Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone any idea what's going on here PAYE

• 28-01-2021 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭

Anyone any idea what's going on here PAYE worker 30 hours a week gross 539 pay 132 in tax and another 30 in prsi and USC, that's happened the last 2 weeks, fairly pissed off as some of my colleagues are getting 350 on covid and won't come back to work till all this is over and I got 370 this week for my troubles.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭relax carry on

popa smurf wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what's going on here PAYE worker 30 hours a week gross 539 pay 132 in tax and another 30 in prsi and USC, that's happened the last 2 weeks, fairly pissed off as some of my colleagues are getting 350 on covid and won't come back to work till all this is over and I got 370 this week for my troubles.

Have you logged into your Revenue MyAccount to see how your credits and cut off point are allocated to your employment for 2021? Is there anything in your 2021 tax credit cert that looks odd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭popa smurf

Thanks for response I Just have the employee tax credit of 1650 we shared the other tax credits but herself seems to have ended up with them, but even with the 1650 tax credit the figures dont add up

• Registered Users Posts: 35 arex93

Have you started receiving any benefit in kind (bik) recently?

arex93 wrote: »
    Have you started receiving any benefit in kind (bik) recently?
    No

Have you logged into your Revenue MyAccount to see how your credits and cut off point are allocated to your employment for 2021? Is there anything in your 2021 tax credit cert that looks odd?

Has your rate band decreased as well? What rate band is allocated to your employment?

• Advertisement

Don't think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Same here, down €90 for the fortnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

539 euro @ 20% is 108 euro deduction less your weekly tax credit of about 30 euro should be tax of about 80 euro. Check what your weekly credits are on bottom of payslip to make sure you have them applied.
    How much did you earn in the weeks 1 to 3 of 2021?

First pay period of the year I didn't earn anything as took a few extra days after Christmas went back on the 11 of January and got a full wage 460 but next 2 were 378

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Your wages are 539
    PRSI@4%= 21.56
    USC approx 9-10euro
    Tax = 539X0.2--31.73=76euro

Total deductions approx 108 euro net pay approx 431 euro

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Your wages are 539
    PRSI@4%= 21.56
    USC approx 9-10euro
    Tax = 539X0.2--31.73=76euro

Total deductions approx 108 euro net pay approx 431 euro
    Ya that's what I was getting before Christmas, would they have put me on 40 % tax.

Anyone get any clarity?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 arex93

Thats odd. I would call the Revenue to understand what is happening...

arex93 wrote: »
    Thats odd. I would call the Revenue to understand what is happening...

They aren't answering at the moment, will try again on Monday, checked MyAccount theres minimal difference in this year and last

Hopefully it will sort it self out next week.

They aren't answering at the moment, will try again on Monday, checked MyAccount theres minimal difference in this year and last

As Revenue don't process your payroll, all they'll be able to do is confirm what you can see on your MyAccount record. If your standard rate cut off point and tax credits haven't altered from last year then I'd contact your payroll to ensure they are using the latest RPN for you.

As Revenue don't process your payroll, all they'll be able to do is confirm what you can see on your MyAccount record. If your standard rate cut off point and tax credits haven't altered from last year then I'd contact your payroll to ensure they are using the latest RPN for you.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭collsoft

Have you or your spouse been on PUP in 2021 at all?

collsoft wrote: »
    Have you or your spouse been on PUP in 2021 at all?
    No must get on to someone that knows about tax as I seem to be paying a lot of it gross 580 this week and took home 445 Its a bit much in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Saudades

No must get on to someone that knows about tax as I seem to be paying a lot of it gross 580 this week and took home 445 Its a bit much in my opinion.

580 (gross) - 28.5% (20% income tax, 4% PRSI, 4.5% USC) + 31.73 (weekly tax credit of 1650/52) = 446.

Maybe your employer isn't applying the three USC band rates.

• Advertisement

Saudades wrote: »
    580 (gross) - 28.5% (20% income tax, 4% PRSI, 4.5% USC) + 31.73 (weekly tax credit of 1650/52) = 446.

Thanks I will give payroll a call and see what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mamto5

Did anyone get new tax credits this morning. I am married and my husband works in the hotel industry and is on the PUP since March. I have taken the night tax rate band and tax credits to tide us over. But today I received new tax credits and they have reduced our SRCOP by his PUP payment. Is this correct I though my nobody was to pay tax on this until 2022. If this is the case would we not be bette riff being assessed separately as I can only earn 24000 at 20% tax rate now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Mamto5 wrote: »
    Did anyone get new tax credits this morning. I am married and my husband works in the hotel industry and is on the PUP since March. I have taken the night tax rate band and tax credits to tide us over. But today I received new tax credits and they have reduced our SRCOP by his PUP payment. Is this correct I though my nobody was to pay tax on this until 2022. If this is the case would we not be bette riff being assessed separately as I can only earn 24000 at 20% tax rate now
    I just got this as well. My wife has been on PUP since May, and we already sorted a small tax underpayment for 2020. But now they are deducting 2 grand from our tax credits for 2021, and I dont understand why. If it was to correct for tax underpayment it should be spread over 4 years, and no way it amounts to 8k.

Edit: Just realised as well that our 20% rate band has been slashed by 10k, the annual PUP total if she gets it all year (203 * 52). And so 2111.20 = (203*52)/5, i.e. 20% of annual PUP total.

I'm just confused/surprised as I hadn't heard/read about anything like this, beyond the tax underpayment issue for 2020

beglee wrote: »
    I just got this as well. My wife has been on PUP since May, and we already sorted a small tax underpayment for 2020. But now they are deducting 2 grand from our tax credits for 2021, and I dont understand why. If it was to correct for tax underpayment it should be spread over 4 years, and no way it amounts to 8k
    They are taxing the PUP payment that they receive in 2021 by reducing our Standard rate cut off and tax credits in 2021. I am hoping this is a mistake as this means we will be down a couple of hundred a month and we are already just getting by. This contradicts what they have on their website. Also they have not awarded my husband a SRCOP for 2021 so they have reduced my from 44300 to 26100. So they are taxing me on his PUP it seems very unfair.

Yeah it seems excessive. 2k less in credits and also paying 40% tax on an extra 10k. So that's 6k in taxes for 10k in PUP payments, if she gets them for the full year. Ouch

Yeah it seems excessive. 2k less in credits and also paying 40% tax on an extra 10k. So that's 6k in taxes for 10k in PUP payments, if she gets them for the full year. Ouch

I have sent a query through my enquiries and will ring them on Monday if that is the case it makes more sense for us to be assessed separately that way I can earn 35300 at 20%. I have not seen anything on the news about PUP payment being taxed in 2021 by reducing tax credits etc I was under the impression that we would start paying in 2022 over 4 years.

Saudades wrote: »

Should I have another tax credit of 1650 as well looks like i am only getting the 1 or is my OH getting it as she makes more than me at moment.

Actually it wont work out like that, as the rate reduction only affects her side. So if shes not working n only getting PUP, it means nothing. And the credit reduction shouldnt work out too bad either after analysing a bit more

Was just a bit of a shock to see it at first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I am on pup @ 300 pw since sept. My husband was on it for a few months last year, bit for the past 3 weeks he's been paying over half his wages in tax.
    Our SOL has an underpayment od €1600 and our tax credits have been reduced from 65/0 to 1440 pa also our SRCOP has been reduced from 44300 to 10600. I do not know how we are supposed to manage on this I've submitted 2 enquiries as phone lines are bot working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I got an amended tax credit cert yesterday. My tax credits have been reduced by '3640 dsp Pup payment' which leaves me at 0 for the year and then below that under Rate band 1 I'm on 40% after 15k. How is any of that right? I've been on pup payment since December 31st, and was on Twss during lockdown 1+2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Same here have been taxed to the hilt since Christmas, looks like I have no Tax credits left for this year, was on PUP for 3 months, back working since September, jesus they are crippling the working person the lad that gets up early as leo variety called it.

Got an updated cert allowances cut, couple of weeks off on EWSS last summer but not much,

Advertisement