Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sight line splays on selling a house

Options
  • 29-01-2021 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I had my house for sale over the last couple of years and had to let two buyers go as there are no sight line agreements on my house and there seems to be a requirement for these which was not there before. My solicitor says there is a certificate of compliance with the planning office for my house which I bought from the builder. I am using the same solicitor as used for my original purchase 18 years ago. I have lived here for the past 18 years. My neighbours did not want to sign the sight line agreements which were presented to them by my solicitor through their solicitors. One of my neighbours solicitors advised that I should move the driveway to avoid the sight line agreement requirement. I am stuck with this situation, and it seems so hard to get definitive advise on this. Can anyone help? I took the house of the market because it went on so long...and hoping to deal with this prior to putting it back on the market.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ireduffy wrote: »
    My solicitor says there is a certificate of compliance with the planning office for my house which I bought from the builder.
    The planning office dont retain such certificates. Your solicitor should have the certificate of compliance since you bought the house 18 years ago. You should clarify this point with your solicitor but frankly someone is spoofing based on what you have described.

Either no cert exists or it has been falsely issued. You say you cant achieve the vision lines yet someone has certified that you can. Your solicitor is looking for your neighbours to sign up to easements now...why wasnt that sorted before you bought 18 years ago?

I think you need to talk to your solicitor.

Advertisement