Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Doing a bit of reading about SF this evening. Denis Donaldson was murdered in Donegal in 2006. In 2016, a man in his 40's was arrested on suspicion of being involved in his murder. Is that man now a TD? Don't know; just asking the question.

whoever this was, was he convicted of the crime? If not, what are you saying exactly? Innocent until proven guilty isnt in your vocabulary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I think the main reason the PSNI did not wish to proceed with a prosecution of Sf over 'That Funeral' is all the hassle. Every time an Sf person or supporter is held to account by the law, the party organises the most vocal and visible demonstration they can fix-up. Loud hailers, feet stamping, shouting roaring, and of course the picture and camera ops. The level of narcissistic behaviour by senior Sf members in these situations is epic. They actually love these events and get geed up by it all. It would not surprise me if some Sf members were hoping for a charge to be bought so they could turn it all into a show of some kind. Maybe the PSNI saw the big picture and did not wish to play into their hands. This is just my two pennies worth on the matter.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,866 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think the main reason the PSNI did not wish to proceed with a prosecution of Sf over 'That Funeral' is all the hassle. Every time an Sf person or supporter is held to account by the law, the party organises the most vocal and visible demonstration they can fix-up. Loud hailers, feet stamping, shouting roaring, and of course the picture and camera ops. The level of narcissistic behaviour by senior Sf members in these situations is epic. They actually love these events and get geed up by it all. It would not surprise me if some Sf members were hoping for a charge to be bought so they could turn it all into a show of some kind. Maybe the PSNI saw the big picture and did not wish to play into their hands. This is just my two pennies worth on the matter.

Or maybe there just wasnt enough evidence to prosecute for small fines?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

So the PSNI who carry arms, probably check under their cars for bombs every time they leave for work, and take every other possible precaution due to the nature of their job up there are a bit upset because of loud hailers and foot stomping. Do you really believe that's the reason no charges were brought against the Shinners?
    Real childish arguments being made now.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Fann Linn wrote: »
    So the PSNI who carry arms, probably check under their cars for bombs every time they leave for work, and take every other possible precaution due to the nature of their job up there are a bit upset because of loud hailers and foot stomping. Do you really believe that's the reason no charges were brought against the Shinners?
    Real childish arguments being made now.

Any why do they 'carry arms, probably check under their cars for bombs every time they leave for work, and take every other possible precaution due to the nature of their job up there'

• Advertisement

Any why do they 'carry arms, probably check under their cars for bombs every time they leave for work, and take every other possible precaution due to the nature of their job up there'

Because those who did not agree with the GFA would be still trying to kill them.

Some of them were on the streets last night rioting against the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

skimpydoo wrote: »

I am not sure why this is a surprise. Most loyalist groupings said last week that they would just do as the wish now with regard to covid and risk assess stuff themselves as the shinners got away with. So this would be the obvious outworking

• Registered Users Posts: 19,493 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shinners lack of understanding re the Storey funeral has re ignited tensions.

And these are the crowd looking for a UI.

I don’t want or need these people leading me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

maccored wrote: »
    whoever this was, was he convicted of the crime? If not, what are you saying exactly? Innocent until proven guilty isnt in your vocabulary?

I wouldn't be so quick to play the 'innocent until proven guilty' card if I was you Mc...

Probably best to keep neck firmly wound in on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Because those who did not agree with the GFA would be still trying to kill them.

Some of them were on the streets last night rioting against the police.

That's not why they were rioting on the streets. They were rioting because of the corruption that saw Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy escape prosecution.

I have been consistent all along that Dara Calleary was right to resign because as a Minister he knew or should know the law. The others at that golf dinner had the excuse that the laws were confusing. The same principle means that O'Neill and Murphy have to go. That they haven't resigned shows the very low standards of Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    That's not why they were rioting on the streets. They were rioting because of the corruption that saw Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy escape prosecution.

I have been consistent all along that Dara Calleary was right to resign because as a Minister he knew or should know the law. The others at that golf dinner had the excuse that the laws were confusing. The same principle means that O'Neill and Murphy have to go. That they haven't resigned shows the very low standards of Sinn Fein.

High standards in public office are for others don't you know.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/former-facebook-manager-based-in-dublin-and-serbia-runs-sinn-fein-social-media-here-and-us-40269972.html

Some further light on the Serbian-run Facebook pages.

One very mysterious and extremely strange coincidence seems to be that the same firm hired to mind Sinn Fein's medial profile was also hired by the Friends of Sinn Fein organisation in the US who supposedly have no link to Sinn Fein in Ireland. Very strange indeed.

We also learn a bit more about the Serbian Sinn Fein supporters. Apparently, in another amazing coincidence the Serbian sister of the former Facebook executive hired to do the work just happens to be a Sinn Fein supporter in Serbia. Bewildering to keep track of this.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/former-facebook-manager-based-in-dublin-and-serbia-runs-sinn-fein-social-media-here-and-us-40269972.html

One very mysterious and extremely strange coincidence seems to be that the same firm hired to mind Sinn Fein's medial profile was also hired by the Friends of Sinn Fein organisation in the US who supposedly have no link to Sinn Fein in Ireland. Very strange indeed.

We also learn a bit more about the Serbian Sinn Fein supporters. Apparently, in another amazing coincidence the Serbian sister of the former Facebook executive hired to do the work just happens to be a Sinn Fein supporter in Serbia. Bewildering to keep track of this.
    Small world...

I like this piece of the article.

“ When Sinn Féin’s comments were published, the party’s online supporters, including current and former members of their communications team, flooded social media with criticisms of the decision to publish details of the party’s links to Serbia. At first, Sinn Féin refused to answer questions about how those who manage their social media from abroad were paid for their work”.

I wonder are any enterprising journalists looking at whether this Friends of SF organisation assisted SF in buying the at least 50 properties they own across the island? I hear St Petersburg in Russia is also a place where enterprising Good Republicans spent quite a bit of time studying the property market........

the Friends of Sinn Fein organisation in the US who supposedly have no link to Sinn Fein in Ireland.

eh?

Still no accusation just more 'Bondian' eyebrow raising.

The ages of those involved in disturbances last night:
    13 year old boy
    14 year old boy
    17 year old male youth
    18 year old male
    19 year old male
    19 year old female
    21 year old male
    25 year old male

Belligerent Unionism wants the north to crash and burn, they got their way last night. Any elected representative or member of the public assisting them by racking up talk of corrupt policing and PPS need to take a good look at what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

The ages of those involved in disturbances last night:
    13 year old boy
    14 year old boy
    17 year old male youth
    18 year old male
    19 year old male
    19 year old female
    21 year old male
    25 year old male

Belligerent Unionism wants the north to crash and burn, they got their way last night. Any elected representative or member of the public assisting them by racking up talk of corrupt policing and PPS need to take a good look at what they are doing.

And linking to the UI thread...... You think these 'lads' will join the South quietly.

And linking to the UI thread...... You think these 'lads' will join the South quietly.

They are doing what I predicted, hurting their own areas.
    That will not and should not destabilise or thwart a majority decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

What 'crimes' have SF committed and if a random poster on boards.ie has the info, how come the Gardai and PSNI have done nothing?

that old chestnut eh prove it ?

did the sf kangaroo courts have the same burden of proof I wonder

• Advertisement

I criticised SF from the get go for the funeral.

The use of selective victims here is something to be ashamed of IMO and no amount of excusing it will change that sadly. And I for one will continue to call it out without fear or favour.

Start a thread on the victims of terrorist violence supported by the Greens and I will comment on it (or one on FG, FF, Labour or the Social Demcorats).

If Sinn Fein are a normal political party like all the others, you will be able to find examples of victims of Green-supported terrorism (and all the others).

that old chestnut eh prove it ?

did the sf kangaroo courts have the same burden of proof I wonder

so youre equating yourself to sf kangaroo courts then?

Start a thread on the victims of terrorist violence supported by the Greens and I will comment on it (or one on FG, FF, Labour or the Social Demcorats).

If Sinn Fein are a normal political party like all the others, you will be able to find examples of victims of Green-supported terrorism (and all the others).

FG, FF and Labour all came from violence. The greens have a violence all of their own. only a month ago eamon ryan was arguing against mandatory hotel quarantines. Laiughable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

maccored wrote: »
    so youre equating yourself to sf kangaroo courts then?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

im not sure much could be compared to the sf justice system :pac::pac:

Enough with the trolling and personal abuse

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so quick to play the 'innocent until proven guilty' card if I was you Mc...

Probably best to keep neck firmly wound in on that one.

considering I have no idea who we're talking about, im quite content where my neck is at present. plenty of people get questioned on things. doesnt mean they done them. otherwise the authorities arent doing a great job if its so easy to say they did.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Enough abuse and trolling of each other, threadbans next

Also, stay on topic, SF

Good article by O'Broin in the business post this morning on the flawed current approach to social housing provision

Hes the best of SF front bench by a country mile, I wasn't a fan of his cosplaying phase several years back but the guy is informed and correct on his topic which is more than i can say about most spokespeople across all parties.

I hope that this line of thought is as clear on the "slippery slope" argument when it analyses SF reps, members and social media personnel attacking every facet of govt down south in the most one-eyed, hyperbolic and catastrophising terms.

Are elected reps in the south attacking lockdown responsible for antivaxx nutters, for instance?

If not I think we can ask why one but not the other, and I don't think we'll get an answer.

• Advertisement

I hope that this line of thought is as clear on the "slippery slope" argument when it analyses SF reps, members and social media personnel attacking every facet of govt down south in the most one-eyed, hyperbolic and catastrophising terms.

Are elected reps in the south attacking lockdown responsible for antivaxx nutters, for instance?

If not I think we can ask why one but not the other, and I don't think we'll get an answer.

If I could decipher a relevant point there I would be off to a flyer.

You are seeing equivalence between an opposition calling a government to account to a party undermining the police and PPS by calling them corrupt, to threatening to stop supporting the police to party inventing terror threats to get it's way?

That's a fair old stretch, if that was the point you were making.

Advertisement