Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icloud storage

Options
  • 28-01-2021 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm using android myself for years but my wife has an iPhone and I'm not overly familiar with some aspects of it.

Under her icloud storage she has two backups both using somewhere between 6/7gb of her storage. One is her current phone which she got in November and the other seems to be the phone she replaced at that time. Is it OK to delete the old device and claw back that storage? She's nearly at 50gb storage so they want more money from her!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

You could back up onto itunes on a laptop or preferably onto a pc/laptop and have as back up. Otherwise if there are photos its easy enough to back them up from her actual phone than icloud. The main camera roll is all in one location you select a number of pics and download as a zip folder. Whatsapp and instagram have their own folder on the cloud in photo section. You can only select so many pics at a time to download into a zip file. I think its a 1000 but easier to divide it into 100/200/500 for folder/device to take it to download onto. You can delete the back up then from the old device in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

You can connect the iPhone through usb to a laptop or pc and it download all media photos vids animation burst Live Photo’s etc I think the Instagram and whatsapps will be in the files you download directly from phone to laptop/pc into individual folder and files.

You can go into internal storage and go into dcmi and you see photos collected in each file. Download each file separately it automatically download to pc/laptop to your downloads folder directly.

Advertisement