Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone help me to understand QCA?

• 28-01-2021 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Howye lads and girls.

I'm a final year student and I need some help in understanding QCA for my degree classification. So basically coming into final year I was on a QCA of 3.00 so I was at a 2.1 degree classification.

Did alright in my Christmas exams, got a 3.30, which brought my cumulative average up to 3.13. I would love to get a first class honours (3.40).

However, I'm terrible at maths and am struggling to make it out. I've been told 4th year is double weighted but I do not understand what bearing that has on my QCA, if anyone could explain that. If anyone would be able to work out what I would need to get a 1.1 degree also I would greatly appreciate it, because it's all going way over my head.

Some extra details: QCA is based off of 2nd year and final year, first and third year do not have any bearing:
    2nd year semester one QCA: 2.96
    2nd year semester two QCA: 3.04
    4th year semester one QCA: 3.30

Cheers
    Tagged:

Advertisement