Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Captain

• 29-01-2021 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭

tough choice this week

GW21 Captain 155 votes

DCL (NEW)
    58% 90 votes
    Gundogan (SHU)
    5% 9 votes
    Sterling (SHU)
    12% 20 votes
    Cancelo (SHU)
    7% 11 votes
    Bruno (ars)
    3% 6 votes
    Salah (whu)
    0% 0 votes
    Son (bha)
    5% 8 votes
    Maddison (LEE)
    3% 6 votes
    Ings (AVL)
    1% 3 votes
    Grealish (sou)
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Strongly considering a Maddison punt - at Home against Leeds who everyone seems to think are dire at the moment. With Vardy out - he needs to step up to the plate and he'll need to up his game in coming weeks if he wants any chance of making the Euro's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Currently on Cancelo.

2 Sheffield United goals IMO were an outlier so CS potential and attacking potential.

Fernandes, Salah, Foden in my team I can't trust this week as (C)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Gundog or DCL. Tempted to stick the armband on my shiny new DCL as a slight punt. Don't see City blowing Sheff away like they did West Brom.

Also like that Maddison shout from Ace.
    It's gonna be a wide spread this week, guessing the majority will go Sterling/Salah/Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Currently on Cancelo.

2 Sheffield United goals IMO were an outlier so CS potential and attacking potential.

Fernandes, Salah, Foden in my team I can't trust this week as (C)

Was thinking the same but feel he's too much of a rotation risk, reckon he'll be rested for one of the SHU/BUR games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Cancelo with VC going back and forth between Son (possibly playing up top ?? ) and Gundog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

Feels very open this week.

My instinct is that the West Ham Liverpool game will be high scoring so might just go with Salah. Man City seems the obvious choice though, but which player.

Interesting differentials not mentioned so far are Jamez and Richarlison for Everton, Barnes for Leicester, and Firmino and Mane for Liverpool. Antonio a good shout too seeing as Liverpool have no fit defenders left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I know I said I didn't think I could be transferring in Gundogan last week and then ended up persuading myself but I genuinely dont think I can graduate to captaining him this week. I think Cancelo is a great shout for those who have him. I do not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Is there any reason not to bring in Digne and captain him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

mectavba wrote: »
    Is there any reason not to bring in Digne and captain him

Pickford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Right my punt on Creswell paid off, punt on Bamford didn't so let's try another one Richarlison home to a very poor Newcastle side...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Kane! Oh wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Gundogan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Raheeeem DCL VC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Torn between Barnes and Cancelo.

Cancelo as C did me proud this week but I think I might flip to Barnes because it’s Leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Sterling or Salah... surely Salah cant blank 7 games in a row can he!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've captained Sterling 3 GWs in a row, returning -2, 33 (TC) & 22. He's been a big differential in all 3 weeks, both good and bad.

I suppose it would be rude to change it off of him. It would also be rude of Pep to rotate him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Fitz* wrote: »
    I've captained Sterling 3 GWs in a row, returning -2, 33 (TC) & 22. He's been a big differential in all 3 weeks, both good and bad.

I suppose it would be rude to change it off of him. It would also be rude of Pep to rotate him!

you just made my mind up - I need to remove sterling (he can't get 3 decent hauls in a row...might look at maddison - he is due a haul)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

you just made my mind up - I need to remove sterling (he can't get 3 decent hauls in a row...might look at maddison - he is due a haul)

Any logical reason why he cant? They're at home to Sheffield United.

COH wrote: »
    Sterling or Salah... surely Salah cant blank 7 games in a row can he!??

you would have thought that every game ...he couldn't get 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 blanks ...but it happened.

I do think he will score this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cancelo or Sterling....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gundogan seems to be playing centrally and bursting into the box so went with him v Sheffield and Son VC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Going with Grealish

Feenix wrote: »
    Any logical reason why he cant? They're at home to Sheffield United.

no logic - just maybe pep roulette !

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

no logic - just maybe pep roulette !

They're missing De Bruyne and Aguero so I'd say Sterling is pretty safe. You never know of course! At least we aren't likely to see him taking/missing any penos any time soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

With it wide open and players expected to score big not necessarily being reliable until proven otherwise I feel free to go a bit different.

Just went for Watkins over Lacazette. They occupy the top two spots for xG in the last 6 games.

He has the 2nd most shots of all in the last 6. The most inside the box. Joint second most on target.

Southampton are middle of the pack in various defensive stats last 6 games and have even disrupted somewhat from injuries and suspensions.

I'm happy to have a stab at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Getting dirty thoughts of captaining Harvey Barnes after only just buying him.

Was all set on Gundogan but I'm ****ting that SHU will be deeper and not give as much space as WBA. Hopefully SHU are wrecked from the effort at United. It's on Gundogan over night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Cancelo for me. VC Gundogen. I’ve got tired of picking the safe bets the last few weeks when they all seem to be out of form anyway. Worth the bit of risk when he has a decent chance of clean sheet and possibly attacking returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Despite getting good scores the last few weeks my captains have been mostly blanks. Decided to throw it on Maddison this week, worst that can happen is another blank. I imagine the game with Leeds should be fairly open so I think he could thrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Giving it to Gundog..... although it's probably a gameweek too late.

Transferred in DCL but feels too risky to captain him tbh

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Giving it to Gundog..... although it already feels a gameweek too late.

Transferred in DCL but feels too risky to captain him tbh

Plus it's the early game.... Early game is often bad to be involved in, doesn't always go as expected, would not surprise me if DCL blanks and richarleson or digne get the goals with ASM or dodgy tash getting one for Newcastle.

I'm leaning towards Madison this week, primarily because he didn't score last week, with vardy out he may be allowed more opportunities (it will probably be between himself Barnes and tiellemens to get the goals)

Advertisement