Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emotional

Options
  • 29-01-2021 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi I looking for some advice or different prospects.
    I work in health care so long shifts.
    During the last 12 months we had a few changes in middle and upper management.
    So i have been told to be more confident in my ability i do not need to consult my direct manager before i do anything the following week the same person said i have to consult them before doing anything.

Currently feel upset, confused etc.
    Some of my colleagues are leaving or on the job hunt because of this situation happening to them.

I don't want to leave as for the most part i like my job.
    At the moment i feel that I should just go in do the job and show no initiative or incentive in finding ways to support the vulnerable people i work with. This would be difficult for me but it may be what management want.
    What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,471 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So they want you to show more initiative, ok, no problem. Good to do that.

On the other hand, if you feel like you want to consult your manager from time to time... that’s their job. To lead, mentor, communicate and advise...

If you are maybe looking for reassurance too regularly it’s good they encourage more initiative on your behalf...

If you make a mistake, mistakes are learning opportunities....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

It sounds like your company mightn't have the best management.
    Tbh just because they're in management doesn't mean they always know what they're doing. Somewhere along the line somebody keeps moving the goalposts.

If you like your job and feel you can continue with this maybe it'll settle in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Be right back

Would it be possible to transfer to another area in the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I think you should have a chat with your manager to seek clarification on this.

If I had to guess, your manager meant stop coming to me about little things, but come to me about big decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pmrc

Since i last posted here in jan there has been a 90% turn over in management.

I am still here as i have yet to find a job i like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement