Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding WAP to F2000 router

Options
  • 29-01-2021 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi
    I have recently had an increase in the number of wireless devices on my home network (Eir F2000)
    With this, I am getting complaints of connection problems. Googling leads me to think that the F2000 might not be up to the job.

If I get a WAP (Ubiquiti or other) can I just plug it into the ethernet port (and power it), disable the F2000 wifi and my problems will be solved?
    Or will I need to get a router (device that can handle DHCP as well)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rugrat69

Maybe ask your provider for their latest router see how that fairs out and if the coverage is the issue add a new Ap to it. The router will tend not to have Poe so you will have to either get a poe switch or injector to juice the ap up or local 12 v 3 pin adapter.

Advertisement