Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,634 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    What is good for the goose.....

Its an opinion Francie, one shared by many, including many in the Gardai. Republicans and SF insiders are experts at money laundering, it is very conceivable how these talents are used or were used for the behest of SF the organisation.

So no actual facts like the fact FG actually got caught with their hand in the cookie jar for 9 years.

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So no actual facts like the fact FG actually got caught with their hand in the cookie jar for 9 years.

Ok.

No, lots of facts. Slab 'Good Republican' Murphy is well known to have funded SF via his illegal operations.
    This is why a complete audit of SF NI and SF ROI is needed. To see how deep the rot lies and where all the dirty money comes from.

No, lots of facts. Slab 'Good Republican' Murphy is well known to have funded SF via his illegal operations.
    This is why a complete audit of SF NI and SF ROI is needed. To see how deep the rot lies and where all the dirty money comes from.

Is he even a member of SF? Can you back anything up here? We know that allegation is enough with some posters here...but that isn't good enough I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

SIPO going to have a little dig around, I hear.

Could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

blanch152 wrote: »

As always, whenever the hint of a question is raised about Sinn Fein, the deflector and defence arrays go into overdrive.
    Well go on...tell us what you know about their finances. How much came from crime?...back up what ever you say, like this:
    I know FG financed themselves on the basis of long running tax evasion.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fine-gael-admits-tax-evasion-over-period-of-9-years-1.307406?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Ffine-gael-admits-tax-evasion-over-period-of-9-years-1.307406

That's how this works.

Bingo.

Utterly predictable and predicted.

• Advertisement

SIPO going to have a little dig around, I hear.

Could be interesting.

Could be very interesting. Understand that there is a complete contrast between Sinn Fein and other all-Ireland parties in the way that money is handled.

Could be very interesting. Understand that there is a complete contrast between Sinn Fein and other all-Ireland parties in the way that money is handled.

You mean they have paid their taxes?

You mean they have paid their taxes?

Watch this space, Francie.

I have been telling you for the last nine months that SIPO is coming for Sinn Fein. It works slowly and painstakingly and is closing in.

Watch this space, Francie.

I have been telling you for the last nine months that SIPO is coming for Sinn Fein. It works slowly and painstakingly and is closing in.

No you haven't :) You mentioned it once. You also told us about ceilings in SF's vote and their slow demise. But how and ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

If Sinn Féin UK have been influencing Irish elections Mary Lou needs to go

• Advertisement

Wonder were the lads in Connolly House were involved?

Ted might know something..………… uhmmmm.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/senior-judges-rule-stormont-has-legal-duty-fund-pension-scheme-victims-troubles-3128785

I see Sinn Fein's attempts to deny people their rights got another setback in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Interesting take on it, Blanch.

I was under the impression that the case was regarding whether the funds should come from Stormont or Westminster, not whether to deny anyone any rights.

Am I mistaken, or is it just spin from you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Why? Are you familiar with their idea the country should be united? Time and again we have folk linking them as one party. Are we to believe this convenient newly discovered faux concern?
    They'd a lad called Gerry Adams run in the north and the south. They'd another lad from the north ran for President. Were you out that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

jaysus - the newsletter :pac:

Why? Are you familiar with their idea the country should be united? Time and again we have folk linking them as one party. Are we to believe this convenient newly discovered faux concern?
    They'd a lad called Gerry Adams run in the north and the south. They'd another lad from the north ran for President. Were you out that day?

Well when people tell them they're one party they should just deny it if they're so partitionist in their affairs.

If Leo said some lad has left FG UK 5 million you'd be going nuts

Well when people tell them they're one party they should just deny it if they're so partitionist in their affairs.

Would we even know? They are after all a party that have actually hoodwinked the taxpayer and not paid their dues.

Would we even know? They are after all a party that have actually hoodwinked the taxpayer and not paid their dues.

Be pretty hard to keep it secret you would imagine.

Anyway that's enough deflection from you lads, let's see if SIPO have a case.

Be pretty hard to keep it secret you would imagine.

Anyway that's enough deflection from you lads, let's see if SIPO have a case.

ehhh...it was you who deflected to Leo. Just sayin.

ehhh...it was you who deflected to Leo. Just sayin.

Yeah right.

Ok.

• Advertisement

Yeah right.

This was the poster in question deflecting the topic to Leo, then he got upset when somebody answered him/her.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-likely-to-need-to-jump-queue-for-vaccine-if-he-goes-on-controversial-st-patricks-day-trip-to-white-house-40073591.html

I laughed out loud at the clever way that this article exposed Sinn Fein hypocrisy once again.

Here we had Louise O'Reilly saying:

"Outlining Sinn Féin’s opposition to the US trip on Monday, Dublin Fingal TD Louise O’Reilly told Virgin Media: “In the midst of a global pandemic, when people are being told don’t go 5km from your homes, then I think he should show some leadership.”"

All well and good, until the next paragraph:

"Ms O’Reilly, whose constituency is nearly 30km from Virgin’s studios, said: “All travel that can be avoided should be avoided.”"

Do as I say, not as I do, is the message from Sinn Fein once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-likely-to-need-to-jump-queue-for-vaccine-if-he-goes-on-controversial-st-patricks-day-trip-to-white-house-40073591.html

I laughed out loud at the clever way that this article exposed Sinn Fein hypocrisy once again.

"Outlining Sinn Féin’s opposition to the US trip on Monday, Dublin Fingal TD Louise O’Reilly told Virgin Media: “In the midst of a global pandemic, when people are being told don’t go 5km from your homes, then I think he should show some leadership.”"

"Ms O’Reilly, whose constituency is nearly 30km from Virgin’s studios, said: “All travel that can be avoided should be avoided.”"

Don't forget the Bobby Storey funeral when busloads of SF reps travelled from Cork and Kerry to attend a funeral in Belfast....

Do as I say, not as I do.

Don't forget the Bobby Storey funeral when busloads of SF reps travelled from Cork and Kerry to attend a funeral in Belfast....

Do as I say, not as I do.

And had e-mails sent encouraging them to attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Is this really "the best opposition ever". I think we got sold a con

They've all treated going on TV as essential...every single party. She was debating with Neale Richmond that night in the studio.

They've all treated going on TV as essential...every single party. She was debating with Neale Richmond that night in the studio.

Sorry Francie, don't buy that for a minute.

I think even you would agree that a meeting of the Taoiseach with the President of the United States is a bit more essential than a TV programme on Virgin Media?

Or maybe you don't. Spill it and tell us.

I think even you would agree that a meeting of the Taoiseach with the President of the United States is a bit more essential than a TV programme on Virgin Media?

The point is here, every single party has sent people into TV studios from the get go. Yet one gets singled out. Speaks for it self.

And I think the Taoiseach self sacrificing in what is essentially a PR trip would do serious good here and send an important meesage that we actually are in this together.
    Send Vicky Phelan and you have a massive feel good event everyone can get behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

It is simple
    Anything the government do is outrageous and a disgrace. They are becoming the joke opposition. Even RTE getting bored sticking them on to listen to them roaring and shouting about how upset they are :P

• Advertisement

The point is here, every single party has sent people into TV studios from the get go. Yet one gets singled out. Speaks for it self.

And I think the Taoiseach self sacrificing in what is essentially a PR trip would do serious good here and send an important meesage that we actually are in this together.
    Send Vicky Phelan and you have a massive feel good event everyone can get behind.

No, wait a minute, you didn't answer the question.

Advertisement