Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What?

Makes no sense to me. Go again maybe Brendan.

It’s a reply to your post Francis outlining how you decry whataboutery on ‘opposition’ posts but embrace it when your own party are being criticized.

Not too difficult I would have thought.

The second part is an analysis of how the derivation of the word ‘mistake’ has evolved recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

FG and FF were born out of the exact same violence. the 'violence of yesteryear' as you quaintly call it.

FG didnt exist then and it is changing the goal posts.

FG and FF have nothing to do with last nights riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It’s a reply to your post Francis outlining how you decry whataboutery on ‘opposition’ posts but embrace it when your own party are being criticized.

Not too difficult I would have thought.

The second part is an analysis of how the derivation of the word ‘mistake’ has evolved recently.

How is looking at how other regulation breaking has been treated and largely forgotten about, 'whataboutery'?

I don't think what happened at Storey's funeral was a deliberate flouting of the law. Can't apologise for that. It was a mistake therefore. And at the risk of whataboutery, I don't think it was deliberate flouting of the law in the other cases either, hence me not looking for resignations or career enders.

Consistency, you should try it sometime.

markodaly wrote: »
    FG didnt exist then and it is changing the goal posts.

FG and FF have nothing to do with last nights riots.

Do you understand what the phrase 'born out of' means?

The men and women responsible for using violence went on to form FF and FG.

The modern IRA were doing the exact same thing.

Playbooks etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I said from the start it was a mistake and shouldn't have happened. From my very first post on the issue.
    Golfgate was a mistake.
    The Garda Funeral was a mistake.
    Several Loyalist funerals were a mistake.
    The SDLP funelral was a mistake.
    Etc etc etc.

People have made mistakes around Covid regulations.

What SDLP funeral was a mistake?

The problem with your long list of whataboutery is the usual one of equating things as being the same.

Just like sins can be venial or mortal, mistakes can be trivial or extremely serious. It is now clear that the Bobby Storey funeral was a mistake of the utmost seriousness, and a political price needs to be paid. It was also the first of the funerals you mention in the North and set the very bad example.

Interesting that you mention Golfgate where a political price was paid, where the one that knew or should have known what the law was - Dara Calleary - fell on his sword. Applying the same logic to the Storey funeral - and using your whataboutery - means that Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy should resign. Mary-Lou and Pearse can get a pass as they can't be expected to know about NI law when they barely know about law in the South.

In the interests of peace, it is time for O'Neill and Murphy to go, their position is no longer tenable.

• Advertisement

Do you understand what the phrase 'born out of' means?

The men and women responsible for using violence went on to form FF and FG.

The modern IRA were doing the exact same thing.

Playbooks etc etc.

Ah, will you stop, next we will hearing about 800 years of oppression and other ancient history. The PIRA were not noble freedom fighters, they were common thugs and criminals who terrorised their own communities and inflicted damage on so many people to zero effect.

blanch152 wrote: »
    What SDLP funeral was a mistake?

Which funeral are these taken at? John Hume's or Bobby Storey's? You may know the difference but a virus doesn't care.

Ex1QwDwXMAw4cuD?format=jpg&name=large
    The problem with your long list of whataboutery is the usual one of equating things as being the same.

Just like sins can be venial or mortal, mistakes can be trivial or extremely serious. It is now clear that the Bobby Storey funeral was a mistake of the utmost seriousness, and a political price needs to be paid. It was also the first of the funerals you mention in the North and set the very bad example.

Interesting that you mention Golfgate where a political price was paid, where the one that knew or should have known what the law was - Dara Calleary - fell on his sword. Applying the same logic to the Storey funeral - and using your whataboutery - means that Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy should resign. Mary-Lou and Pearse can get a pass as they can't be expected to know about NI law when they barely know about law in the South.

In the interests of peace, it is time for O'Neill and Murphy to go, their position is no longer tenable.

The rumour has it that the FFer's resigned because FG requested it.

Whatever happened, it was neither requested by nor expected by me.

Ah, will you stop, next we will hearing about 800 years of oppression and other ancient history. The PIRA were not noble freedom fighters, they were common thugs and criminals who terrorised their own communities and inflicted damage on so many people to zero effect.

Your 'noble freedom fighters' used violence in just the same way as the IRA used it.

The IRA didn't originate violence or warfare.

The rumour has it that the FFer's resigned because FG requested it.

Whatever happened, it was neither requested by nor expected by me.

Rumour? Well, there was a democratic vote of the NI Assembly which Sinn Fein ignored. The problem with that is that when one side rejects democracy as Sinn Fein did, the other side, being extreme unionism, followed on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Your 'noble freedom fighters' used violence in just the same way as the IRA used it.

The IRA didn't originate violence or warfare.

they did originate taxing drug dealers, fuel and cigarette smuggling , out sourcing their skills to Columbian drug traffickers , protecting and facilitation of paedophiles and rapists for political gain. proxy bombing was a clever one too among others .

don't claim ye are a normal legitimate party Francie , its a sad a weak lie

• Advertisement

Rumour? Well, there was a democratic vote of the NI Assembly which Sinn Fein ignored. The problem with that is that when one side rejects democracy as Sinn Fein did, the other side, being extreme unionism, followed on.

Rejecting democracy???

SF agree that the funeral was wrong and that they were wrong. They were censured by the Executive.

The FFers resigned after internal measures were taken reputedly at the behest of FG.

BTW A police force and PPS making independent decisions are a part of democracy as well.

they did originate taxing drug dealers, fuel and cigarette smuggling , out sourcing their skills to Columbian drug traffickers , protecting and facilitation of paedophiles and rapists for political gain. proxy bombing was a clever one too among others .

don't claim ye are a normal legitimate party Francie , its a sad a weak lie

Any political party that receives a mandate from the electorate is legitimate. There is no veto for anyone over another's mandate.

Any political party that receives a mandate from the electorate is legitimate. There is no veto for anyone over another's mandate.

you forget to cover the violence in your diversionary reply

you forget to cover the violence in your diversionary reply

Did you miss the fact that the north was a conflict/war zone for 40 years of it's 100 years of existence?

Did you miss the fact that the north was a conflict/war zone for 40 years of it's 100 years of existence?

no I noticed that francie

in fact they are still hiding some of the body's from the family's for some reason

not even a normal war , ill post this again or you

no I noticed that francie

in fact they are still hiding some of the body's from the family's for some reason

not even a normal war , ill post this again or you

Did you also miss the GFA and the commitments made in it and that were signed up to? Did you miss the ICLVR stating that they believed the IRA had lived up to their commitments to finding the remains of victims?
    Do you realise who it is who refuses to take part in a Truth Recovery process.

Swim Ireland have more cases of paedophilia and rape than SF have.

SF are far from a normal party or a perfect party, if such a thing exists, given what they have evolved from and the conflict/war they went through.

But, by golly they have come a long way further than some and now command a legitimate mandate from the electorate who are people, just like you and I.

Did you also miss the GFA and the commitments made in it and that were signed up to? Did you miss the ICLVR stating that they believed the IRA had lived up to their commitments to finding the remains of victims?
    Do you realise who it is who refuses to take part in a Truth Recovery process.

Swim Ireland have more cases of paedophilia and rape than SF have.

SF are far from a normal party or a perfect party, if such a thing exists, given what they have evolved from and the conflict/war they went through.

But, by golly they have come a long way further than some and now command a legitimate mandate from the electorate who are people, just like you and I.

so no answer to the ongoing disappeared question

diversion and no answer to the peado and abusers in sf

no answer to the inventive terrorism inflicted on the country at the cost of innocents just more diversion .

come on francie your being give a chance here

explain why you think sf are anything other than a basic evolution of a active criminal and terrorist organisation

no answer to the inventive terrorism inflicted on the country at the cost of innocents just more diversion .

explain why you think sf are anything other than a basic evolution of a active criminal and terrorist organisation

:D:D This is funny stuff.

If people were not allowed to evolve out of conflict/war in this country, there would be NO political parties.

The conflict/war is over Stevo. You may get used to SF being around because they are not going anywhere that I can see.

All you can do is use your vote.

If people were not allowed to evolve out of conflict/war in this country, there would be NO political parties.

The conflict/war is over Stevo. You may get used to SF being around because they are not going anywhere that I can see.

I doubt the victims of your party think its so funny francie

or the communities that is poisoned and continues to poison

but its nice for you that you get a giggle out of it

I doubt the victims of your party think its so funny francie

or the communities that is poisoned and continues to poison

but its nice for you that you get a giggle out of it

I was giggling at the absolute arrogance dripping off 'come on francie your being give a chance here'.

:):)

• Advertisement

I don't find any of it funny.

That sort of dismissal of the other side is why Sinn Fein and their supporters are the wrong people to have involved in government anywhere.

I was giggling at the absolute arrogance dripping off 'come on francie your being give a chance here'.

:):)

as opposed to your usual evasion and diversion tactic from the party hand book

obviously wasted on you

as opposed to your usual evasion and diversion tactic from the party hand book

obviously wasted on you

What have I evaded exactly?

I have discussed at length everything you mentioned in your 'list' on this site.

What have I evaded exactly?

I have discussed at length everything you mentioned in your 'list' on this site.

ok we will start with a simple one

why does sf refuse to return the body's of the disappeared to their family's

ok we will start with a simple one

why does sf refuse to return the body's of the disappeared to their family's

You mean the IRA.

Have a read. As they have to a Truth Commission the IRA made a commitment, they lived up to their committment to work with the ICVLR, I have no reason to believe they wouldn't in a Truth Recovery process which is open and transparent and involves ALL the players.

Leadership has been described as: Crucial…once the Republican leadership – both Sinn Féin and the IRA – engaged with this issue properly and created their own structures in order to manage it, that’s when the issue begins to be resolved…It doesn’t work until you have that top-down commitment to making it work. So it’s absolutely central.

http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/globalassets/documents/raise/knowledge_exchange/briefing_papers/series7/dempster180418.pdf

You mean the IRA.

Have a read. As they have to a Truth Commission the IRA made a commitment, they lived up to their committment to work with the ICVLR, I have no reason to believe they wouldn't in a Truth Recovery process which is open and transparent and involves ALL the players.

http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/globalassets/documents/raise/knowledge_exchange/briefing_papers/series7/dempster180418.pdf

no , I mean sf

no , I mean sf

Sorry, I am done engaging with you on this.

I have answered in a mature reasonable way with back-up. Get back to me when you want to engage properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Who are the paedophiles on SF? Try be specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

smurgen wrote: »
    Who are the paedophiles on SF? Try be specific.

TMcM. Oh sorry, that was murder, not rape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

It was Liam Adams I was thinking about. Hard to keep track of who did what.

Advertisement