Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why sale agents don't want to talk about social housing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I looked at moving house recently and the new Estate was pricy enough and I would have been stretching to afford the cheapest house in the brochure, plus it was too big for just me. Then driving round, I saw a different style house (4 in a row) which was obviously going to be cheaper than the one I was looking at, but still lovely. So I went into the show office where they had the map and said, Im interested in those ones and pointed to the them on the map.

The Selling Agent said they didnt know what they were and didnt want me drawing attention to them as there were loads of people in the sales office looking at the map.

Turns out they were the social houses, they were smaller and plainer than the other ones, but still gorgeous and well finished.

Didnt have a problem with the houses, just they way it was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You’ll always know. Social housing doesn’t usually appear on the Property Price Register, and if they do they’ll all appear on the same day at the same (lower) price.

I meant you'll never know when you make the decision to buy. Which is what the op is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Social tenants here, working family. Rent costs 148e a week. Most social housing tenants do work. I know the type you are talking about, I grew up on council estates and saw them families all my life. However I don't see much of them anymore.

Unfortunately the stats show more social housing tenants don't work.

saw them families all my life. However I don't see much of them anymore.

They're still there. And they're still causing problems. You just got lucky to manage to evade them.

Advertisement