Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Serious disruption in NI politics today over the Storey ‘funeral’.

Shows the kind of leadership we might expect if these dillards by some chance get into power.

Chief Constable under pressure and instead of working flat out to contain a pandemic ,the legislation will in the time honored modus operandi of SF , argue every vowel and consonant ‘for as long as it takes’

Despicable carry on, but do they care............do they ****.

And unfortunately it won’t be limited to politics. SF have lit a fuse for a very hot summer. Let’s hope level heads can dampen it down
    https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast/bonfire-builders-to-go-ahead-with-eleventh-night-celebrations-after-pps-storey-funeral-decision-outrage-40264017.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Still waiting for someone to explain how a virus knows the difference.

The virus doesn't know the difference between a hospital and a pub, yet one is open, the other is shut, because people know the difference.

Same with the two funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

blanch152 wrote: »
    The virus doesn't know the difference between a hospital and a pub, yet one is open, the other is shut, because people know the difference.

Middle stump B..... middle stump.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,876 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Serious disruption in NI politics today over the Storey ‘funeral’.

Shows the kind of leadership we might expect if these dillards by some chance get into power.

Chief Constable under pressure and instead of working flat out to contain a pandemic ,the legislation will in the time honored modus operandi of SF , argue every vowel and consonant ‘for as long as it takes’

Despicable carry on, but do they care............do they ****.

A couple of weeks ago Brendan a senior executive member was inventing terrorist threats in order to get his way.

Perspective required.

Unionism will bring the place to crisis one way or another. The SDLP and Alliance are just willing fools in that.

Ask yourself, who benefits if chaos ensues, and you'll be on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

It is actually disgusting to see people equate the funeral of a common thug like Storey with the State funeral awarded to a Garda who died in the line of duty. I fail to understand how they can do that.

I'd imagine because people are focusing on the mass gathering of people during a pandemic when we've all been told not to rather than discussing the relative morality of the two deceased.

Perhaps during a pandemic, as a state we could've found a more appropriate way to mark our respect for Garda Horkan without disregarding the government instructions which prevented me from attending the funeral of a close family member.

I don't believe there was anything in the government guidelines for public gathering during lockdown which suggested the virus was less likely to impact gatherings of greater moral character.

• Advertisement

So the virus would know the difference...hmmm.

The victimhood is strong in this. This is what the SDLP, Alliance and sadly the UUP are allying with.

Seems to be a few here who agree too. Strange bedfellows.
    The PSNI were conceived for the very purpose of ‘greening’ policing. It should be no surprise that we then get a police force which is structurally biased in favour of nationalism. Whilst the PSNI fall over themselves to promote the GAA

https://unionistvoice.com/news/editorial-why-unionism-and-loyalism-must-withdraw-all-support-for-the-psni-in-defence-of-the-rule-of-law/

So the virus would know the difference...hmmm.

That isn't what I said. You are seeking a provocative response.

Clearly, people know the difference between a hospital and a pub, and they also know the difference between a State funeral and the funeral of a common thug.

No matter what the virus knows or does, we can discern the difference and treat the two situations differently.

That isn't what I said. You are seeking a provocative response.

Clearly, people know the difference between a hospital and a pub, and they also know the difference between a State funeral and the funeral of a common thug.

No matter what the virus knows or does, we can discern the difference and treat the two situations differently.

So all those members of the public who attended Storey's funeral had YOUR opinion of the man....again, hmmm.

Blanch, the virus doesn't consult you or anyone else for an opinion on the deceased, same as it doesn't ask if it's a Monaghan GAA footballer or a Dublin footballer breaking the lockdown rules.

It is you being provocative with the 'common thug' remarks. You might get plenty of 'thanks' but it's irrelevant.

He was a thug though. Main enforcer in the nutting squad. Torture, mutilation, and disappearing people were par for the course with those lads.

Not a man to be admired. He caused so much pain and suffering to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

He was a thug though. Main enforcer in the nutting squad. Torture, mutilation, and disappearing people were par for the course with those lads.

Michelle O Neill said nothing would stop her going to his funeral.

Nice ay.

The victimhood is strong in this. This is what the SDLP, Alliance and sadly the UUP are allying with.

Seems to be a few here who agree too. Strange bedfellows.

https://unionistvoice.com/news/editorial-why-unionism-and-loyalism-must-withdraw-all-support-for-the-psni-in-defence-of-the-rule-of-law/

Yeah, the SF victim culture rears its head again. Everyone is always out to get Sinn Fein, the Greens, the SDLP, UUP, DUP, everyone.

Would it ever cross your mind that when everyone else thinks SF did wrong, that there is huge merit in it?

Yeah, the SF victim culture rears its head again. Everyone is always out to get Sinn Fein, the Greens, the SDLP, UUP, DUP, everyone.

Would it ever cross your mind that when everyone else thinks SF did wrong, that there is huge merit in it?

You still keen to ally with these people blanch?

At this time, i think it is vitally important that you see the hidden agenda you and the SDLP and Alliance are signing up to.

Island over petty political points. The DUP and belligerent Unionism require chaos.

Absolutely true. Anybody who attended his funeral would be aware of this background.

You cannot condemn a man's family from attending his funeral, but the vast majority of attendees attended based on his reputation, and that says a lot about them.

You still keen to ally with these people blanch?

At this time, i think it is vitally important that you see the hidden agenda you and the SDLP and Alliance are signing up to.

Island over petty political points. The DUP and belligerent Unionism require chaos.

Yes, pretty happy to be aligned with the SDLP, Alliance and the Greens.

Yes, pretty happy to be aligned with the SDLP, Alliance and the Greens.

You have gone further, you are calling the PSNI, PPS and DPP corrupt...that's allying with the Jamie Bryson's.

You have gone further, you are calling the PSNI, PPS and DPP corrupt...that's allying with the Jamie Bryson's.

That is just silly. To agree with someone on isolated points, does not mean you are allying.

Absolutely true. Anybody who attended his funeral would be aware of this background.

You cannot condemn a man's family from attending his funeral, but the vast majority of attendees attended based on his reputation, and that says a lot about them.

Thankfully, dancing on the graves of the dead is not something that is common n this country.

Many from both sides of the conflict have died, many who once seemed irredeemable and incapable of moving away from war/conflict and working for peace.

Hate and spite when speaking of the dead is rare thankfully.

downcow wrote: »
    That is just silly. To agree with someone on isolated points, does not mean you are allying.

The Sinn Fein view of the world is that unless you are fully with us, then you are fully against us.

That is why they have struggled to make the Stormont Assembly work for them, and why they failed abysmally to get any party to seriously discuss coalition with them in the South.

Until that changes, SF will always be isolated.

Thankfully, dancing on the graves of the dead is not something that is common n this country.

Many from both sides of the conflict have died, many who once seemed irredeemable and incapable of moving away from war/conflict and working for peace.

Hate and spite when speaking of the dead is rare thankfully.

Why do you constantly accuse other posters of doing something they are not.

Nobody is dancing on his grave, however I am questioning the motives of those who attended his funeral who are not immediate family and personal friends. They could rightfully be accused of celebrating violence and glorifying terrorism.

• Advertisement

Why do you constantly accuse other posters of doing something they are not.

Nobody is dancing on his grave, however I am questioning the motives of those who attended his funeral who are not immediate family and personal friends. They could rightfully be accused of celebrating violence and glorifying terrorism.

Storey had 25 approx years after the conflict/war to work in the community. He SIGNED up to the GFA.

Here you are talking the same stuff as those who tried to bring it down, and who are still trying.

Own what you say and who you ally with.

The SDLP are not calling the PSNI and PPS corrupt, you are and have repeated the insinuations under questioning here.

That puts you in Jamie Bryson's camp, like it or not.
    blanch152 wrote:
    It was completely corrupt that the PSNI allowed a political party to break Covid regulations at a political rally/funeral and that this prior corrupt intervention prevented a prosecution.

Incredible that a police force in a democracy should be so deferential to a political party and politicians that their actions prevent a prosecution.

Storey had 25 approx years after the conflict/war to work in the community. He SIGNED up to the GFA.

Here you are talking the same stuff as those who tried to bring it down, and who are still trying.

The SDLP are not calling the PSNI and PPS corrupt, you are and have repeated the insinuations under questioning here.

What am I now? A suspect in a crime?

Your type of leading questions designed to get a predetermined response are no basis for a discussion.

What am I now? A suspect in a crime?

Your type of leading questions designed to get a predetermined response are no basis for a discussion.

I quoted your answer in my post.

I questioned you on it, because I couldn't believe you were allying with the likes of Bryson.

It is what it is.

Working for the community, you call it.

It’s not very long since he was aggressively shouting from a platform, how dare the psni arrest Gerry Adams “how dare they”.
    And previously he has reminded us from a platform “they haven’t gone away”. He could have more accurately said ‘we haven’t stopped leaning on you’

I quoted your answer in my post.

I questioned you on it, because I couldn't believe you were allying with the likes of Bryson.

It is what it is.

I am allied with nobody. I make my own mind up on every issue.

downcow wrote: »
    Working for the community, you call it.

It’s not very long since he was aggressively shouting from a platform, how dare the psni arrest Gerry Adams “how dare they”.
    And previously he has reminded us from a platform “they haven’t gone away”. He could have more accurately said ‘we haven’t stopped leaning on you’

We know the standard of community worker that SF employ, Liam Adams was the gold standard.

We know the standard of community worker that SF employ, Liam Adams was the gold standard.

Here we go.

Despite the clear cold tragic facts that abusers worked 'in the community' right across this island and for decades and in almost every organisation in the state with the benefit of systemic official blindness...it's only the Shinners...again. :):)

I am allied with nobody. I make my own mind up on every issue.

On this issue, 'the corruptness of the PPS and the PSNI you are allied with the DUP and Jamie Bryson. You surely cannot deny that?

Will you accept the outcome of the 'review' of this decision? Yea or nay?

On this issue, 'the corruptness of the PPS and the PSNI you are allied with the DUP and Jamie Bryson. You surely cannot deny that?

Will you accept the outcome of the 'review' of this decision? Yea or nay?

Using that logic SF allied with the DUP on removing reproduction health choices from women, allied with them on increasing the pension age, and allied with them on increasing rates.

• Advertisement

Using that logic SF allied with the DUP on removing reproduction health choices from women, allied with them on increasing the pension age, and allied with them on increasing rates.

Using your vote and undermining the state for political gain, would be two different things imo.

The DUP and blanch are perfectly entitled to call the PPS and PSNI corrupt and ask for resignations.
    They do have to allow scrutiny of that position though and own it. It is a pretty enormous accusation to make.

Advertisement