Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excavator

• 28-01-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

16ton Hyundai Robex, 2001, what are these diggers like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Cattlepen

kincaid wrote: »
    16ton Hyundai Robex, 2001, what are these diggers like?

Absolutely super digger. Had a 130 and rated the best I ever had. Bombproof Cummins engine in 130 so I presume 160 the same. Very fast diggers.
    Do you mind me asking what you are thinking of doing with it? I only ask because if your only tipping around or that why would you buy a machine that has its best days behind it? Hire one when you’ve all your work lined up. If it breaks or bursts a hose you ring hire crowd and they bring you another. No responsibility or lying under a machine yer self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

Cattlepen wrote: »
    Absolutely super digger. Had a 130 and rated the best I ever had. Bombproof Cummins engine in 130 so I presume 160 the same. Very fast diggers.
    Do you mind me asking what you are thinking of doing with it? I only ask because if your only tipping around or that why would you buy a machine that has its best days behind it? Hire one when you’ve all your work lined up. If it breaks or bursts a hose you ring hire crowd and they bring you another. No responsibility or lying under a machine yer self

Got 2 to 3 months work for one, so you put it before an Hitachi or jcb, is parts hard go come by, you say they are faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Cattlepen

kincaid wrote: »
    Got 2 to 3 months work for one, so you put it before an Hitachi or jcb, is parts hard go come by, you say they are faster

Don’t know about secondhand parts situation. Whelan down in Clare were the main agents for them. I would prefer it to jcb 130 I have now. Nothing wrong with hitachi either. They a very popular machine.
    Have you time to drive it? Are you an efficient machine driver? Would you not be better to hire a man and machine for the job? There is a serious difference in the amount of work an experienced driver will get done and what someone who’s only doing it an odd time
    If your asking about parts you must be expecting trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Cummins 6bt in the 160. Very good digger. I have the 180 on 800mm tracks and love it. They are beasts to dig compared to their equivalent weight of other makes.
    The cab is about the softest point I found,rust in the window frame can ruin it. Pretty easy mechanical wise to fix. Whelans are good for parts,either collect or they will post or pallet it out the next day.
    The 160 is 70mm pins the same as the 180 I would think. Hard to find much second hand buckets for it. I've taken to buying 20ton 80mm stuff and modifying them to suit.

this hyundai one is slow at the pumps.

• Advertisement

Cattlepen wrote: »
    Don’t know about secondhand parts situation. Whelan down in Clare were the main agents for them. I would prefer it to jcb 130 I have now. Nothing wrong with hitachi either. They a very popular machine.
    Have you time to drive it? Are you an efficient machine driver? Would you not be better to hire a man and machine for the job? There is a serious difference in the amount of work an experienced driver will get done and what someone who’s only doing it an odd time
    If your asking about parts you must be expecting trouble.

what is the year of jcb js130 you have

13k is this Hyundai digger,

Advertisement