Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International charges automatically declining

Options
  • 29-01-2021 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

My girlfriend lives in America and we often buy each other gifts or take away. The other day I tried to buy her sweets and a dress for Valentine's day, but the transaction auto declined and then locked my account for a few hours. Usually I would get a text from the bank asking if I recognize the charge, but I don't even get them anymore. My bank account unlocked the next day and I can use it at home just fine, but now international transactions just decline instantly, i dont get a text or anything and even websites/apps I've used without problem before no longer work.

I was just wondering how I could go about removing this block on transactions on my account? and why am I not getting texts asking if I recognize the charge?

Thanks in advance,
    David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Raracht wrote: »
    Hello,

My girlfriend lives in America and we often buy each other gifts or take away. The other day I tried to buy her sweets and a dress for Valentine's day, but the transaction auto declined and then locked my account for a few hours. Usually I would get a text from the bank asking if I recognize the charge, but I don't even get them anymore. My bank account unlocked the next day and I can use it at home just fine, but now international transactions just decline instantly, i dont get a text or anything and even websites/apps I've used without problem before no longer work.

I was just wondering how I could go about removing this block on transactions on my account? and why am I not getting texts asking if I recognize the charge?

Thanks in advance,
    David.
    Good afternoon David,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty using your card. The card may have been flagged for a security check. If you have not received any text or email from our card security team you can email fpucardsecurity@boi.com or call the team on freephone 1800946764. One of my colleagues can certainly check if the card has been flagged.

I hope this information helps!

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement