Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureText - gone??

Options
  • 28-01-2021 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello All,

My parents have an old eircom alarm system that I changed over to HKC securetext some years ago. They had a recent activation & no SMS was sent. Has the service been discontinued? Can't see a weblink after searching.

If it is gone whats the best alternative beyond replacing the whole main panel? Not sure I want to cough up for their app service.

Thanks,

Leo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

That text service was a function that was provided on landlines by Eircom, this service was stopped by Eircom approx 4 years ago.

If you have no intention for paying for notifications then your options are now very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭leo738

Kub,

I was paying HKC for their SecureText service (& changed the phone numbers on the panel) to replace the eircom text service but the service seems to be discontinued or am I wrong?

leo738 wrote: »
    Kub,

I was paying HKC for their SecureText service (& changed the phone numbers on the panel) to replace the eircom text service but the service seems to be discontinued or am I wrong?

Ah that is a different story now, as far as i know it is still up and running. You said the alarm activated but failed to send you a text, how was the system activated ?

Do you have a weblink for it? Can't find it anymore.

Gross shock, alarm running for a few min so should have sent SMS.

Do you have a weblink for it? Can't find it anymore.

Gross shock, alarm running for a few min so should have sent SMS.

Are they continuing to invoice you for this ?

They changed their website over a year ago, perhaps as this is a continuation of a service that was provided originally by another provider and as they have moved on, perhaps that is why it is not on their website.

I reckon your best bet is to contact them directly as your agreement is as such with them.

• Advertisement

Kub,

I'll have to check my parents email to see if they're still billing them, difficult in the current circumstances. I seriously think they've pulled the service as I can't find any link to it.

Kub,

I'll have to check my parents email to see if they're still billing them, difficult in the current circumstances. I seriously think they've pulled the service as I can't find any link to it.

If they have pulled the service then i would assume they would have made those of us in the industry aware of it.

Please keep us up to date

Hello all,

Well its still there, just rolled into the SecureComm site:

https://securecomm.hkc.ie/

I tested the SMS feature on my folks system, working now so not sure the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello all,

Well its still there, just rolled into the SecureComm site:

https://securecomm.hkc.ie/

I tested the SMS feature on my folks system, working now so not sure the issue.

If you have a digital line this can stop signals getting to HKC then on to yourself so be careful of line upgrades in their area.
    HKC wont know about it so the onus is on yourself to test regularly, same with any monitored alarms using the tradition phoneline.

Advertisement