Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model S Plaid +

• 29-01-2021 3:05pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know there's already a Tesla Model S thread but there are tons of us with S's of various vintage and models.
    The Plaid + is a different beast and really we don't know that much about it yet like battery size or real world lookie...

Best news I've seen today is Bjorn had ordered one:p
    Plenty of popcorn time ahead

Tesla_S_Plaid_1.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Matt from Carwow also ordered one.
    Ohh to be in such a position......

541358.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I wonder does Bjorn still have mega Tesla credit from the old days, his free supercharging was 1.5million kms last time he talked about it.
    Must check out his full vid on the order tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Bjorn raised an interesting point. Will the refreshes have a real CCS socket in them??

The pictures are obviously rendered for US site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bjørn Nyland has just ordered a refresh Model S plaid+

In red. It will kick ass for the Lord :p

Interesting is that his main motivation is that he wants to go back to the superior comfort / ride and the quietness of the S over the 3 - and the Model Y is not a contender as it's just a fat Model 3 :D

Also interesting to view his consideration of the colour to pick ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 54 ✭✭Itsaduck1

Gumbo wrote: »

541358.png

Was shocked when I saw Brooks from Dragtimes put up a vid few days ago that his Plaid would be here in a few weeks

If I was as rich as those guys I don't think I could wait for Plaid+, Plaid and its 0-250km/h in 9s would do me

Plaid+ is worth the extra €20,000 though, 25-30% larger battery and 0-250km/h in below 9s

• Advertisement

Itsaduck1 wrote: »
    Wonder where M power, RS, AMG etc go from here?

Don't think they expected this so soon

That Tesla Plaid for €120k hangs with Lewis Hamilton's F1 car up to 160km/h and its out in a few weeks

It'll make an RS5 feel like a Mazda 5 in comparison

I suppose it depends on if you are 15 or actual adult. 4 seconds of joy, meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It is an amazing car, but I wish they would make a M3 Plaid. 100kWh, 1000bhp, 500km of summer motorway range, 0-100 in 2.whatever, proper semi-aniline leather interior, decent paint, fancy headlights, proper quality checks for panel alignment and seals.

I reckon it would be worth a €100k sticker price.

Lumen wrote: »
    It is an amazing car, but I wish they would make a M3 Plaid. 100kWh, 1000bhp, 500km of summer motorway range, 0-100 in 2.whatever, proper semi-aniline leather interior, decent paint, fancy headlights, proper quality checks for panel alignment and seals.

I reckon it would be worth a €100k sticker price.

Think you're basically referring to the Roadster II

slave1 wrote: »

I'm not really convinced that the Roadster is going to make sense until there's a substantial improvement in battery tech. 200kWh is just too big and heavy to package in sports car form.

slave1 wrote: »

Roadster is 250k+?

I can see Tesla doing a 100kWh M3 plaid with 4680 cells next year for sure

Market is there for one

• Advertisement

4 seconds of joy, meh

4 3 2 1.5 seconds of joy. A smile on your face every time. Many times every day.

Meh yourself if that's not for you, go drive your Toyota Corolla diesel :p

What is that post?

It's a Tesla Plaid we are talking about, Plaid means Warp, as in warp speed.

Speed as in very very very very very fast

4 seconds of joy is what it's all about, nothing else.

We are talking about performance cars here, the pinnacle and why Elon called it a Plaid!, performance is kind of important for them

It's why you buy an AMG, RS, M Power, Tesla Plaid

I see you’ve crawled out from under your bridge.
    Must be that time of the month again where we get the monthly LorenzoB troll posts then you disappear for another 4 weeks.

Meh is right.

<< Mod Note: If you have a problem with a post, use the report button, do not accuse posters of trolling on thread >>

Itsaduck1 wrote: »
    What is that post?

It's a Tesla Plaid we are talking about, Plaid means Warp, as in warp speed.

Speed as in very very very very very fast

4 seconds of joy is what it's all about, nothing else.

We are talking about performance cars here, the pinnacle and why Elon called it a Plaid!, performance is kind of important for them

It's why you buy an AMG, RS, M Power, Tesla Plaid

Pedant. Plaid is wool worn by Scottish men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Gumbo wrote: »

I initially read this as "Matt from Carlow" :rolleyes:

Who the fuggis Matt from Caaarloww, laad? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Pedant. Plaid is wool worn by Scottish men

Plaid is from Spaceballs, just like Ludicrous before it, with Plaid being faster than Ludicrous Speed.

This seems to have gone completely under the radar but the renewed model S seems to have a coefficient of drag of just 0.208, which is astonishing :eek:

It is the best aerodynamics of any car sold world wide. And that for a car that is already about 10 years old. It's not clear to which model this applies, just the plaid+ or to all 3 of them

Linky

Even with the big batteries that Teslas have on board, the Achilles heel of EVs is that they simply carry only a fraction of the energy on board compared to ICE cars. EVs are extremely efficient, so at low speeds and in city traffic this is fine, but drive at speed on motorways and you will lose range very quickly. Unless your car is very aerodynamic. Tesla seems to be one of the few EV makers that fully realises this. Hyundai does too and so does Lucid with the 0.21 of the Lucid Air. One can only imagine the one reason for Tesla going just better than that figure :D

Low drag also makes a massive difference at (and on the way to) 200mph.

Indeed. Drag is proportional to the cube of speed, so the faster you go, the more important aerodynamics get (for range / fuel consumption)

And for the above reasons almost all EVs have a speed limiter. On my Ioniq it was 173km/h (faster than pretty much all other budget EVs) and on my current Model S it is 213km/h. That's fast enough for me most of the time, but a German buying an expensive executive saloon would laugh at that figure and quite possibly dismiss buying the car because of that speed limit :D

Well the + is now dead but the first European deliveries have commenced, rather nifty German review here, that acceleration looks nuts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭joe1303l

What one of these cost here ?

About €130-40k I’d say. No official price.

It will be a lot more than that. It's almost $130k in the USA plus our VRT and VAT, etc. probably not an awful lot of change from €200k

Damn. I’ll have to wait a lot longer for one then 🤣

Should have bet on Morocco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'd say this and the X plaid will be similarly priced to the taycan turbo s here. 180k

Advertisement