Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermarolling, microneedling - opinions?

Options
  • 28-01-2021 11:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I tried the 540 needle roller a while ago with no real effect.

Then I tried the 192 surgical needle roller but the lowest length of 0.3 mm.

Not bad, but didn't elicit anything worthwhile.

Did a reddit search and 1.5 mm was the recommended length.

Ordered 192 surgical needle roller and been using it the last few days.

It does what the others didn't, and elicits a good strong nerve/blood flow response (nice reddening of the area etc), which stimulates growth and repair.
    Much better than the other rollers.

Recommended to use it in combination with serums and creams like tretinoin and collagen cream etc.

I use it anywhere the skin looks like it needs attention (+ around the hair line), thus far it feels positive and greater penetration of topical products is an intuitive and well documented benefit.

I sterilize it with 70% isopropyl alcohol after each use.

There is some debate as to effectiveness of micro needling machines like the "derminator" being superior to rollers but, they're pricier.

Anyone use derma rolling, experiences good/bad etc?

Comments

Advertisement