Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Hate and spite when speaking of the dead is rare thankfully.

brought to you by the party that slandered jean McConville as a informer

Paul Quinn as a criminal

Robert McCarthy as a abuser ironically

I know its April first reality isn't that elastic francie

• Registered Users Posts: 68,867 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The people who said McConville was an informer are also the suppliers of the claims that Adams was in the IRA depended on by many here.

What they say about Adams, is the 'truth' but what they say about McConville is 'slander'

Exceptionalism at it's finest.

Paul Quinn as a criminal

The PSNI and IMC say this, They have not stepped back from that claim as far as I am aware.

Who?

Paul Quinn as a criminal

I know its April first reality isn't that elastic francie

SF logic is that Paul Quinn was a criminal who crossed their criminal buddies, and so a senior member of SF doesn’t have to go to the police with information about who tortured and murdered him.

Imagine having senior members of a political party knowing who murdered a citizen of this state? It’s really dark stuff when you think about it.

Who?

I presume he meant Robert McCartney. The lad who had his eyes removed, was slit from his neck down to his groin, and left to die in alley beside a pub where a senior member of SF was present at the time. Think Big Bobby was called in to organise the clean up and to do the threatening.

SF logic is that Paul Quinn was a criminal who crossed their criminal buddies, and so a senior member of SF doesn’t have to go to the police with information about who tortured and murdered him.

Imagine having senior members of a political party knowing who murdered a citizen of this state? It’s really dark stuff when you think about it.

Imagine that the PSNI, the IMC and the Gardai also know who killed him and who say that it had nothing to do with the IRA and had 'not a little to do with local criminality'.

The border has criminal elements like any other area.

• Advertisement

Imagine that the PSNI, the IMC and the Gardai also know who killed him and who say that it had nothing to do with the IRA and had 'not a little to do with local criminality'.

The border has criminal elements like any other area.

Is Breege Quinn lying then when she states it was local members of the IRA who were responsible?

Is Breege Quinn lying then when she states it was local members of the IRA who were responsible?

I wouldn't depend on a victim for a view on who was responsible to be perfectly honest.
    There is an adamant view that the British colluded in Dublin/Monaghan/Belturbet bombings, I refer to them as 'alleged collusion'.

We, (The Irish and British governments) tasked monitoring bodies to review this stuff.

I depend on them, NOT rumour, not allegations and not people with agenda's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭jh79

https://sluggerotoole.com/2007/11/12/we-cannot-allow-this-to-be-brushed-under-the-carpet/

All named in here.

I wouldn't depend on a victim for a view on who was responsible to be perfectly honest.
    There is an adamant view that the British colluded in Dublin/Monaghan/Belturbet bombings, I refer to them as 'alleged collusion'.

We, (The Irish and British governments) tasked monitoring bodies to review this stuff.

What’s her agenda?

What’s her agenda?

I don't know if she has one, she is one of those 'making allegations'.

I don't subscribe to 'guilt, just because an allegation has been made', like some selectively do around here.

• Advertisement

jh79 wrote: »

A number of young men who witnessed the tortured and murder of Quinn have subsequently committed suicide. A ‘Good Republican’ who has farms on both sides of the border gave the nod for it to go ahead. Seems he didn’t go to his colleagues on the army council as this was deemed a local issue.

I don't know if she has one, she is one of those 'making allegations'.

I don't subscribe to 'guilt, just because an allegation has been made', like some selectively do around here.

Getting justice is hardly an agenda. Jesus Francie, it's not her fault these lads all have links to Conor Murphy and SF in general.

A number of young men who witnessed the tortured and murder of Quinn have subsequently committed suicide. A ‘Good Republican’ who has farms on both sides of the border gave the nod for it to go ahead. Seems he didn’t go to his colleagues on the army council as this was deemed a local issue.

Imagine the damage these so called "Good Republicans" will do once MLD gets into power.

I wonder who did replace Storey on the AC? Do SF still get a seat automatically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You think the deliberate organisation of a mass movement of people in a contagious pandemic is fine? There should be no reproach? Do you think it's acceptable behaviour from a future government and a pile of elected representatives?

Did you bother reading my comment or is it suiting you to write your own and assign it to me?
    the Storey funeral was badly organised and should not have been such a large event.

I feel the same about the Horkan one which was attended by current government ministers and a Shinner councilor.

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is actually disgusting to see people equate the funeral of a common thug like Storey with the State funeral awarded to a Garda who died in the line of duty. I fail to understand how they can do that.

I don't believe one ounce of your alleged outrage.
    I base that on your support of and dismissing of the Horkan funeral.
    The issue is, you don't like shinners. That's the only honest thing in all your comments on this.
    Covid doesn't do politics.
    Both funerals were equally as bad an idea. The events were completely identical.

The virus doesn't know the difference between a hospital and a pub, yet one is open, the other is shut, because people know the difference.

Same with the two funerals.

What about a pub were you don't like the landlord and a pub were FG drink?

jh79 wrote: »
    Getting justice is hardly an agenda. Jesus Francie, it's not her fault these lads all have links to Conor Murphy and SF in general.

I didn't say she 'had an agenda'. I reserve that for a few others desperate to do political damage with her. and refusing to listen to what the agencies we tasked with monitoring these things are saying.

I'm fully aware and accepting of the fact that criminal elements attached themselves to groups on all sides of the conflict/war.

He was a thug though. Main enforcer in the nutting squad. Torture, mutilation, and disappearing people were par for the course with those lads.

Not a man to be admired. He caused so much pain and suffering to others.

How does this change droves of people at his funeral and droves of people at Horkan's?

I'll admit I'm uncomfortable using the families of the dead to make a point. It's disrespectful to the families IMO. The point is made. The character of the men is completely irrelevant and we all know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,913 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This is just sickening.

The denials, the side-steps, the victim-blaming, the not listening to victims. We see it displayed on here time and again and it is a reflection of the public face of Sinn Fein. Calling it morally depraved is an insult to the morally depraved.

The killing of Paul Quinn by the IRA in South Armagh was beyond disgust, beyond depraved, yet it wouldn't even rank in the worst of the long list of atrocities committed by the PIRA with the support of Sinn Fein.

There are no words to describe those who defend, excuse, explain or commend these acts.

• Advertisement

I didn't say she 'had an agenda'. I reserve that for a few others desperate to do political damage with her. and refusing to listen to what the agencies we tasked with monitoring these things are saying.

I'm fully aware and accepting of the fact that criminal elements attached themselves to groups on all sides of the conflict/war.

Once again, you said you wouldn't believe a victim.

That poor woman's son was cold-bloodedly murdered by the PIRA in South Armagh. Nobody should be denying that.

This is just sickening.

The denials, the side-steps, the victim-blaming, the not listening to victims. We see it displayed on here time and again and it is a reflection of the public face of Sinn Fein. Calling it morally depraved is an insult to the morally depraved.

The killing of Paul Quinn by the IRA in South Armagh was beyond disgust, beyond depraved, yet it wouldn't even rank in the worst of the long list of atrocities committed by the PIRA with the support of Sinn Fein.

There are no words to describe those who defend, excuse, explain or commend these acts.

The killing of Paul Quinn, allegedly by former members of the IRA, was beyond disgust and beyond depraved.

I have always been of this opinion.

The killing of Paul Quinn, allegedly by former members of the IRA, was beyond disgust and beyond depraved.

I have always been of this opinion.

The allegation is that it was committed by then current PIRA members under the direction of the local commander Slab Murphy. If you are going to reduce it to just allegations, at least get it right, rather than trying to downplay it further that it was only former IRA members.

This is exactly the sort of thing that I was talking about - denial, obfuscation, victim-blaming, diversion.

If a Sinn Fein supporter came on here and accepted that the PIRA deliberately killed Paul Quinn but that it was an unavoidable consequence of the terrorist campaign that they fully supported, at least they would be giving an honest opinion, though not one that I agree with or accept.

The allegation is that it was committed by then current PIRA members under the direction of the local commander Slab Murphy. If you are going to reduce it to just allegations, at least get it right, rather than trying to downplay it further that it was only former IRA members.

This is exactly the sort of thing that I was talking about - denial, obfuscation, victim-blaming, diversion.

If a Sinn Fein supporter came on here and accepted that the PIRA deliberately killed Paul Quinn but that it was an unavoidable consequence of the terrorist campaign that they fully supported, at least they would be giving an honest opinion, though not one that I agree with or accept.

Again, I am depending on the monitoring agency tasked with monitoring this stuff. Who say, that the IRA as an organisation had no involvement, and that the killing had not little to do with local criminality.

As well as calling the PPS and PSNI corrupt are you accusing the IMC of 'denial, obfuscation, victim-blaming, diversion'?

This is what the motion calls for and I would agree with it. From the very start I have been consistent, SF made a mistake.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-northern-ireland-107-new-cases-as-assembly-votes-to-censure-sinn-fein-over-bobby-storey-funeral-actions-40264136.html

Glad to see agreement with the motion which "condemns the deputy First Minister and the Finance Minister for their actions."

Would you expect any Minister to resign if their Parliament voted to condemn their actions?

Naomi Long's contribution:

"Alliance leader Naomi Long said Thursday’s debate was necessary as there has not been a wholesome apology from Michelle O’Neill or Conor Murphy since the funeral took place in June.
    Speaking via videolink, the Justice Minister stated: “I think Sinn Fein have significantly underestimated the amount of hurt, the amount of grief and the amount of anger that they have caused right across the community.

“Particularly for those families who themselves have had to lay their family members to rest in what has been extraordinarily difficult circumstances.

“We have seen people who went to hospital, who never got to hold the hands of their loved ones again after that point, who never got to journey with them on their final journey to the crematorium or the graveside and who have been profoundly hurt, but also, I believe, profoundly damaged by what has been an incredibly painful experience.”"

SDLP:

"Policing Board member Dolores Kelly said her party had no confusion over the restrictions after the burial of former SDLP leader John Hume.
    The SDLP MLA stated Sinn Fein have set themselves above everyone else who followed the health regulations.

“The members to my right [Sinn Fein] have questions to answer,” said Ms Kelly.

“I don’t know what part of the public message on the motorway as many of them drove down the M1 to go that funeral, that they did not know what stay at home meant because the rest of knew.

“The rest of us stayed at home, the rest of us have sacrificed alongside our friends, neighbours and people right across this community.

“The political elitism and the arrogance that is in within Sinn Fein is beyond belief.”"

Perhaps we could see an end to the faux allegations that SDLP and Alliance are allied with the DUP. There is real genuine anger about this in the North.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-northern-ireland-107-new-cases-as-assembly-votes-to-censure-sinn-fein-over-bobby-storey-funeral-actions-40264136.html

Glad to see agreement with the motion which "condemns the deputy First Minister and the Finance Minister for their actions."

Would you expect any Minister to resign if their Parliament voted to condemn their actions?

No, I didn't when they were breached here and wouldn't expect it anywhere else. An apology would suffice as it did here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

The virus doesn't know the difference between a hospital and a pub, yet one is open, the other is shut, because people know the difference.

Same with the two funerals.

Where are you going with this ...err ... sentence.

Hospitals are open because they are hospitals. Pubs arent because they are pubs. it has nothing to do with people knowing the difference - its because ones a pub and ones a hospital.

Funerals on the other hand are funerals. SF were stupid with the Storey funeral - I dont think anyone denies that - yet you just cant admit that the garda funeral was as stupid. Hilarious stuff altogether.

Then you have your theory that the PSNI give SF a pass but that Leo didnt nothing wrong by passing on info before it was ready to be announced.

Thats even funnier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

did the PIRA exist in 2007?

• Advertisement

Absolutely fabulous stuff from Gregory Campbell this evening.

You better sanction SF or people organising bonfires will not be peaceful and respectful this summer.

Those 'people' have not been peaceful nor respectful in almost 60 of my summers. :):)

Then asked if he would follow through on withdrawing support for the Policing Authority, he slinks away from that too.

Another Never Never Never march to the top of a hill and totter back down again, it seems.

Advertisement