Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I don't understand a word you are saying

not too sure why exactly, but that doesnt surprise me in the least

see, the loyalists are wrecking the place in the north so the lads here are clutching at whatever straws they can to get a good oul SF gossip circle going to divert attention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

As an attempt to salvage something from the burning ashes it hasn't gone well has it? :)

"Other countries are doing side deals while the Government sits on its hands. Germany has done a deal with Pfizer, as has Denmark. Austria has followed suit. Slovakia and Czechia have signed up for Sputnik V, the Russian vaccine."
    Brian Stanley SF

Ireland running ahead of Denmark in cumulative vaccine rates.
    And marginally ahead of Austria too.
    Ireland is ahead of Germany in cumulative rates
    Ireland is ahead of Czechia and Slovakia

maccored wrote: »
    see, the loyalists are wrecking the place in the north so the lads here are clutching at whatever straws they can to get a good oul SF gossip circle going to divert attention

The loyalists were given promises that were broken. As we have learned tonight, that legitimizes their actions

• Registered Users Posts: 68,850 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

"Other countries are doing side deals while the Government sits on its hands. Germany has done a deal with Pfizer, as has Denmark. Austria has followed suit. Slovakia and Czechia have signed up for Sputnik V, the Russian vaccine."
    Brian Stanley SF

Ireland running ahead of Denmark in cumulative vaccine rates.
    And marginally ahead of Austria too.
    Ireland is ahead of Germany in cumulative rates
    Ireland is ahead of Czechia and Slovakia

I couldn't care less what other countries are doing. I am quite able to look at this country and listen to real people talking about the rollout.

Neale Richmond is getting a new one torn on the Tonight show and none of those doing it are 'Shinners'.

• Advertisement

I couldn't care less what other countries are doing. I am quite able to look at this country and listen to real people talking about the rollout.

Neale Richmond is getting a new one torn on the Tonight show and none of those doing it are 'Shinners'.

Deluded people talking balls you mean

He is under no onus to tell us or the family.

Ive isolated the important line here.

We're talking about a public representative with information on a particularly brutal murder.

I know the mods have no love for the line that this is not a normal party, but for christs sake it has to be fair comment when you think about the mentality at play here.

The loyalists were given promises that were broken. As we have learned tonight, that legitimizes their actions

the loyalists voted for something then didnt like it and decided to throw the toys out of the pram - same old same old from the same old same old. i was just noting that the usual crowd who are in here giving out about the shinners are remaining very quiet about the loyalists

We're talking about a public representative with information on a particularly brutal murder.

I know the mods have no love for the line that this is not a normal party, but for christs sake it has to be fair comment when you think about the mentality at play here.

You want a public rep to name people involved in a murder before any charges or a trial? Are you for real here?

Any chance any f you can offer an opinion on why he has not been charged with withholding information if he has information pertinent to securing a conviction?

The answer is staring you in the face, unless you want to go with some more farcical collusion corruption claim about the PSNI...good luck with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Expect no joy on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Are you ignoring what I said?

He is under no onus to tell us or the family.
    It is dangerous and irresponsible to do so when there is an ongoing inquiry.

Now can you tell us why he has not been charged with withholding information if what he knows is important to that inquiry? Or offer an opinion on why it might be that he hasn't been charged?

Why do you keep asking questions that have been answered before many times?

Is it some kind of debating tactic to pretend that an issue hasn’t been explained before?

I am completely mystified by your approach.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    We have been through this nonsense before.

We know that Conor Murphy has been withholding evidence, however, until it can be proven what evidence in particular he withheld, no charges can be brought. That is why it is so difficult to bring charges under this legislation.

The dogs in the street know that Murphy is withholding evidence, but just because that isn't sufficient to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, doesn't stop anyone from holding the reasonable opinion, based on available evidence, that Conor Murphy is either afraid of being called a tout by the PIRA or is callously unconcerned about Paul Quinn's family. Either doesn't leave him in a good light.

You want a public rep to name people involved in a murder before any charges or a trial? Are you for real here?

Any chance any f you can offer an opinion on why he has not been charged with withholding information if he has information pertinent to securing a conviction?

The answer is staring you in the face, unless you want to go with some more farcical collusion corruption claim about the PSNI...good luck with that one.

No, we want him to tell the PSNI the identities of the people who told him the IRA were not involved, it is as simple as that.

I cannot envisage any politician down here refusing to do this in similar circumstances. Truly, Sinn Fein cannot be a normal party if they allow this kind of behaviour.

Is it some kind of debating tactic to pretend that an issue hasn’t been explained before?

Because that is nothing but your opinion.

You shout for him to tell what he knows, because it is relevant, then in the next breath, because it suits, you don't know if it is relevant or not.

NO public rep should name anybody publically during an ongoing investigation. It is irresponsible and dangerous and could prejudice any trial.

No, we want him to tell the PSNI the identities of the people who told him the IRA were not involved, it is as simple as that.

I cannot envisage any politician down here refusing to do this in similar circumstances. Truly, Sinn Fein cannot be a normal party if they allow this kind of behaviour.

The PSNI and The IMC know the IRA was not involved, the IMC have clearly said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The PSNI and The IMC know the IRA was not involved, the IMC have clearly said it.

Doesn't matter Francie, latest from FG supporters is that the PSNI are in cahoots with the nasty Shinners.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Doesn't matter Francie, latest from FG supporters is that the PSNI are in cahoots with the nasty Shinners.

The same dangerous unbacked up stuff Jim Allister and the DUP are feeding those kids throwing petrol bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Arent the Loyalist youths just taking a leaf out of the PIRA/SF playbook?
    Can't get your way through democracy so just break **** and set stuff on fire?

markodaly wrote: »

SF living in FG heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

O’Neill and McDonald have to take the hit on this.

Showed very poor judgement, they wanted to have their day with a show of strength and this is the result.

I’m afraid they need to come out now along with big Pearse and for once fess up and take responsibility.

Their positions are untenable in my opinion given the obvious fall out.

#dotherightthing

Showed very poor judgement, they wanted to have their day with a show of strength and this is the result.

I’m afraid they need to come out now along with big Pearse and for once fess up and take responsibility.

#dotherightthing
    Hi Arlene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Arlene Foster and her ilk are the cause of this mayhem up North right now...

Horrible bunch.

are you pretending that nationalists ever got the chance to properly vote on anything that caused them to riot? the DUP agreed to what their supporters are now rioting against. nothing like anything SF or the PIRA ever got up to

You now have nationalists responding to loyalist goading. You should just go live there rather than pretend you know what youre talking about

with holding evidence? What are the PSNI doing about that - or are you only assuming he's with holding evidence.

Dont tell me - SF and the PSNI are in cahoots. that moreso than you making things up.

Whose playbook did they take it out of Mark, only the FG FF one.

Are you unable to just condemn violence without using the shinner crutch?

Because that is nothing but your opinion.

You shout for him to tell what he knows, because it is relevant, then in the next breath, because it suits, you don't know if it is relevant or not.

NO public rep should name anybody publically during an ongoing investigation. It is irresponsible and dangerous and could prejudice any trial.

You are spinning my posts now!!

Nobody asked for him to name anybody publicly, all that is being asked is that he gives a public statement confirming that he has been in touch with the PSNI and given them the names of the people he met in connection with his enquiries into the murder of Paul Quinn.

The only reasons not for doing so is that he made the whole thing up or like Gerry, when he needed to consult the PIRA, he talked to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Hi Arlene

All people who criticize SF must be FG or DUP or FF?

That's a pretty wide (and contradictory) net you are casting, but statistically speaking you are going to be sometimes correct since FF and FG between them account have about 40% support in the Republic of Ireland while the DUP have about 28% support in Northern Ireland.

But I think it is important to remember that Murphy talked to his palls in the IRA about torture and murder, changed his story about the victim last year, and refuses to tell us what his IRA mates told him (despite the fact that it was conclusive enough for him to say that they weren't involved). Some people don't think that's important but I think it is important that a sitting Sinn Fein MLA did this.

You are spinning my posts now!!

Nobody asked for him to name anybody publicly, all that is being asked is that he gives a public statement confirming that he has been in touch with the PSNI and given them the names of the people he met in connection with his enquiries into the murder of Paul Quinn.

The only reasons not for doing so is that he made the whole thing up or like Gerry, when he needed to consult the PIRA, he talked to himself.

That is a complete pivot from what was being asked.

Can you link to where the PSNI have said he has or has not been in touch with them.

Can you tell us who the IMC 'talked to' and 'what was said' for them to decide that the IRA were not involved?

That is a complete pivot from what was being asked.

Can you link to where the PSNI have said he has or has not been in touch with them.

Can you tell us who the IMC 'talked to' and 'what was said' for them to decide that the IRA were not involved?

The IMC rely on their sources, the same sources that were originally telling everyone that Paul Quinn was involved in criminality and that it was only a criminal matter. That was quickly discredited and all involved including Bertie Ahern (with the sole exception of Conor Murphy) have backed down and apologised.

So on this occasion, on tihs issue, the IMC have little credibility.

#dotherightthing

O'Neill and Murphy have been censored in a democratic vote of the NI Assembly, yet they have refused to step down. Ignoring democracy is not a good look, and they need to show leadership and resign.

It is not a bit strange to see Sinn Fein apologists avoid a discussion of this.

• Advertisement

The IMC rely on their sources, the same sources that were originally telling everyone that Paul Quinn was involved in criminality and that it was only a criminal matter. That was quickly discredited and all involved including Bertie Ahern (with the sole exception of Conor Murphy) have backed down and apologised.

So on this occasion, on tihs issue, the IMC have little credibility.

There we have it.

PSNI - Corrupt
    PPS - Corrupt
    IMC - Corrupt.

Can you give your sources on where the IMC got their info?

Advertisement