Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game (Retail Store)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trip to Dublin for me was cinema in the Savoy, Dr. Quirkeys. Hit the two game shops on Henry Street, hit the one one liffey street. Hit Virgin Megastore. Then on to the southside for Grafton street and Dawson street.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hurrache wrote: »
    Every Saturday, onto the bus into the city and hung around the counter in Cathal Brugha Street waiting to see if anyone brought back a game I wanted that wasn't on the shelves in order to nab it before it was put back out again!

I just found it hilarious they would sell you the blank tapes whilst renting you out 3 games (me and mates used to chip in for one each).

To the younger generation C64 games came on cassette tapes and if you had a twin cassette stereo you could copy tonnes of games onto a single tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

before I had a twin deck I had a program for the Spectrum that used to dump the game into memory and then allow you to record to tape

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

What was the used game store near Connolly that closed ages ago called (under the DART bridge, still had the artwork on the outside until a few years ago)?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    What was the used game store near Connolly that closed ages ago called (under the DART bridge, still had the artwork on the outside until a few years ago)?

That’s Gamexchange, and rather incredibly is still going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That’s Gamexchange, and rather incredibly is still going.
    I think the poster is referring to Game Zone, which was run by the same family as Gamexchange just slightly up from it. Fantastic place, I recall chancing my arm asking if they'd Pokemon Gold and Silver going early and the guy unceremoniously pulled out a box from behind the counter and sold a copy of Silver there and then. I danced around the shop like Martin Prince, so I did.

Advertisement