Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

"but declined to explain what information he had received from the IRA"

this is the relevant part of the quote I think you ll find

explain to whom exactly? the media .... im sure if the authorities wanted to know they would have made sure to get an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Distract?

I asked you to back up what you said from official sources - you posted an article from Irish Times.

I'm a democrat, I don't go into routine frenzies on the basis of allegations.

IF Murphy is withholding information then he should have been charged with that. He hasn't.

You asked for a source to back up the claim that Murphy had chatted with his palls in the IRA, and had, based upon the information he received from them stated that Paul Quinn was a criminal who was not murdered by the IRA. He freely admits this, although he has since retracted his statement that Paul Quinn was a criminal.

I think it is important to point out that he considers the identities of the IRA members he talked to worth protecting, and does not find it in the public interest to discuss what it was they told him.

There is nothing to prove here. Murphy freely admits his meeting with his mates in the IRA and their providing him with information.

maccored wrote: »
    he should go to the guards and report the people someone else thinks done it. yeah - really makes sense that does.

I don't understand a word you are saying

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Everyone in the community here knows who did it, how it was done etc,

Is the info any good evidentially...clearly not, sadly.

Yes, everybody does know, but the community needs leaders to step up and publicly co-operate with the PSNI and tell everything that they know. That is where Conor Murphy is letting down his party, his community and democracy itself. He spoke to people, he needs to give those names to the PSNI in a sworn statement. That he hasn't publically confirmed that to date says everything you need to know about him as a person.

Was it Murphy who leaked a document to ‘senior Republican’ Ted Howell during the cash for ash scandal and asked him for advice on how to proceed? Or was that another bucko?

• Advertisement

Distract?

I asked you to back up what you said from official sources - you posted an article from Irish Times.

I'm a democrat, I don't go into routine frenzies on the basis of allegations.

IF Murphy is withholding information then he should have been charged with that. He hasn't.

I asked you whether as a democrat, you accept the outcomes of parliamentary votes, whereby if a parliament votes confidence in a Minister, they are cleared to continue, and where a parliament votes to censure a Minister, they should resign.

I am still waiting for an answer.

Have to laugh whenever i see the SF lads demand warranted and sealed cast-iron evidence of smoking guns before anyone can say a word about their lot, regardless of the actual history of the individuals and groups involved

And the screaming and roaring and shouting of them and their online cadre and their party about the most nonsensical lowball items on a daily basis against actual functioning govts

Its some double standard so it is.

Have to laugh whenever i see the SF lads demand warranted and sealed cast-iron evidence of smoking guns before anyone can say a word about their lot, regardless of the actual history of the individuals and groups involved

And the screaming and roaring and shouting of them and their online cadre and their party about the most nonsensical lowball items on a daily basis against actual functioning govts

Yes, it is incredible. When you think about it, Conor Murphy has been censured by the Northern Assembly, he was investigated by the PSNI for breaches of Covid-19 regulations, he is refusing to talk to the PSNI about his knowledge of the brutal murder of Paul Quinn, yet there are people here defending him to the hilt.

Yet, the same posters went for Alan Shatter, Frances Fitzgerald, Cowen, Dara Calleary etc. who didn't have anything like the same roll-call of shameful acts that Murphy has.

They aren’t a normal party, and they don’t see themselves as a normal party. They have complete and utter contempt for the institutions of the State. Like it’s in their constitution to tear the whole edifice down and start again.

It’s a tightly ran organisation with a command structure from top to bottom. You don’t express views that aren’t in absolute agreement with the policies emerging from Ted, Gerry, and the other lads from West Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

"A Limerick GP has pulled out of the next phase of the Covid vaccine rollout programme after receiving what he said were “intimidating” calls from members of the public unhappy that they had not yet received their jab.

Dr Kieran Murphy said there were “unrealistic levels of expectation” around the vaccine programme and he and staff at his practice had been on the receiving end of patients' anger.

The change in the priority system from being based on factors such as occupation or health status to one based solely on a person's age could not come soon enough because “there can be no quibble about a date of birth”, he told RTÉ Radio One’s Liveline.

He said he and the staff at his practice were pulling out of the next phase of the HSE programme because of the pressure they were being put under by the public seeking vaccine priority, although he praised the HSE for the rollout."

This is what happens when the likes of David Cullinane continually undermines the solid and professional efforts being made in the vaccination programme.

• Advertisement

At least one TD has a campaign manager that murdered a teenage boy with his own handiwork. But sure that was years ago, and in a different context too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,850 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You asked for a source to back up the claim that Murphy had chatted with his palls in the IRA, and had, based upon the information he received from them stated that Paul Quinn was a criminal who was not murdered by the IRA. He freely admits this, although he has since retracted his statement that Paul Quinn was a criminal.

I think it is important to point out that he considers the identities of the IRA members he talked to worth protecting, and does not find it in the public interest to discuss what it was they told him.

There is nothing to prove here. Murphy freely admits his meeting with his mates in the IRA and their providing him with information.

Sorry RN2, I asked for an official source saying Murphy was withholding information.

If you believe he is, do you think there should be an inquiry into why he hasn't been charged with an offence?

"A Limerick GP has pulled out of the next phase of the Covid vaccine rollout programme after receiving what he said were “intimidating” calls from members of the public unhappy that they had not yet received their jab.

Dr Kieran Murphy said there were “unrealistic levels of expectation” around the vaccine programme and he and staff at his practice had been on the receiving end of patients' anger.

The change in the priority system from being based on factors such as occupation or health status to one based solely on a person's age could not come soon enough because “there can be no quibble about a date of birth”, he told RTÉ Radio One’s Liveline.

He said he and the staff at his practice were pulling out of the next phase of the HSE programme because of the pressure they were being put under by the public seeking vaccine priority, although he praised the HSE for the rollout."

This is what happens when the likes of David Cullinane continually undermines the solid and professional efforts being made in the vaccination programme.

I wonder who promised priority vaccinations and then changed that?

Nolan and Duffy under pressure for their bile and lack of impartiality. Two national broadcasters under the spotlight. About time too.

If you are critical of Unionists (truthfully) you get your mic cut and thrown off the programme, nationalists have to go to court to get their names cleared.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-td-donnchadh-%C3%B3-laoghaire-settles-defamation-claim-against-rt%C3%A9-1.4530486

I wonder who promised priority vaccinations and then changed that?

A perception of broken promises as a justification for threatening behaviour. Interesting.

Nolan and Duffy under pressure for their bile and lack of impartiality. Two national broadcasters under the spotlight. About time too.

If you are critical of Unionists (truthfully) you get your mic cut and thrown off the programme, nationalists have to go to court to get their names cleared.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-td-donnchadh-%C3%B3-laoghaire-settles-defamation-claim-against-rt%C3%A9-1.4530486

Sure its great to see them recognising the court. Progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

A perception of broken promises as a justification for threatening behaviour. Interesting.

Indeed an odd response to a doctor and his staff being intimidated over vaccine priority. So vaccinations for teachers at all costs then ...... apparently.

Sinn Fein completely misjudged public support of teacher vaccinations over age i.e. a vocally-loud profession versus a vulnerable cohort scientifically proven to be at more risk of Covid. Many people who were sitting on the fence on which party to support at the next election have definitely been pushed over the fence to one side over Sinn Fein's stance on this particular issue.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Indeed an odd response to a doctor and his staff being intimidated over vaccine priority. So vaccinations for teachers at all costs then ...... apparently.

Sinn Fein completely misjudged public support of teacher vaccinations over age i.e. a vocally-loud profession versus a vulnerable cohort scientifically proven to be at more risk of Covid. Many people who were sitting on the fence on which party to support at the next election have definitely been pushed over the fence to one side over Sinn Fein's stance on this particular issue.

Yes the hardline populists got caught out on this one. More people agree with Norma than them. Still, the efforts to spin it as a case of broken promises continues.
    Aodhan ORiordain is even further off the mark. Failed to listen outside the echo chamber. He is quiet today.

Yes the hardline populists got caught out on this one. More people agree with Norma than them. Still, the efforts to spin it as a case of broken promises continues.
    Aodhan ORiordain is even further off the mark. Failed to listen outside the echo chamber. He is quiet today.

Technical point but wouldn't the bolded bit mean Norma is the 'populist'? Or maybe that contradiction points to the laziness and meaninglessness of the label 'populist'.

The comment was in answer to the tired attempt to blame SF for this in some way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Lots of teachers in the Greystones, Dun Laoighre, Wicklow areas got vaccinated earlier this week despite the alleged roll back on occupation prioritization. Seems like Norma and her bumbling govt are still causing confusion.

No surprise teachers and Gardai are up in arms with these clowns.

The comment was in answer to the tired attempt to blame SF for this in some way.

The comment threw up an interesting perspective

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Lots of teachers in the Greystones, Dun Laoighre, Wicklow areas got vaccinated earlier this week despite the alleged roll back on occupation prioritization. Seems like Norma and her bumbling govt are still causing confusion.

No surprise teachers and Gardai are up in arms with these clowns.

Norma brought clarity. Opposition scraping the 'confusion' barrel at this stage :D

The comment threw up an interesting perspective

Comments will, if you wilfully misunderstand them...even when clarified.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Norma brought clarity. Opposition scraping the 'confusion' barrel at this stage :D

So why did she promise the teachers they'd be vaccinated, and then when the decision is rescinded, some of those very same teachers get vaccinated.

Sort of like those EU states we couldn't put on the quarantine list yesterday. And then hey presto, sleepy Eamon wakes up this morning and puts them on it.

You just gotta love this FFG clarity.

So why did she promise the teachers they'd be vaccinated, and then when the decision is rescinded, some of those very same teachers get vaccinated.

You just gotta love this new FFG clarity.

As an attempt to salvage something from the burning ashes it hasn't gone well has it? :)

Sorry RN2, I asked for an official source saying Murphy was withholding information.

If you believe he is, do you think there should be an inquiry into why he hasn't been charged with an offence?

You're just trying to distract, when the real issue is that Murphy went to his mates in the IRA to get the low-down on the abduction and murder and refuses to tell us, or the victim's family, what they actually said.

Sort of like those EU states we couldn't put on the quarantine list yesterday. And then hey presto, sleepy Eamon wakes up this morning and puts them on it.

You just gotta love this FFG clarity.

NIAC guidelines on vaccine strategy are being actioned by the government. The clarity comes from not allowing narrow sectional interests to pick it apart.

Promise? They are adults. Get over it.

As an attempt to salvage something from the burning ashes it hasn't gone well has it? :)

Burning ashes? High rates of rollout and low rates of overall mortality. The attempts to paint it as otherwise are, whats the word, "confused"

• Advertisement

You're just trying to distract, when the real issue is that Murphy went to his mates in the IRA to get the low-down on the abduction and murder and refuses to tell us, or the victim's family, what they actually said.

Are you ignoring what I said?

He is under no onus to tell us or the family.
    It is dangerous and irresponsible to do so when there is an ongoing inquiry.

Now can you tell us why he has not been charged with withholding information if what he knows is important to that inquiry? Or offer an opinion on why it might be that he hasn't been charged?

Advertisement