Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Well, maybe post the real social media guidelines instead.

:):)

SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES 2018

*Use smiley face emojis every time another ruse fails on them.
    By Order:
    The Beardy One,
    Antrim Hills,
    northern Ireland somewhere.
    July 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmmm........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

https://mobile.twitter.com/GerryAdamsSF/status/1358109107237044236

At least someone speaking out,unlike the media here covering it up

A few dry replies there, funny some of them, but not all complimentary.
    Covid lads, stay at home and no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ah yeah coverup the psni wrongdoings and hide behind covid as an excuse for political inaction.....time for shinners to pull the plug on supporting em imho

Good call..... sure what could go wrong:D

Ah yeah coverup the psni wrongdoings and hide behind covid as an excuse for political inaction.....time for shinners to pull the plug on supporting em imho

PSNI have apologised and suspended an officer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Maybe let's wait for a conclusion before w*nking ourselves into a coma?

I'd be surprised if a few questionable things don't turn up on the Shinner books, but Christ Blanch, you really are tied to the, 'throw it at the wall and see if it sticks' level of scrutiny with them, despite asking for sources and proof when it comes to FG, despite your insistence you don't vote that way...

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Maybe let's wait for a conclusion before w*nking ourselves into a coma?

I'd be surprised if a few questionable things don't turn up on the Shinner books, but Christ Blanch, you really are tied to the, 'throw it at the wall and see if it sticks' level of scrutiny with them, despite asking for sources and proof when it comes to FG, despite your insistence you don't vote that way...

I produced a link to a newspaper report, which is a lot more than the random Twitter links produced by your comrades.

The Sinn Fein finances have been under discussion for quite a while with an awful lot of funny business going on. Definitely needs an investigation.

Time to pull plug on support for the psni.....things will never change,if they assured of blind political support

https://mobile.twitter.com/GT1888/status/1358365103180173312

I produced a link to a newspaper report, which is a lot more than the random Twitter links produced by your comrades.

The Sinn Fein finances have been under discussion for quite a while with an awful lot of funny business going on. Definitely needs an investigation.

A newspaper report stating they are going to investigate them, Blanch. Like I said, you're off in a flurry to condemn at the investigation stage, yet when FG are under any sort of pressure, you ask for outcomes not investigations.

I'll also ask you to drop the pathetic, 'comrades' sh*te....if you weren't so blinded by your need to lash out at SF, you would've noted that my post was actually critical of them.

Yes, their finances need to be investigated, 100% agree....they are being investigated, great! That isn't the same thing as being found guilty, but you have absolutely zero non partisanship whatsoever, so you're jumping in with two feet as if they've already been found guilty of wrongdoing. Maybe they will....as I suggested, maybe we wait for an outcome before tearing the sweets off ourselves?

• Advertisement

A newspaper report stating they are going to investigate them, Blanch. Like I said, you're off in a flurry to condemn at the investigation stage, yet when FG are under any sort of pressure, you ask for outcomes not investigations.

I'll also ask you to drop the pathetic, 'comrades' sh*te....if you weren't so blinded by your need to lash out at SF, you would've noted that my post was actually critical of them.

Yes, their finances need to be investigated, 100% agree....they are being investigated, great! That isn't the same thing as being found guilty, but you have absolutely zero non partisanship whatsoever, so you're jumping in with two feet as if they've already been found guilty of wrongdoing. Maybe they will....as I suggested, maybe we wait for an outcome before tearing the sweets off ourselves?

Where is the flurry to condemn at the investigation stage?

You need to put aside your confirmation bias and look at what I wrote.

Too easy really

Too easy really

Calling for an investigation is now deemed condemnation?

You guys need to get some perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Re: the finances all parties have to submit their financials now where organised both sides of the border. If there is no issue it's just good practice - Greens, PBP on both sides too.

Who said anything about ****?

Almost as if you have yourself convinced yous didnt say "an awlful lot of funny business going on"

Like,i dunno,who yous are trying to fool here....but logicaĺly your not making sense

From the outside a lot of funny business is going on, whether or not that is illegal is what needs to be investigated.

As always, whenever the hint of a question is raised about Sinn Fein, the deflector and defence arrays go into overdrive.

Re: the finances all parties have to submit their financials now where organised both sides of the border. If there is no issue it's just good practice - Greens, PBP on both sides too.

Who said anything about ****?

I think what SIPO are saying is that they have no problem with what PBP and the Greens are doing, they have questions over Sinn Fein.

My confirmation bias Blanch?
    I'd be surprised if a few questionable things don't turn up on the Shinner books

Did you miss that in your haste to refer to me and my, 'comrades' to lump me in as one of your so called Shinnerbots? I've regularly been critical of SF for the record (and been very open about my voting history with them, which I'm happy to repeat; they got my vote for tactical reasons when living in Fermanagh. Living in your own constituency for the last election, SF were 6th on my transfer preference if I recall correctly, with Aengus Ó Maoláin followed by Roderic O'Gorman being my first and second preference).

Like I said, you're gleefully off on one before the verdict, but that's par for the course really. Innocent until proven guilty (unless you can use it to smear the Shinners).

My confirmation bias Blanch?

Did you miss that in your haste to refer to me and my, 'comrades' to lump me in as one of your so called Shinnerbots? I've regularly been critical of SF for the record (and been very open about my voting history with them, which I'm happy to repeat; they got my vote for tactical reasons when living in Fermanagh. Living in your own constituency for the last election, SF were 6th on my transfer preference if I recall correctly, with Aengus Ó Maoláin followed by Roderic O'Gorman being my first and second preference).

Like I said, you're gleefully off on one before the verdict, but that's par for the course really. Innocent until proven guilty (unless you can use it to smear the Shinners).

Drawing attention to a well-deserved investigation is not gleefully off on one before the verdict, despite your protestations.

Drawing attention to a well-deserved investigation is not gleefully off on one before the verdict, despite your protestations.

Going off about, 'an awful lot of funny business' and accusing posters of deflecting and defending for suggesting that maybe we should wait for a verdict before making up our minds certainly strikes me as gleefully going off on one, despite your protestations.

Any chance you could acknowledge and withdraw your, 'comrades' jibe while you're at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

SF ROI and SF NI will need to need to hire a chef to cook the books.
    They are after all the richest party in the state by far.
    I wonder how much money they have is dirty money, fuelled by the proceeds of crime and illegal activity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    SF ROI and SF NI will need to need to hire a chef to cook the books.
    They are after all the richest party in the state by far.
    I wonder how much money they have is dirty money, fuelled by the proceeds of crime and illegal activity?

Zzzzzzzzz sorry zoned out there for awhile. Thought I was in the conspiracy theory forum.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-is-the-richest-political-party-in-ireland-1.4193124
    Sinn Féin is the richest political party on the island of Ireland, with about 200 staff and, according to its director of finance, Des Mackin, an extensive network of more than 50 properties.

There should be an audit to see how all these properties were paid for. Perhaps the Irish people are owed back taxes as well for undeclared income.

I wonder that about all political parties.

I wonder that about all political parties.

Start with the richest first, SF NI and then go onto SF ROI... :p

Start with the richest first, SF NI and then go onto SF ROI... :p

Well go on...tell us what you know about their finances. How much came from crime?...back up what ever you say, like this:
    I know FG financed themselves on the basis of long running tax evasion.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fine-gael-admits-tax-evasion-over-period-of-9-years-1.307406?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Ffine-gael-admits-tax-evasion-over-period-of-9-years-1.307406

That's how this works.

That's how this works.

A 20-year-old article? That the best you can do?

Its clear that there are lots of questions about SF finances, hence SIPO asking them.
    It has been long established that SF has links with organised crime, sure the best republican of them all, Slab Murphy is in Jail because of it.
    Lots of dirty money floating around SF, every dog in the street knows it. How else can they become the richest party in the state by far?

A 20-year-old article? That the best you can do?

Its clear that there are lots of questions about SF finances, hence SIPO asking them.
    It has been long established that SF has links with organised crime, sure the best republican of them all, Slab Murphy is in Jail because of it.
    Lots of dirty money floating around SF, every dog in the street knows it. How else can they become the richest party in the state by far?

Ah, the 20 year cut off again. Good to know.

Anytime you have some facts to post, do so. Thanks.

Because each TD gets paid the average wage,while the government pays them just shy of 100K

They definitely haven't done this in a long time, you're only allowed give a pretty low maximum per individual to the party too. So if they are doing this it's illegal.

Ah, the 20 year cut off again. Good to know.

Anytime you have some facts to post, do so. Thanks.

What is good for the goose.....

Its an opinion Francie, one shared by many, including many in the Gardai. Republicans and SF insiders are experts at money laundering, it is very conceivable how these talents are used or were used for the behest of SF the organisation.

• Advertisement

Was under impression,yous could pay it straight into a central fund anď it be paid out as allowence?

Actually yous are correct....geos along way to explaining things.....IMO we should reduce the TD and ministers and presifent salerys to the AIW (or down to zero until covid crisis is sorted,mighy focus a few minds)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-tds-donate-2-500-to-party-out-of-96-000-salary-1.4173101%3fmode=amp

Nah, you need good talented people to be TDs and Ministers. It's an awful job (particularly if you are aligned with the government) and should be rewarded fairly.

Advertisement