Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Pest Control Limerick City

• 28-01-2021 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Would anybody have a recommendation for a pest control company please? I've noticed a few cheese loving creatures near the back door outside. I'm nearly sure one has come in already.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

Leonita wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Would anybody have a recommendation for a pest control company please? I've noticed a few cheese loving creatures near the back door outside. I'm nearly sure one has come in already.
    TIA

Rentokil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Hi folks,
    TIA
    Alphasan Pest Control (Pat Fitzgerald). *no numbers*

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

Thanks for the replies. Any idea of costs for these services? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Hi folks,
    TIA

What, French people? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

A cat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

Thanks for the replies. Any idea of costs for these services? TIA

If you ring the local number (available on the website) they will give you a cost. I haven't used them for rodents so can't comment. I have used them for other services and AFAIR it was a couple of hundred squids. I might be wrong on that, better ring and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭peter4918

You could buy you own bait boxes first and give it a go. I have had good success with them. They can be bought in any co-op or hardware store. Might be worth a try first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

peter4918 wrote: »
    You could buy you own bait boxes first and give it a go. I have had good success with them. They can be bought in any co-op or hardware store. Might be worth a try first.

This is a good idea - if you are doing it yourself, note that rats are hoarders so make sure any bait is anchored or in tiny pieces so they'll eat it rather than carry it away to hoard. Mice will eat what's laid out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

Ive rang a few companies and it would cost the bones of at least €250 for them to come out. The bait boxes sound like a brilliant idea so will give them a try first. Thanks for the ideas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Leonita wrote:
    Ive rang a few companies and it would cost the bones of at least €250 for them to come out. The bait boxes sound like a brilliant idea so will give them a try first. Thanks for the ideas!

Use Storm for bait the rest are not great any coop will have it.

Woodies have good bait boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

neosorexa gold grain is probarly the best bait available

https://www.countrylife.ie/shop/product/Neosorexa-Gold-Rat-Bait/B9003721

Advertisement