Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Never insisted there was no IRA Stevo.

My research before voting for SF was based on the IMC and PSNI assessments that the IRA are committed to exclusively peaceful means.

I couldn't care less what they do after that. The idea that people who laid their lives on the line for a cause would have no political input or interest is ridiculous not to mention pointless expectation.

so now that you agree that there is a ira
    what influence do you think they have on sf

given your extensive research of course :D

The PSNI are a great and trustworthy bunch now, when it suits

Guilt by association is a fine approach, when it suits

Lads its a mightly little thread this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,857 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Why would I care?

SF are performing as a competent opposition and have challenged the power swap to the point it has had to merge together. I.E. they have changed Irish politics, IMO for the better. If ex members of the IRA have influenced that, fair play.

You are entitled to disagree, that's democratic politics for you.

The PSNI are a great and trustworthy bunch now, when it suits

Guilt by association is a fine approach, when it suits

Lads its a mightly little thread this.

Big leap there lad.

The PSNI are like the Gardai, no different in accountability terms.

Calling them and the PPS corrupt after the oversight this decision has had is a dangerous (as we have seen) thing to do not to mention before a review of the decision. Real people are getting hurt as a result. Those responsible have to own that. No amount of pointing at themuns diminishes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Big leap there lad.

The PSNI are like the Gardai, no different in accountability terms.

Calling them and the PPS corrupt after the oversight this decision has had is a dangerous (as we have seen) thing to do not to mention before a review of the decision. Real people are getting hurt as a result. Those responsible have to own that. No amount of pointing at themuns diminishes it.

You remind me of a hen picking her way through a bed of nettles, Francis.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Why would I care?

SF are performing as a competent opposition and have challenged the power swap to the point it has had to merge together. I.E. they have changed Irish politics, IMO for the better. If ex members of the IRA have influenced that, fair play.

You are entitled to disagree, that's democratic politics for you.

what you are desperately trying to divert attention from is the ongoing connection between sf and a still very active and very involved ira :) a terrorist and criminal organisation

also you never claimed the ira no longer exists ? are you sure ?

what you are desperately trying to divert attention from is the ongoing connection between sf and a still very active and very involved ira :) a terrorist and criminal organisation

also you never claimed the ira no longer exists ? are you sure ?

May have escaped your notice over the years, there was always a 'connection' between SF and the IRA.

The IRA are now exclusively committed to the peace process...i.e. non violent.

The IRA 'no longer exist as a threat to peace'.

That is what they committed to in the GFA.

You remind me of a hen picking her way through a bed of nettles, Francis.

Seems for some around here, being a democrat is a bed of nettles Brendan. One decision by the PSNI and the PPS they don't like and it's anarchy.

I thought the PSNI should have issued fines - they didn't for well explained reasons. Is the world gonna end...nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There are ex-IRA in Sinn Fein. You didn't know?

There are ex-IRA in Sinn Fein. You didn't know?

Does anyone really care what the UDA or UVF get up to if they are being peaceful and committed to the peace process?

I know I could care less tbh.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    That explains why they let the Storey funeral go ahead. With the IRA Army Council still in control, the reaction on the ground if they stopped it would make the last few nights look like a picnic.

You compare loyalist petrol bombers upset about the NI protocol or whatever to mourners at a shinner funeral?

ok this is a bit more interesting

Former Facebook manager based in Dublin and Serbia runs Sinn Féin social media here and US
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/former-facebook-manager-based-in-dublin-and-serbia-runs-sinn-fein-social-media-here-and-us-40269972.html

an Irish woman married to a Serbian, that is of no matter, the question is who is paying her? for what work, where?

https://www.finegael.ie/investigation-required-into-sinn-feins-transnational-social-media-management-cummins/

https://efile.fara.gov/docs/5006-Supplemental-Statement-20201125-33.pdf

Sinn fein said they have supporters in Germany and Serbia who "help out" the party https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40253849.html

she is being paid by the US org but only "helping out" the Irish politicians????EyJB7ihWEAM70zI?format=png&name=900x900

I still don't know what the issue is. Been asking for weeks.

The people who carried out this research for political purposes are a desperate bunch.

Does anyone really care what the UDA or UVF get up to if they are being peaceful and committed to the peace process?

I know I could care less tbh.

The idea is mention the IRA as much as possible because Sinn Fein are embarrassed etc.. It's a very silly and tired tactic IMO.
    If it wasn't common knowledge that former IRA are in SF, if the IRA were active, I could see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The people who carried out this research for political purposes are a desperate bunch.

The issue is that there is potentially a foreign organisation paying the expenses of a political party in ireland. There are rules around transparency for political parties and how they are funded. Not sure if there is a breach here but its worth looking into yeah, just in case the rules have been broken?

Who have you been asking

Maybe you know people we don't.

The issue is that there is potentially a foreign organisation paying the expenses of a political party in ireland. There are rules around transparency for political parties and how they are funded. Not sure if there is a breach here but its worth looking into yeah, just in case the rules have been broken?

You got that from someone based in Serbia/Germany being part of the team updating SF's Facebook?

An Irish born partner of a Serbian is doing some work on SM for SF and that is now 'a foreign organisation paying the expenses of a political party in Ireland'?

That escalated quickly. :)

I’m sure enterprising journalists are continuing to mine that particular seam. Also having a look at how SF can own 50 properties on this island; how they managed to fund that; how they can afford to have 200 employees; why none of those employees could be hired to update this social media accounts, and whether SF own property aboard. Heard Russia is a place of particular interest......

County hurling now lads. The auld shaking the bucket in a pub for the cause isn’t going to wash anymore.

blanch152 wrote: »
    They made prior arrangements with a political party to assist that political party in breaking the regulations around a funeral/political rally. A police force beholden to a political party is one of the clear signs of corruption.

You know all this, I have explained it before.

This is not a FG thread. Enough about the Horkan funeral please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

As has been stated before, SIPO have previously said that the provision of social media services could fall within the definition of a donation in the 1997 Election Act. And foreign donations by non Irish citizens are against the law.

That's why this is in the news, as it looks potentially dodgy, even if it ultimately isn't. I'm sure Sinn Fein will quickly clarify the position if it is all above board.

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    As has been stated before, SIPO have previously said that the provision of social media services could fall within the definition of a donation in the 1997 Election Act. And foreign donations by non Irish citizens are against the law.

That's why this is in the news, as it looks potentially dodgy, even if it ultimately isn't. I'm sure Sinn Fein will quickly clarify the position if it is all above board.

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

:):)

Are we posting in just emojis now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

An Irish born partner of a Serbian is doing some work on SM for SF and that is now 'a foreign organisation paying the expenses of a political party in Ireland'?

That escalated quickly. :)

No, there was an accusation that Friends of Sinn Fein (US based organisation) were making payments to the serbian ladies company, but yet she was only "helping out" for Sinn Fein in Ireland. If (and its only an if until investigated) Sinn Fein are using foreign companies to pay their bills and circumvent SIPO oversight then there is a story there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

No, there was an accusation that Friends of Sinn Fein (US based organisation) were making payments to the serbian ladies company, but yet she was only "helping out" for Sinn Fein in Ireland. If (and its only an if until investigated) Sinn Fein are using foreign companies to pay their bills and circumvent SIPO oversight then there is a story there

This could all be innocent but the longer it goes on without clarification from SF the more the suspicions grow.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Are we posting in just emojis now?

I am just laughing at the line ; as it looks potentially dodgy, even if it ultimately isn't.

I'll wait until this is dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

I am just laughing at the line ; as it looks potentially dodgy, even if it ultimately isn't.

I'll wait until this is dodgy.

That's the attitude that led to abusers getting away with it in this country for years. Sure it looks a bit off but I won't do anything about it until the damage is done.

That's the attitude that led to abusers getting away with it in this country for years. Sure it looks a bit off but I won't do anything about it until the damage is done.

The phraseology is what is hilarious here.

It's dodgy before it is.

That is Indo level use of language. It isn't 'dodgy' until it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I too previously I didn't know what the issue was, but I think they've accidentally stumbled onto something more interesting as I explained in my post above. Its to do with her company being paid by the American FOSF org while they also claim they are "helping out" Irish politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

she's an Irish lady but otherwise you are exactly right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I too previously I didn't know what the issue was, but I think they've accidentally stumbled onto something more interesting as I explained in my post above. Its to do with her company being paid by the American FOSF org while they also claim they are "helping out" Irish politicians.

Quite an interesting way to funnel illegal donations.

US Sinn Fein fundraised pays people in Serbia to do very little. With their spare time, these generous souls help out Sinn Fein in Ireland to manage their social media.

Advertisement