Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What's to stop his kids getting bank accounts tomorrow and sending him money in that case?

But they don't have them. That's the point. Could understand info sharing between banks if they had.

funny that are you sure ?

I have a trading account through revolut and I didn't have to answer any invasive questions …..

then again im not a public rep

Yes. I'm not a PEP either. And it's brutal so I feel cheated. Only a few stocks on offer and commodities. Couple of cryptos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Taking after a strategy being used by SF supporters in another thread, I think it's important to remember that Conor Murphy still will not name the IRA members he talked to about the abduction, torture, and murder of Paul Quinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,853 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hmm so a politician has managed to make it easier for fraud and money laundering eh ?

and you think that's a good days work ?

That sure escalated quickly. :):) Dear me, just because you have been left looking a bit silly, no need to go over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

smurgen wrote: »
    But they don't have them. That's the point. Could understand info sharing between banks if they had.

It shouldn't make a difference, if they have the capacity to channel funds to him, the financial institutions involved need to be aware

• Advertisement

It shouldn't make a difference, if they have the capacity to channel funds to him, the financial institutions involved need to be aware

Anyone has the capacity to do anything. Questioning where they get the information is legitimate. I'd be more concerned of our current Taoiseach having received developers money into his wife's bank account personally but that's just me.

Why did they apologise and why are they changing their systems?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Why did they apologise and why are they changing their systems?

Where did Revolut state they did apologies and that they are changing their systems?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

That sure escalated quickly. :):) Dear me, just because you have been left looking a bit silly, no need to go over the top.

care to clarify about what you mean there francie ?

Where did Revolut state they did apologies and that they are changing their systems?

They didn't. Doherty published his interaction with them, after they asked him on the tweet to contact them.

• Advertisement

care to clarify about what you mean there francie ?

Apologies, I thought I was answering 'a very cool kid'.

I'll shorten the answer to, 'well, that escalated quickly.'

They didn't. Doherty published his interaction with them, after they asked him on the tweet to contact them.

Ah ok I would have expected some kind of press release from Revolut after this landmark change of policy.

Suppose we will have to stick with the what Pearse says version now.

Ah ok I would have expected some kind of press release from Revolut after this landmark change of policy.

Suppose we will have to stick with the what Pearse says version now.

He raised the concern, they asked him to contact them. He says there was a satisfactory outcome - an apology and a change to systems.

A good days work for any politician, no?

He raised the concern, they asked him to contact them. He says there was a satisfactory outcome - an apology and a change to systems.

A good days work for any politician, no?

I contacted them today as well saying my balance was a bit low. They apologized and lodged 10k to my account.

A good days work for a poster on boards?

I contacted them today as well saying my balance was a bit low. They apologized and lodged 10k to my account.

A good days work for a poster on boards?

Yes, if it happened.

Would it be a good days work for a politician if he got an apology and a change to systems?

Yes or no, will do.

Yes, if it happened.

Would it be a good days work for a politician if he got an apology and a change to systems?

Yes or no, will do.

Yes, if it happened.

Yes, if it happened.

Fair play.
    That's that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

This thread is rapidly turning into throwing ****e at a wall and seeing if anything could possibly stick.

It really undermines legitimate criticism of SF and their policies when it is being completely drowned out by roaring about every piece of insignificant nonsense as if it's in any way meaningful.

giphy_s.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

smurgen wrote: »
    Anyone has the capacity to do anything. Questioning where they get the information is legitimate. I'd be more concerned of our current Taoiseach having received developers money into his wife's bank account personally but that's just me.

Well that's why now have rules to prevent such transactions in the financial sector - it's what PEP status is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That is more spin.

Doherty did not publish his interaction with them, that would require him producing letters or emails.

Instead he claimed he got an oral apology without any verifiable evidence.

There is a big difference.

• Advertisement

It's mighty that an Irish TD has got one of the unicorns of fintech to make changes to their obligations around PEP!

Well done to Pearse.

This is yet another nothingburger in fairness, but Pearse should just stop being so outraged about everything, and feeling the need to go off on one on Twitter to gather a load of likes. The software Revolut use for AML and KYC purposes probably picked up a name, and displayed a name that was the same as one of his kids. The tech behind it is called social graphing, and I'd agree it's creepy as feck.

SF could make hay with exposing the sinister tech behind it, especially if they still like using 'burner' phones.

It's mighty that an Irish TD has got one of the unicorns of fintech to make changes to their obligations around PEP!

Well done to Pearse.

This is yet another nothingburger in fairness, but Pearse should just stop being so outraged about everything, and feeling the need to go off on one on Twitter to gather a load of likes. The software Revolut use for AML and KYC purposes probably picked up a name, and displayed a name that was the same as one of his kids. The tech behind it is called social graphing, and I'd agree it's creepy as feck.

SF could make hay with exposing the sinister tech behind it, especially if they still like using 'burner' phones.

Are they like phones that go missing during an inquiry? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I still have seen no actual apology

I’ll simply assume there is none, and that Pearse was desperate to try “fix” a silly thing that he did

As well, why is he in social media telling silly tales on companies?

Could he not have simply engaged them in a private capacity, just this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,489 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Are they like phones that go missing during an inquiry? :)

And I believe bodies disappear too.........

Strange......... very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Sinn Fein announced this morning that they are supporting teachers in their demands to be vaccinated as a profession and not by age. Vaccination by age is the medical and scientific guidance issued all over the world since age is the defining factor in Covid-19 risk, and not profession.

The Sinn Fein leadership know that teachers will be eager to reflect their anger at not getting their own way in the next general election, so this looks like a vote-getting stunt. Sein Fein has been abysmal during this pandemic, especially with their zero-Covid approach and their statements about locking us down further with even more draconian restrictions on a small country that already has the tightest restrictions on the planet, along with countries like North Korea.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Sinn Fein announced this morning that they are supporting teachers in their demands to be vaccinated as a profession and not by age. Vaccination by age is the medical and scientific guidance issued all over the world since age is the defining factor in Covid-19 risk, and not profession.

The Sinn Fein leadership know that teachers will be eager to reflect their anger at not getting their own way in the next general election, so this looks like a vote-getting stunt. Sein Fein has been abysmal during this pandemic, especially with their zero-Covid approach and their statements about locking us down further with even more draconian restrictions on a small country that already has the tightest restrictions on the planet, along with countries like North Korea.

Is the policy not agreement with the age based plan but that certain risk professions should be prioritised for everyone's safety and benefit?

Just heard the spokesman outline it on the radio there. New day, new exaggeration on boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    This thread is rapidly turning into throwing ****e at a wall and seeing if anything could possibly stick.

It really undermines legitimate criticism of SF and their policies when it is being completely drowned out by roaring about every piece of insignificant nonsense as if it's in any way meaningful.

giphy_s.gif

Insignificant? Well I think it's important to remember that Conor Murphy will not name the IRA members he talked to about the abduction, torture, and murder of Paul Quinn. His hands were so badly mutilated that his family couldn't put rosary beads in them.

This isn't ancient history. Conor Murphy is currently an MLA in Sinn Fein and asked his buddies in the IRA (Murphy was formerly a member) about information relating to Paul Quinn's torture and murder. Murphy has assured us that the IRA had nothing to do with it and that Quinn was a criminal who got what was coming to him. He will not disclose any additional information. Though eventually pressured into withdrawing his statement saying that Paul Quinn was a criminal, he still refuses to name the IRA members he talked to about the murder.

That was a cross-border abduction and murder by a group of 8-10 people, from a republican area, which the victim's family firmly believe was related to the IRA. I think it is important to remember that Murphy says that the IRA are not guilty. Some people won't find it important though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Kivaro wrote: »

I heard the interview also. Not as dramatic as you're making out but in a nutshell, O' Laoire has no problem with the aged based roll out, but as per initial Govt strategy, he believes certain professions which are deemed essential to keep society moving on, ie Gardai, SNAs, teachers, bus drivers etc should be vaccinated alongside.
    Can't see the problem there with Gardai, teachers etc getting the jab before me.

Insignificant? Well I think it's important to remember that Conor Murphy will not name the IRA members he talked to about the abduction, torture, and murder of Paul Quinn. His hands were so badly mutilated that his family couldn't put rosary beads in them.

This isn't ancient history. Conor Murphy is currently an MLA in Sinn Fein and asked his buddies in the IRA (Murphy was formerly a member) about information relating to Paul Quinn's torture and murder. Murphy has assured us that the IRA had nothing to do with it and that Quinn was a criminal who got what was coming to him. He will not disclose any additional information. Though eventually pressured into withdrawing his statement saying that Paul Quinn was a criminal, he still refuses to name the IRA members he talked to about the murder.

That was a cross-border abduction and murder by a group of 8-10 people, from a republican area, which the victim's family firmly believe was related to the IRA. I think it is important to remember that Murphy says that the IRA are not guilty. Some people won't find it important though.

Who has said in the PSNI or Gardai what 'information' he has given? Links please?

'Withholding information' is a chargeable offence, if he is withholding information WHY hasn't he been charged.
    In short - is this trial by internet again? Murphy nor anyone else is not duty bound to reveal info just to satisfy boardsies or the general public.

Again, the independent monitoring body set up by the two sovereign governments have very clearly said the 'IRA' was not involved. How come they are not in the dock too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Who has said in the PSNI or Gardai what 'information' he has given? Links please?

'Withholding information' is a chargeable offence, if he is withholding information WHY hasn't he been charged.
    In short - is this trial by internet again? Murphy nor anyone else is not duty bound to reveal info just to satisfy boardsies or the general public.

Again, the independent monitoring body set up by the two sovereign governments have very clearly said the 'IRA' was not involved. How come they are not in the dock too?

Conor Murphy knows a lot more about this murder than he is telling people - he is protecting his old comrades. I think thats enough for people to make a judgement on the man.

Advertisement