Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unanswered letters from BOI regarding mis sold PPI on mortgages

Options
  • 29-01-2021 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My 82 year old mother was missold PPI on mortgages between 1978 and 1980. Her attempts at redeeming the matter have gone unanswered or her mail mislaid. Is there someone she can communicate with regarding this matter? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 alig1234

Absolutely. She should write to the Financial Services and Pension ombudsman. Normally they wont take the complaint unless you have a final position from your bank but if the bank arent answering they will chase them for you. See FSPO.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 formoser

alig1234 wrote: »
    Absolutely. She should write to the Financial Services and Pension ombudsman. Normally they wont take the complaint unless you have a final position from your bank but if the bank aren't answering they will chase them for you. See FSPO.ie.
    I was just looking through my Mom's file. There is a letter from the Ombudsman apologizing for not responding to her letter after 2 years. She also sent two letters to a women in Bank of Ireland looking for this 'final position letter'. The woman claims she didn't receive the registered letters that were delivered. She was also left hanging on the phone for 71 minutes. I understand why she is frustrated. Shameful since she has been with BOI for at least 50 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi formoser,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Can I just check if your mother is a BOI UK customer?

Thanks, Aisling

Hi formoser,

Thanks, Aisling 
    Hi Aisling,
                Thanks for your reply. No, my mother is a BOI Ireland customer
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

formoser wrote: »
    Hi formoser,

Thanks, Aisling 
    Hi Aisling,
    Thanks
    Thanks for getting back to us Formoser,

In this case, your mother can certainly raise a complaint in relation to this on here.

One of our colleagues can certainly look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement

Hi Richard,
                     Thanks for your reply. As mentioned in the initial enquiry, I was hoping there was someone she could  communicate with about the issue. The raising a complaint route will just delay resolving anything. 
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Richard,
                     Thanks for your reply. As mentioned in the initial enquiry, I was hoping there was someone she could  communicate with about the issue. The raising a complaint route will just delay resolving anything. 
    Thanks

Hi there, thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie

Please be assured that this would be the best way to have this investigated further. 

If you click the link in our previous post and fill out our online complaints form and one of my colleagues would certainly be able to look into this further. 

Thanks, Eve 

Thanks

Hi formoser,

Thanks, Aisling 
    Hi Aisling,
    Thanks
    Thanks for getting back to us Formoser,

In this case, your mother can certainly raise a complaint in relation to this on here.

One of our colleagues can certainly look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Richard and Ashling,
                    My mother did as requested 3 weeks ago and still has not received a reply, not even a conformation that her complaint was received. What next?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi formoser

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Could you PM us your mothers name and contact number, we can check into it further. 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement

Hi formoser

Could you PM us your mothers name and contact number, we can check into it further. 

Many thanks
    Alison
    Done. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi formoser

Many thanks
    Alison
    Done. Thanks.
    Thanks so much for the information, we're following up on this for your mother with the Team. Alison 

Advertisement