Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic cosmic SL 45 Disc v's Mavic Cosmic SLR 45 disc

Options
  • 28-01-2021 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, thinking of buying a set of Mavics, does anyone know the difference in quality between the SL 45 and the SLR 45 , there's a price gap of 700eu between them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

probably weight

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

yea its 1575g vs 1470g... aero spokes too

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tony Fitz

Thanks Monkeyslayer, not sure if that's worth the price difference, although there might be a performance advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Tony Fitz wrote: »
    Thanks Monkeyslayer, not sure if that's worth the price difference, although there might be a performance advantage.

Hunt aero 33s are €930 and weigh 1345g. 3 year warranty with an option of a lifetime crash repair warranty for €65 extra. Beautiful wheels and very sturdy. I use my bike 6 days a week in an all weather with the hunts on and they are flawless. Might be an option for you. Don't mind all the crap about rebranded Chinese wheels people go on about when talking about hunts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Saving for a pair of the HUNT 33s myself. As a matter of interest, are they road wheels only or would you get away with a bit of gravel/CX riding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

byrnem31 wrote: »
    Hunt aero 33s are €930 and weigh 1345g. 3 year warranty with an option of a lifetime crash repair warranty for €65 extra. Beautiful wheels and very sturdy. I use my bike 6 days a week in an all weather with the hunts on and they are flawless. Might be an option for you. Don't mind all the crap about rebranded Chinese wheels people go on about when talking about hunts.

Hi, sorry don't want to bring this off topic, but I lurk around these parts rather than post much.... Do I recognise you as having asked a few questions lately? Maybe even about new wheels?? Sorry if I'm mixing you up, but telling someone you're 6 days a week in all weather on a certain product is slightly different to 6 days a week so far for 2 weeks or 6 weeks or whatever??

Anyway, sorry not trying be difficult or comment on the particular brand of wheels at all, but just as you're recommending something fairly expensive there is it based on much use??

CramCycle wrote: »
    Saving for a pair of the HUNT 33s myself. As a matter of interest, are they road wheels only or would you get away with a bit of gravel/CX riding?

I would use them on light gravel but that's all. Hunt have other models that may be better suited to gravel.

Hi, sorry don't want to bring this off topic, but I lurk around these parts rather than post much.... Do I recognise you as having asked a few questions lately? Maybe even about new wheels?? Sorry if I'm mixing you up, but telling someone you're 6 days a week in all weather on a certain product is slightly different to 6 days a week so far for 2 weeks or 6 weeks or whatever??

Anyway, sorry not trying be difficult or comment on the particular brand of wheels at all, but just as you're recommending something fairly expensive there is it based on much use??

I got back into cycling 2 years ago and use my bike regularly as in 6 days a week. Commuting and leisure use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

CramCycle wrote: »

I wouldn't be putting a €1000 wheelset in Irish gravel(a lot of muck ime) but if they are robust enough for a particular rider on the road then I can't see why they wouldn't be robust enough on typical forest roads etc.

Advertisement