Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

A chara, if my point wasnt clear then i have to say your rebuttal is positively double dutch to me.

I included the slippery slope shorthand- id say thats a fairly standard criticism of a point to invoke that should unlock whatever of the rest wasnt on the surface immediately obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 68,858 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A chara, if my point wasnt clear then i have to say your rebuttal is positively double dutch to me.

I included the slippery slope shorthand- id say thats a fairly standard criticism of a point to invoke that should unlock whatever of the rest wasnt on the surface immediately obvious

:confused::confused:

I started the day by complimenting o'broin, my bonafides here are imo impeccable

Happy easter lads

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

blanch152 wrote: »
    That's not why they were rioting on the streets. They were rioting because of the corruption that saw Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy escape prosecution.

I have been consistent all along that Dara Calleary was right to resign because as a Minister he knew or should know the law. The others at that golf dinner had the excuse that the laws were confusing. The same principle means that O'Neill and Murphy have to go. That they haven't resigned shows the very low standards of Sinn Fein.

there was no corruption.
    certain thresholds must be met before a prosecution can take place, those thresholds couldn't be met ergo no prosecution.
    the reason some loyalists have been rioting is they want to reignite the troubles again but are thankfully failing hard.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ok this is a bit more interesting

Former Facebook manager based in Dublin and Serbia runs Sinn Féin social media here and US
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/former-facebook-manager-based-in-dublin-and-serbia-runs-sinn-fein-social-media-here-and-us-40269972.html

an Irish woman married to a Serbian, that is of no matter, the question is who is paying her? for what work, where?
    “Friends of Sinn Fein (FOSF) in the US have employed a top social media company as per their filed returns, under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, for the period November 2019 to October 2020. However, the Facebook ad library tells us FOSF didn’t post a single advertisement on Facebook for that 12-month period. That’s pretty odd following a year of consultancy services.

“It is a legitimate question to ask; are Friends of Sinn Fein USA cross subsidising Sinn Féin work in this state and therefore circumventing SIPO rules?
    https://www.finegael.ie/investigation-required-into-sinn-feins-transnational-social-media-management-cummins/

https://efile.fara.gov/docs/5006-Supplemental-Statement-20201125-33.pdf

Sinn fein said they have supporters in Germany and Serbia who "help out" the party
    "A party supporter who is now based in Germany works for our social media team. In Serbia, we have two party supporters who occasionally help out our social media team.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40253849.html

she is being paid by the US org but only "helping out" the Irish politicians????EyJB7ihWEAM70zI?format=png&name=900x900 and Senator Cummins rightly points out there have been online ads by FOSF in the US so what work is she doing therehttps://www.facebook.com/ads/library/?active_status=all&ad_type=political_and_issue_ads&country=US&view_all_page_id=389096331144686&sort_data[direction]=desc&sort_data[mode]=relevancy_monthly_grouped&search_type=page https://transparencyreport.google.com/political-ads/region/US?top_advertisers=q:sinn%20fein&lu=top_advertisers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Good article by O'Broin in the business post this morning on the flawed current approach to social housing provision

Hes the best of SF front bench by a country mile, I wasn't a fan of his cosplaying phase several years back but the guy is informed and correct on his topic which is more than i can say about most spokespeople across all parties.

Free houses for everyone basically I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

ok this is a bit more interesting

Former Facebook manager based in Dublin and Serbia runs Sinn Féin social media here and US
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/former-facebook-manager-based-in-dublin-and-serbia-runs-sinn-fein-social-media-here-and-us-40269972.html

an Irish woman married to a Serbian, that is of no matter, the question is who is paying her?

https://www.finegael.ie/investigation-required-into-sinn-feins-transnational-social-media-management-cummins/

https://efile.fara.gov/docs/5006-Supplemental-Statement-20201125-33.pdf

Sinn fein said they have supporters in Gemrany and Serbia who help out the party https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40253849.html

she is being paid by the US org but only "helping out" the Irish politicians????

Hmm... wonder will The Village, grift, Phoenix , or some of these ‘edgy’ columnist dudes take this up.

What’s the chances.......;)

0ne of these days we'll no doubt be told what this is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I don't follow politics much but have been watching the news regularly due to the pandemic when I didn't really bother before.

Now I understand the opposition have to play the devil's advocate a bit, but I cannot comprehend the utter humourless moaning of Mary Lou and the Shinners. Every single time she opens her mouth it's to call incompetence with the government and to demand the resignation of someone. That health spokesman of hers isn't far behind.

God help us all if these muppets get into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I don't follow politics much but have been watching the news regularly due to the pandemic when I didn't really bother before.

Now I understand the opposition have to play the devil's advocate a bit, but I cannot comprehend the utter humourless moaning of Mary Lou and the Shinners. Every single time she opens her mouth it's to call incompetence with the government and to demand the resignation of someone. That health spokesman of hers isn't far behind.

God help us all if these muppets get into power.

The govt are incompetent. Hardly the Shinners fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

FFG have been giving them out since the formation of the State, have you a problem with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That explains why they let the Storey funeral go ahead. With the IRA Army Council still in control, the reaction on the ground if they stopped it would make the last few nights look like a picnic.

Social housing is an important part of the provision of housing in the state

I happen to think o broin is an interesting voice on the topic tbh, certainly we cant continue to pretend to address the issue like we have been doing since the nineties.

Credit where credit is due, he is one of the very rare examples on the opposition benches of an interesting, relevant and informed alternative challenging the govt constructively and i welcome it

If sf had another ten like him theyd be a credible party imo

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

It's the Newsletter FFS. Was hardly going to say that Army Council has no role in SF and then the DUP/UVF/UDA Scum go mad that he sympathises with them. Bit like that rat MI5 Harris, he uses these reports with no factual basis to secor political points
    Both have been silent on Loyalst scum for years, wonder why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    It's the Newsletter FFS. Was hardly going to say that Army Council has no role in SF and then the DUP/UVF/UDA Scum go mad that he sympathises with them. Bit like that rat MI5 Harris, he uses these reports with no factual basis to secor political points
    Both have been silent on Loyalst scum for years, wonder why?

So it's fake news?

That explains why they let the Storey funeral go ahead. With the IRA Army Council still in control, the reaction on the ground if they stopped it would make the last few nights look like a picnic.

Gregory Campbell (DUP) was on the BBC there explaining how it was all the Shinners fault too.

So it's fake news?

The IRA committed to the the peace process...that is what the PSNI are saying they are doing.

Gregory Campbell (DUP) was on the BBC there explaining how it was all the Shinners fault too.

Do I care? No

Does anyone else? Don't think so.

I am not really sure why you think the thoughts of Gregory Campbell matter to any extent on a Sinn Fein thread.

Do I care? No

Does anyone else? Don't think so.

I am not really sure why you think the thoughts of Gregory Campbell matter to any extent on a Sinn Fein thread.

Just saying, you were on the same page as him again.

You are saying the police and the PPS are corrupt.

• Advertisement

Just saying, you were on the same page as him again.

You are saying the police and the PPS are corrupt.

Oh, it's about me, not Sinn Fein. Now I understand.

Oh, it's about me, not Sinn Fein. Now I understand.

SF haven't said the PSNI and the PPS are corrupt, the DUP and yourself have. That's true is it not?

So if they are corrupt why do you believe anything they say? You seem to believe selective stuff.

SF haven't said the PSNI and the PPS are corrupt, the DUP and yourself have. That's true is it not?

So if they are corrupt why do you believe anything they say? You seem to believe selective stuff.

Yes, I don't blindly follow a particular political party or a particular ideology (most of which are toxic), I use discernment and analysis in order to decide what to believe.

The PSNI engaged in a corrupt action when they didn't prosecute Michelle O'Neill. That does not mean everything they did was corrupt.

Yes, I don't blindly follow a particular political party or a particular ideology (most of which are toxic), I use discernment and analysis in order to decide what to believe.

The PSNI engaged in a corrupt action when they didn't prosecute Michelle O'Neill. That does not mean everything they did was corrupt.

How where they corrupt?

How where they corrupt?

They made prior arrangements with a political party to assist that political party in breaking the regulations around a funeral/political rally. A police force beholden to a political party is one of the clear signs of corruption.

You know all this, I have explained it before.

Guilty by association Blanch!

Guilty by association Blanch!

Yeah, it seems that is the current accusation being thrown at me.

They made prior arrangements with a political party to assist that political party in breaking the regulations around a funeral/political rally. A police force beholden to a political party is one of the clear signs of corruption.

You know all this, I have explained it before.

So you will take no notice of the review. They are corrupt...you can't be just a little corrupt as you say.

So explain what happens now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

The IRA committed to the the peace process...that is what the PSNI are saying they are doing.

and all those times you and your fellows insisted that there is no ira

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

and all those times you and your fellows insisted that there is no ira

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Never insisted there was no IRA Stevo.

My research before voting for SF was based on the IMC and PSNI assessments that the IRA are committed to exclusively peaceful means.

I couldn't care less what they do after that. The idea that people who laid their lives on the line for a cause would have no political input or interest is ridiculous not to mention pointless expectation.

Advertisement