Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scarlets v Leinster Sat 30th Jan 7.35pm

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Jack Dunne auditioning for a Superbowl appearance. Textbook blocking.

No posting about NFL please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    No posting about NFL please.

Sorry. I'll just post about Trump 1,000 times.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Baird just completely emptied two scarlets in a row there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

vienne86 wrote: »
    Harry Byrne having a good night with the boot,

I know it’s only Scarlets but it’s the best I have seen from him.
    Particularly bringing it to the line. Looks allot better than Ross in that regard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Osbourne accounting himself well, fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Nice step from O’Reilly

Is he generally thought of as a FB?

Pretty much exclusively a FB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ongarite

Great offload from Osbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Osborne looks like he has some potential. Been very good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭theVersatile

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Baird just completely emptied two scarlets in a row there

Bit of a cheap shot the second one IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Jesus Baird is still monstering 75 mins in :D

• Advertisement

Bit of a cheap shot the second one IMO.

Loiter on the wrong side with your back to the defence and that's what you get.

As a back row I'd love to see that picture offered to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

That's a ridiculous yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Our team have all played with excellent commitment and awareness tonight, as well as showing the level of skill you'd expect for anyone considered good enough to be handed a Leinster jersey. The coaches will be very satisfied with the performance of this young and relatively inexperienced group.

However, Scarlets have been really dreadful.

There's no gaelic in fardy anyway

Silly card all things considered, referee looking at the scoreboard.

Leinster far too physical for Scarlets, that alone would have made a difference but more organised in attack and showing far more intensity turned it into a rout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ah pheck....that's careless.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 catseye2

Fardy been watching too much gaelic football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Wasn't the worst big boot for a lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Good performance by the young lads. Byrne, Frawley, Baird and O'Reilly all went well, Osborne showed some promise when he came on, Clarkson too.

Scarlets were pretty poor overall. Couple of times they showed like they could threaten with ball in hand but defensively were just absolute dogshíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Pretty much exclusively a FB.

Looks decent. Maybe a little lacking in pace?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Another good 80 from Leavy. Always brings a hard edge to proceedings. Very impressive how he’s come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Was it me or was Adamson pity reffing Scarlets for the last 20?

Very good showing from Conan. He looked far more like his old self than he has done in his few appearances this season. Really barrelled into people and dictated contact.

I wouldn't rule out himself and Doris being accommodated at some point in a big game again as they were against Saracens. Conan is someone who is potentially just too good and dynamic to be out of the first choice 23 when fit and on form.

Hard to judge overall pecking order based on a match like tonight though. It was men and boys up front. With that said, 68m from 16 carries and taken off with 20 minutes to play says a lot.

Was it me or was Adamson pity reffing Scarlets for the last 20?

Happens in most one sides games, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Buer wrote: »
    Happens in most one sides games, in fairness.

I'm not too beat up about it.

But binning Dunne was a bit much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Very entertaining match. Great pace to it. Conan was superb. Really threw himself about. I thought Tracy was very good too. He really carries hard and seems to make ground. The back row was great. Really well balanced, imo.
    Luke was very good too. He's been playing some good rugby recently. Byrne was very good. Great watching young lads out there playing. O'Reilly and Osborne didn't look out of place. Pity about Turner, looked like a shoulder injury. He was going well. He's built like a sparkplug, very compact and powerful. He could possibly be a decent 12 also. I was delighted to see Hawkshaw. Really think he can push on and be a solid player. Sometimes I think that the squad lads are as good as the 1st team. Awful problem to have.

Dubinusa wrote: »
    He's built like a sparkplug

:pac:

Looking back on the tip tackle, that could very easily have been a red given the way Harry Byrne landed on his head.

Looking back on the tip tackle, that could very easily have been a red given the way Harry Byrne landed on his head.

It absolutely should have been checked at the time.

Surely a citing on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Pretty happy with that performance last night. Some impressive performances. I thought Tracy, in the first half in particular, was popping up everywhere. Conan starting to look more and more like his pre-injury self. Luke went well but Harry for me was the pick of the two. Luke is an experienced head but Harry showed the sort of composure we want to see from him. At times Scarlets did manage to get off the line quickly and cut off outside options, but Harry never panicked. His kicking was very good and his decision making overall was high quality. It was a very good performance from the young Byrne.

It was also good to see some of the other young lads do well. I thought O'Reilly was pretty decent and Osborne made a real impression off the bench.

Leinster should be in poll position to top the conference now. Both ourselves and Ulster have basically the same fixtures remaining. BPs will be key and we've consistently gotten BPs all season. Assuming we keep that up Ulster would need to match that and beat us 5-0 in Belfast.

• Advertisement

Cian Kelleher is a tidy player. I thought he had a good outing yesterday. He doesn't seem to have the same defensive weaknesses he had a couple of years ago. He's turned out to be a good signing.
    I think Dunne must be around 120 kilos. He's listed less on the Leinster website. He's a big lump of a lad. Very physical too. He looked extremely strong carrying and hitting rucks. Not the fasted 2nd row though. Ross Molony was again very good. I think he's our best lock after Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Dunne needs time, both game time and time to mature physically.

The game went as expected, just perhaps not to the same degree. The starting packs were a complete mismatch. The maul was an emotional dismantlement to the Scarlets. It was brutal viewing.

This was a good example of why less games the Pro16/Pro whatever has during international periods the better. The teams with depth just hoover up points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Just watching the match now. The ref did penalise the tip tackle on Byrne. I would assume the TMO had a look at it as there was a break in play for an injury and the TMO probably agreed it was just a penalty.

I'd be interested to know what Scarlets meters lost in contact was. The amount of territory they lost without losing possession was really something.

But then how do young lads improve? It's during these windows that we get to watch upcoming players.

Oops I was responding to a previous post. I'm a I.T moron, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

There's also a delete button.

Advertisement