Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offseason 2021 - Trades, Free Agency, QB Carousel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Slow start for receivers, nearly all the top guys that weren’t tagged are still available

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Thuney to the Chiefs. Big surprise there.

Looks like a cap friendly deal in the first year at least.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1371584888101539843?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

Pats are throwing around money lol, seemingly above market rate for 2nd/3rd tier guys. Not usually the best way to go about things. But they’ve added more quality at the end of the day.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Looks like a cap friendly deal in the first year at least.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1371584888101539843?s=21

Gosh I shudder at what we will end up having to pay Quenton Nelson eventually

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Nelson Agholor to the Pats.

He’s done very well for himself with that deal.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1371593133927100419?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Nelson Agholor to the Pats.

And Kendrick Bourne. Jeez. Bill is throwing a lot of cash at the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Even before any spending unofficially starting today, some teams were still underwater from a cap perspective (some team might have changed slightly since this post).

Rams appear like they're going to wait until the last minute to cut guys in the hopes that teams will have spent money early, giving them a better chance of getting guys back on a cheap deal. Again, a move that I can't see players being happy about.

I'm sure restructuring deals could help but I'd be surprised if they could get that much down

https://twitter.com/JeffRatcliffe/status/1371255963215347713?s=20

Rams were $33m over the cap and just signed Floyd to a $16m per year deal...

So interested in what they'll be doing over the next few days to get that down

And Kendrick Bourne. Jeez. Bill is throwing a lot of cash at the wall.

Has to be a 'I don't have long left, I'm going to enjoy this' type decisions - if it doesn't work out then it is on someone else to try to clean up.

All these deals could be structured in a way where the hits aren't as big as they seem but I'd be surprised if they all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not impressed with Agholor or Bourne signings.

eagle eye wrote: »

Who would you have liked from that list? Some very good receivers available still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Has to be a 'I don't have long left, I'm going to enjoy this' type decisions - if it doesn't work out then it is on someone else to try to clean up.

All these deals could be structured in a way where the hits aren't as big as they seem but I'd be surprised if they all are.

Yeah, the fine detail will be interesting. The Smith and Judon deals will be big alright you'd have to think, but I'd be surprised if the others are as generous as the initial numbers suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I saw someone say our WR depth chart now looks like a bunch of $2 fantasy football auction draft bids. I don't necessarily disagree. Would have liked a #1 somewhere which I guess isn't happening now. Here's hoping Agholor surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Who would you have liked from that list? Some very good receivers available still
    Curtis Samuel would have interested me. Of the more senior ones I like Hilton and AJ Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

eagle eye wrote: »
    Agholor is a good WR and he played well for the Raiders last season. I was hoping we would keep him but it wasnt to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Ivy Better Rumba

Agholor is a good WR and he played well for the Raiders last season. I was hoping we would keep him but it wasnt to be.

He's always been an excellent route runner and is very nippy but he has regular concentration drops. Perhaps bill thinks he can help him with that if so he will.be worth it he was excelent in 2017 but it's a big if and I can't see who else was paying him that

Bud Dupree to the Titans $16.5m per year, couple of other teams including the Browns were looking at him as well. Will miss him in Pittsburgh, he and TJ Watt were a really fun pair to watch but there was no way they could pay both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Jets added Carl Lawson and Corey Davis overnight, I'm really impressed with both signings. After Thuney, Lawson was on top of my wish list, its been so long since the Jets had anyone that even resembled an edge rusher
    Would have liked them to land on of the top iOL but it wasnt to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fitzmagic is going to Washington. And no doubt he’ll do what he did in Miami if needed and knowing the eagles luck he’ll beat us twice.

phatkev wrote: »
    Jets added Carl Lawson and Corey Davis overnight, I'm really impressed with both signings. After Thuney, Lawson was on top of my wish list, its been so long since the Jets had anyone that even resembled an edge rusher
    Would have liked them to land on of the top iOL but it wasnt to be.

When you compare the price of Agholor then Davis looks like a great bit of business. Don't think he is a #1 but you have some guys left in FA or turn to the draft.

As I said in the Jets thread last week, not surprised at all that they didn't overpay on Thuney as Shanahan and that scheme doesn't value OG. It would have been pushed by Douglas if they'd gone that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

We (Vikings) got Dalvin Tomlinson from the Giants last night any opinion on him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

When you compare the price of Agholor then Davis looks like a great bit of business. Don't think he is a #1 but you have some guys left in FA or turn to the draft.

Yeah I dont see Davis as a true #1 either and his game did seem to become alot better when he had AJ Brown starting along side him. But hey, he's better than a broken Breshad Perriman!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

markc91 wrote: »
    We (Vikings) got Dalvin Tomlinson from the Giants last night any opinion on him?

very good run stuffer

8 sacks over 4 years but has had 3.5 the last two years each

disappointed we couldn't keep him

Pats signing Hunter Henry according to Schefter, three years $37.5m

Holy Moly

The old two tight end days are back in Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Hopefully Henry doesn't go and execute someone gangland style.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The old two tight end days are back in Boston.

Maybe it'll be four tight end sets with those highly hyped draft picks who last year were going to bring back the old two tight end days?? :pac:

Patriots are shaping up to go mad and move up to pick one of the top QBs. Can't see them spending all that money and going with Cam or hoping their guy falls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

CB Shaquail Griffin is signing with the Jaguars

Quiet enough on the WR front. I think the success of WR in recent drafts is diluting the market. Not sure will Golladay get €18m/y for example.

letowski wrote: »
    Quiet enough on the WR front. I think the success of WR in recent drafts is diluting the market. Not sure will Golladay get €18m/y for example.

Another bumper year to come in the draft as well.

The guys that made it to FA this year just aren't at the level to earn top tier money, especially in a down cap year.

• Advertisement

Buyers market for receivers that is for sure, Golladay, Fuller, Smith Schuster, Hilton, Samuels are all guys that would have been snapped up any other year.

I think the draft is certainly a factor, teams betting on themselves to find impact players there rather than paying them in free agency. Every year seems to be a vintage year for receivers now.

Advertisement