Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What broadband?

• 28-01-2021 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I live in Dublin and have been on Digiweb for the last 14 years my speed is very slow 10mb paying 39.95 a month the guy on the phone said the only other option is upgrade but it might not suit me. To be honest I just use web for browsing, the odd program and whats app. Its just me using it, I don't need super speeds for gaming for streaming. I know my speed is very low as it hasnt been changed since 2006. I don't know weather to stick to Digiweb and upgrade or go for Sky I have a sky box. I dont want too much work on installation if I am upgrading as I am a bit of a technophobe and am isolating atm just want a seemless upgrade. I like Digiweb for its good customer service but I don't know anyone else on it. I don't want a package deal just broadband. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

If you don't want any installation upgrade then you are at the best you will get.

miss choc wrote: »
    I live in Dublin and have been on Digiweb for the last 14 years my speed is very slow 10mb paying 39.95 a month the guy on the phone said the only other option is upgrade but it might not suit me. To be honest I just use web for browsing, the odd program and whats app. Its just me using it, I don't need super speeds for gaming for streaming. I know my speed is very low as it hasnt been changed since 2006. I don't know weather to stick to Digiweb and upgrade or go for Sky I have a sky box. I dont want too much work on installation if I am upgrading as I am a bit of a technophobe and am isolating atm just want a seemless upgrade. I like Digiweb for its good customer service but I don't know anyone else on it. I don't want a package deal just broadband. Any advice?

Hi,

I appreciate you are saying that your broadband needs are simple and you don't want much fuss, also that tech isn't your thing.

But. 10mbs? And at €40 p/m?! Have you been at a friend or family member's house and tried newer internet? I mean it seriously, not being sarcastic. You will literally get more time in your life back. :)

I was using a 4G router with pre-pay broadband for a couple of years (typically 80mbs) which was fine. But I upgraded to fibre and everything that uses the internet is done so fast. 4K / any streaming - instant. Software updates: apps, computer, TV etc, takes about 2 mins for biggest updates I've seen.

Lots of companies on the market are offering 30/35 € per month for 500mbs. It will change your life. :eek::D

Advertisement