Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Poor Customer Service again

Options
  • 29-01-2021 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Have many problems with your service.  March 2018 I missed one of my two monthly repayments to a loan I have with you. I paid three repayments the following months to cover that. I was told over and over again that my account was up to date and all if fine. Dragged through hell x-mass 2019 because your company kept me for getting an overdraft I needed for x-mas and could not explain why. Massive review and letter form BOI that told me nothing and solved less. I got a call saying I still owe for the missed March payment but won't answer me where the third payment went? and have been charging me interest on the missed March payment for three years now. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

jface187 wrote: »
    Have many problems with your service.  March 2018 I missed one of my two monthly repayments to a loan I have with you. I paid three repayments the following months to cover that. I was told over and over again that my account was up to date and all if fine. Dragged through hell x-mass 2019 because your company kept me for getting an overdraft I needed for x-mas and could not explain why. Massive review and letter form BOI that told me nothing and solved less. I got a call saying I still owe for the missed March payment but won't answer me where the third payment went? and have been charging me interest on the missed March payment for three years now. 
    Hi jfact187,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am very sorry to hear that this has been your experience. For the best help with your query, it would be best to speak to our credit operations team on 1850222200, one of my colleagues can look into this further for you.

If you would like to raise a formal complaint, please see the link below. 

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

I hope this information helps. 

Take care and stay safe.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Because of the previous complaint, they won't look into again, even do it's a different issue. I have been told I have to go to the financial regulator, but no idea how to do that, really let down by your company again.  

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

Because of the previous complaint, they won't look into again, even do it's a different issue. I have been told I have to go to the financial regulator, but no idea how to do that, really let down by your company again.  
    You need to complain to Financial Ombudsman but before you can do that you need to have a Final decision on your complaint.

Take a look here at the process how to take it to FOS.

https://www.fspo.ie/make-a-complaint/

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

glen123 wrote: »
    You need to complain to Financial Ombudsman but before you can do that you need to have a Final decision on your complaint.

I have the final complaint letter. I just find the whole process overwhelming and can't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

glen123 wrote: »

I have the final complaint letter. I just find the whole process overwhelming and can't figure it out.
    Even better. Then on that link I gave you, you move to to Step 3.

Look at  [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contacting the FSPO about your complaint[/font]

Download the form, fill it in, enclose copies of everything required and send it to them. Looks like you can email everything to them which is easier.

They will contact the bank and will request information from them e.g. copies of all correspondence etc and they will review it and will issue their decision and if bank is in the wrong, bank will be told what to do to fix it. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement