Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow/Ice warning for Leinster, Donegal, Cavan, Monaghan and Connacht

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Snowing lightly north Offaly. Started as rain temp 2.3.now the temperature has fallen to 0.8 and DP - 0.2. Ground is sodden though, unlikely to stick

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Cold rain with a slight sleet mix in Tullamore. Everywhere is soaked. Horrible.

Snowing mad on the high ground west of Arklow now as staff just turned up here from there
    Rain here just 4 miles east near the coast
    Wind's Souheast

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭sidcon

Flakes of snow with rain in Swords now

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Snowing glencree valley ASL 220 meters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Temp dropping steadily since 6am. Down to 1.6C now and the icy blowing sideways muck is getting whiter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Started off as snow, then turned to sleet, now back to snow.
    Whereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Sleepy light rain with intermittent snow flakes Inishowen. Car thermometer says 0°C

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain to sleet and now turning to sleety snow in meath, who cares anyway, its just more water

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Anyone in Athlone to verify the light snow report from the automated station at Custume Barracks at 9 am? It was raining all morning with temp/dp 2/1 but the 9 am report had it as snow.

METAR EIAC 310900Z AUTO 12009KT 9000 -SN OVC007/// 02/01 Q0995=

EDIT Now light sleet at 0930, though temperature has fallen to 1.

METAR EIAC 310930Z AUTO 12009KT 9999 -RASN OVC006/// 01/01 Q0994=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Pretty much full on sleet here now. But rain, sleet or snow, this weather is repulsive.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Sent the drone up a few minutes ago. 100% pure rain at my elevation of just under 90m. 50m higher and it's pure snow. Staggering!

highdef wrote: »
    Sent the drone up a few minutes ago. 100% pure rain at my elevation of just under 90m. 50m higher and it's pure snow. Staggering!

Yes, this sounding for your location for right now shows just how marginal it is.

541586.png

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

What a wash out again. We can’t get a break can we :(

Custume Barracks in Athlone back reporting light snow again at 10 am. Anyone there to confirm or deny it?

METAR EIAC 311000Z AUTO 12010KT 9999 -SN OVC006/// 01/01 Q0994=

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Snowing in lucan now

Whereabouts?

Thats my biggest pet peeve with these threads. People giving a weather report and not saying the location.

Currently just rain here. 4 miles east of Athenry, Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Tubbercurry to Bonniconlon currently impassable
    https://www.facebook.com/115609018461867/posts/3890711197618278/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Snowing in lucan now

I'm in Leixlip and there was a sleety mix threatening to turn to snow but back to rain now.

Edit: few flakes in the rain now, weather really can't make up it's mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Yes, this sounding for your location for right now shows just how marginal it is.

The rain has transitioned to sleet but below is the video I took from the drone a short while ago. At the time of flying it was 100% rain at ground level (just under 90m ASL). In the video, there was snow falling to as low as 30m above me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Heavy snow now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Snowing still Offaly but dewpoint crept up to 0 from - 0.2.fractional but it makes all the difference. This will probably turn back to rain in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Give me a hard frost anytime rather than this muck......

Heavy snow now!

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Just think of every possible type of precip and you'll probably get some of that today. Made some edits to details in today's forecast as it appears the mixing elevations are going to be somewhat lower, basically the effect of this nasty mix will be to leave a slushy mess on roads and paths, caution advised -- heavy snow could fall on higher routes, the sticking snow will likely be at least 200m and in some areas 250-300m above sea level.

I would feel right at home after a week of similar nasty mixtures around here, it is what it is.

Where?

Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Give me a hard frost anytime rather than this muck......

Yep, got up early for work this morning and it felt the coldest day this winter. Was 1 degree and felt far colder than the mornings hopping in the car at -4 or -5.

That "humid" cold is horrible, get into your bones.

The Snow is beginning to stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

The Snow is beginning to stick!

Nice. Maybe the weather gods got sick of reading the last couple of pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It's chilly up at Howth weather station

2.3/1.0

That's cold with that breeze in from the sea but not cold enough, I'd expect nice bit of snow over the Dublin/Wicklow hills

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement