Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,876 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobotty wrote: »
    We're gone way past funerals at this stage
    If both men were still alive,we'd still have the level of tiredness with lockdowns as we have
    Why cant we all be positive for once and look forward to the 80% vaccinated figure by july actually happening
    Thats herd immunity

The penalty for an offence like this was at most a fine, but because they didn't get the result they want, the anti SF alliance want to bring the whole show down, including the PPS, the DPP and the PSNI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Not very pragmatic is it? Especially of the sdlp or alliance
    I can somehow understand the DuP having to sing in their choir of voters

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

blanch152 wrote: »
    Let's be clear, the prior engagement between the police and the SF organisers prevented prosecution and effectively ensured that law-breakers could avoid prosecution. If you think that isn't corrupt, how do you defend it?

The funeral in Mayo was an legally authorised State funeral, and that distinction has been made clear many times already.

Are you suggesting the police and sinn fein are in cahoots?

Not remotely plausible, in fact it's a god dam ridiculous notion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

CDarby wrote: »
    Are you suggesting the police and sinn fein are in cahoots?

Not remotely plausible, in fact it's a god dam ridiculous notion.

Plausible that the PSNI don't want to antagonise SF in fear of retaliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

People are breaking regs all over the country and these islands from the get go. Everybody from our government to the ordinary person...but Michelle O'Neill something something.

Hideous and transparent agenda really.

Here's the something something

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/07/02/news/michelle-o-neill-says-funeral-selfie-should-not-have-happened--1992518/

• Advertisement

CDarby wrote: »
    sorry, pardon my ignorance, but has one not just been concluded?

That inquiry found that it couldn't be proven their was any breach of the restrictions.

An inquiry into the inquiry is ludicrous, as a democrat you would probably be as best to accept things didn't go the way you wanted them to go, suck it up and move on.
    Another inquiry?

Didn't get the result we banked on...can we have another inquiry into offences that cannot be proved in the PPS opinion.
    Offences that if proven would probably result in fines at a maximum.

:rolleyes:

Let me see now, less of the rolleyes, more of the actually thinking about the issue.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bobby-storey-funeral-pps-confirms-review-into-decision-40261588.html

Looks like the second inquiry is happening. I wasn't so wrong after all.

Let me see now, less of the rolleyes, more of the actually thinking about the issue.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bobby-storey-funeral-pps-confirms-review-into-decision-40261588.html

Looks like the second inquiry is happening. I wasn't so wrong after all.

That's a review of the decision blanch. I.E. it will look at the decision and how it was made.

Do you know the difference?

That's a review of the decision blanch. I.E. it will look at the decision and how it was made.

Do you know the difference?

You can spin it anyway you want, but this hasn't gone away yet.

A review, an inquiry, call it what you want, but there is huge unease at this decision, and a second look (as I called for) is warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Let's be clear, the prior engagement between the police and the SF organisers prevented prosecution and effectively ensured that law-breakers could avoid prosecution. If you think that isn't corrupt, how do you defend it?

The funeral in Mayo was an legally authorised State funeral, and that distinction has been made clear many times already.
    Does Covid know the difference between a state funeral and a normal one, thought not, political point scoring at best

A review, an inquiry, call it what you want, but there is huge unease at this decision, and a second look (as I called for) is warranted.

I expect not getting the result you invested so much in, will be a sore for years blanch, in fairness, but to want to bring everything down in cahoots with the DUP agenda?

Yikes.

• Advertisement

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Does Covid know the difference between a state funeral and a normal one, thought not, political point scoring at best

People know the difference, that is enough.

I expect not getting the result you invested so much in, will be a sore for years blanch, in fairness, but to want to bring everything down in cahoots with the DUP agenda?

Yikes.

You mean the Green/SDLP/Alliance/UUP/DUP agenda?

If Eamon Ryan or Varadkar or Martin lost a vote of confidence, I would expect, even demand they step down. However, we know that when the Assembly censures Michelle O'Neill tomorrow, you will not demand the equivalent.

Looking forward to the Stormont entertainment tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Playing pretty fast and loose with the terminology when it's a shinner ;)

UDAWINNER wrote: »

You're missing the difference...

The shinners got permission off the cops, so they could break the law unhindered.

Flanagan and the Garda didn't break the law because they got permission off the cops.. ...wait, :confused:

Yes health concerns and covid won't go away because the authorities gave permission. I think there's more scandal in allowing a meat plant with a covid cluster continue business as usual, but hey, it's not owned by shinners.

You mean the Green/SDLP/Alliance/UUP/DUP agenda?

If Eamon Ryan or Varadkar or Martin lost a vote of confidence, I would expect, even demand they step down. However, we know that when the Assembly censures Michelle O'Neill tomorrow, you will not demand the equivalent.

Looking forward to the Stormont entertainment tomorrow.

This is what the motion calls for and I would agree with it. From the very start I have been consistent, SF made a mistake.
    The motion calls for the assembly to place on record its regret that the Sinn Féin representatives, who attended the funeral last June, breached political messaging and undermined efforts to prevent transmission of the virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

This is what the motion calls for and I would agree with it. From the very start I have been consistent, SF made a mistake.

Dara Calleary and Brian Cowen made mistakes toobut rightfully walked/got sacked - SF cheering them out the door too. What's different here?

Dara Calleary and Brian Cowen made mistakes toobut rightfully walked/got sacked - SF cheering them out the door too. What's different here?

It's Sinn Fein politicians with their necks at stake, that's what's different.

Not I. The only person who's resignation I called for was the FG guy that lied - several times.

Not I. The only person who's resignation I called for was the FG guy that lied - several times.

Mary Lou wanted them gone - then the party she leads organised a mass movement of thousands of people across the country in a pandemic, stopping other families having the send off that the rules allowed. Where does the buck stop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

People know the difference, that is enough.

So you agree with breaking guidelines for one, thought as much.
    Have a day off will you

I was paraphrasing another person's post.
    Let's be clear, the prior engagement between the police and the SF organisers prevented prosecution and effectively ensured that law-breakers could avoid prosecution...

I hope SF scold the PSNI what with them owning them ;)

Who resigned after attending a funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I wonder are sinn fein supporters capable of talking about the shenanigans at Bobby storeys funeral as a standalone issue without bringing up the garda funeral, golfgate or some other unrelated event?

I wonder are sinn fein supporters capable of talking about the shenanigans at Bobby storeys funeral as a standalone issue without bringing up the garda funeral, golfgate or some other unrelated event?

Speaking for myself (I've seen others state similar), the Storey funeral was badly organised and should not have been such a large event.
    I'm over it at this stage even though I had to watch an online streaming funeral for my Aunt during the summer.
    Thats it.

The issue is people come on here pretending to be outraged based on health and safety. Then they moved on to pretending to be concerned for the feelings of other families. Currently it seems to be a conspiracy theory that the PSNI are beholden to SF. These people are the very same hypocritical folk who excuse the Horkan funeral which was an equally bad idea for the exact same reasons.That is rightly pointed out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Speaking for myself (I've seen others state similar), the Storey funeral was badly organised and should not have been such a large event.
    I'm over it at this stage even though I had to watch an online streaming funeral for my Aunt during the summer.
    Thats it.

The issue is people come on here pretending to be outraged based on health and safety. Then they moved on to pretending to be concerned for the feelings of other families. Currently it seems to be a conspiracy theory that the PSNI are beholden to SF. These people are the very same hypocritical folk who excuse the Horkan funeral which was an equally bad idea for the exact same reasons.That is rightly pointed out to them.

Rubbish... no comparison.

Thats it.

You think the deliberate organisation of a mass movement of people in a contagious pandemic is fine? There should be no reproach? Do you think it's acceptable behaviour from a future government and a pile of elected representatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Serious disruption in NI politics today over the Storey ‘funeral’.

Shows the kind of leadership we might expect if these dillards by some chance get into power.

Chief Constable under pressure and instead of working flat out to contain a pandemic ,the legislation will in the time honored modus operandi of SF , argue every vowel and consonant ‘for as long as it takes’

Despicable carry on, but do they care............do they ****.

Rubbish... no comparison.

It is actually disgusting to see people equate the funeral of a common thug like Storey with the State funeral awarded to a Garda who died in the line of duty. I fail to understand how they can do that.

• Advertisement

It is actually disgusting to see people equate the funeral of a common thug like Storey with the State funeral awarded to a Garda who died in the line of duty. I fail to understand how they can do that.

Still waiting for someone to explain how a virus knows the difference.

Advertisement