Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I close current account but retain credit card?

Options
  • 29-01-2021 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi there

I have a BoI current account which I don't use much anymore. With the new €6/month fee, I'm considering just closing the account.

However, I also have a BoI credit card, which I would like to retain. Is it possible to close the current account but retain the credit card? Will I still be able to access 365online if I close my current account?

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

osullc10 wrote: »
    Hi there

I have a BoI current account which I don't use much anymore. With the new €6/month fee, I'm considering just closing the account.

However, I also have a BoI credit card, which I would like to retain. Is it possible to close the current account but retain the credit card? Will I still be able to access 365online if I close my current account?

Thanks very much for your assistance.
    Hi osullc10,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear you are looking to close your account. You can certainly do this while still keeping your credit card active. 

If your address and phone number are correct on your account, you can apply to close it online using the attached link. Please ensure to bring the account to a zero balance to enable the account closure to be completed. You can transfer funds using 365 Online or withdrawal at an ATM/Branch. 

If your address and/or contact number ha changed, you can call us on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 to have your address updated. Alternatively, you can send a letter of instruction to your account holding branch to have the account closed. The letter should include a certified copy of your passport, 2 proofs of address and your contact number, just in case a branch staff member needs to get in touch. 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/close-current-account/[/font]

I hope this information helps!

Have a nice day and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

Hi Megan

Thanks for your reply.

I wonder could you also answer my question: "Will I still be able to access 365online if I close my current account?"

I want to be able to download my monthly credit card statement as a PDF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

osullc10 wrote: »
    Hi Megan

Thanks for your reply.

I wonder could you also answer my question: "Will I still be able to access 365online if I close my current account?"

I want to be able to download my monthly credit card statement as a PDF.
    Thanks for getting back to me. 

Once you close your current account, you may still have access to your 365 account to manage your credit card. If you do lose access to this, don't worry, we have plans to enable 365 in the coming months for credit card only holders. We will be in touch closer to the time. 

If you have any credit card queries, please call the team on 1890251251. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

Great, thanks. Have a nice weekend!

Advertisement