Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

What a great way to get people to vote for you.

Do you stop to think before posting?

or to stop people from publicly being critical of their organisation .

they wouldn't do that would they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

or to stop people from publicly being critical of their organisation .

they wouldn't do that would they ?

Yeh, that is really noticeable alright...nobody criticises SF publically at all, at all. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

an organisation that has many "former" terrorists and criminals in its ranks looking for peoples address's ?

sure that's not of concern to anyone

its just another facet of sf that retains its sinister terrorist aspects

Electoral register is available online and in public libraries. Really tinfoil hat stuff frightening some folks around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Electoral register is available online and in public libraries. Really tinfoil hat stuff frightening some folks around here.

This is not the election register though.

Bambi wrote: »
    This is not the election register though.

I know that. But some lads on here seem to think the Shinners need to trawl FB to get addresses.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    If clowns wish to post personal info on social media freely, it's not really SF or any other entities fault if they wish to harvest it and use it.

Sher nothing SF do is SF's fault

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The desperation stakes and manufactured outrage seems to be dialed up to 10 this week. Must be something big about to drop.

Sher nothing SF do is SF's fault

Do you think it's just SF collecting info on FB? Very naive if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I agree there may be GDPR issues,

There is no 'may' about it. This is an absolute clear breach of GDPR.
    Data mining from Facebook and the electoral registry and chucking this data into your own private database, for private party use, use that no one has given permission to, is a clear breach of GDPR.

Anyone that has data belonging to you HAS to be upfront about it and if requested, they should delete that data ASAP when requested.

I hope the data protection regulator takes them to the cleaners.

markodaly wrote: »
    There is no 'may' about it. This is an absolute clear breach of GDPR.
    Data mining from Facebook and the electoral registry and chucking this data into your own private database, for private party use, use that no one has given permission to, is a clear breach of GDPR.

Anyone that has data belonging to you HAS to be upfront about it and if requested, they should delete that data ASAP when requested.

I hope the data protection regulator takes them to the cleaners.

I get addressed mail from all the major parties. Perhaps time to have a look at this. Rap a few knuckles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Over 7000 of the membership wanted Coveney, just over 3000 wanted Leo.

FG has no interest in what the members want. FACT, as can be seen from the numbers. What other parties do or don't do, doesn't change that fact.

Have you for the breakdown of membership votes electing Mary Lou? I'm struggling to find it online and who she ran against.

Is the leader voted by membership only in SF or is it an electoral collage type voting system?

Have you for the breakdown of membership votes electing Mary Lou? I'm struggling to find it online and who she ran against.

Is the leader voted by membership only in SF or is it an electoral collage type voting system?

A member of SF explained here awhile back how it is done. It's a branch nomination process afaik.

A member of SF explained here awhile back how it is done. It's a branch nomination process afaik.

Would be interested to see the explanation. Like your reply it does not appear to be very transparent. Can you point me to the SF member who poster it here?

It’s decided by Ted Howell, Gerry Kelly, Adams, Slab, and a few others. I’d say the ‘delegates’ from Dublin North West and Kerry had a say as well. Of course Bobby was involved before he popped his clogs.

Would be interested to see the explanation. Like your reply it does not appear to be very transparent. Can you point me to the SF member who poster it here?

No I can't. It was a while ago.

I get addressed mail from all the major parties. Perhaps time to have a look at this. Rap a few knuckles.

Divert away, but this is an SF issue when they release a handbook internally stating their members to 'elicit' home addresses of people, to chuck into their own private database.

Anyone who provides such information must be given all the T&C's of what and how their data is treated. I doubt some dude on Facebook is going to do that.

These types of posts are often a 'I don't want to have to explain negative news'.

It is true of course. Some of the boys in West Belfast decided who the next president of SF was going to be. The general membership had zero say.

#Notanormalparty.

Divert away, but this is an SF issue when they release a handbook internally stating their members to 'elicit' home addresses of people, to chuck into their own private database.

Anyone who provides such information must be given all the T&C's of what and how their data is treated. I doubt some dude on Facebook is going to do that.

That's why I said there may be GDPR issues.

Why bother reference it in that case? Just say you don't know how the leader of SF is elected and leave it there instead of deflecting.

These types of posts are often a 'I don't want to have to explain negative news'.

It is true of course. Some of the boys in West Belfast decided who the next president of SF was going to be. The general membership had zero say.

#Notanormalparty.

Any back up for that Mark?

• Advertisement

Why bother reference it in that case? Just say you don't know how the leader of SF is elected and leave it there instead of deflecting.

I had no reason to disbelieve the poster.

That's why I said there may be GDPR issues.

There IS GDPR issues. Not 'may' about it.
    When data is collected, data subjects must be clearly informed about the extent of data collection, the legal basis for processing of personal data, how long data is retained, if data is being transferred to a third-party and/or outside the EU, and any automated decision-making that is made on a solely algorithmic basis. Data subjects must be informed of their privacy rights under the GDPR, including their right to revoke consent to data processing at any time, their right to view their personal data and access an overview of how it is being processed, their right to obtain a portable copy of the stored data, their right to erasure of their data under certain circumstances, their right to contest any automated decision-making that was made on a solely algorithmic basis, and their right to file complaints with a Data Protection Authority. As such, the data subject must also be provided with contact details for the data controller and their designated data protection officer, where applicable.[26][27]

Also, just off the top of my head, does everyone accessing the private Database have training in GDPR? I doubt.

Was there an open vote from SF membership?

The whole coronation of MLMD was very secretive. Backroom stuff as is part of the course for SF.

I had no reason to disbelieve the poster.

Have you any reason to disbelieve this poster?

It’s decided by Ted Howell, Gerry Kelly, Adams, Slab, and a few others. I’d say the ‘delegates’ from Dublin North West and Kerry had a say as well. Of course Bobby was involved before he popped his clogs.

There IS GDPR issues. Not 'may' about it.

Also, just off the top of my head, does everyone accessing the private Database have training in GDPR? I doubt.

So, I cannot remember anyone informing me from other parties that they had my data.

Should be looked into and raps on knuckles/fines administered.

Have you any reason to disbelieve this poster?

Yes. The idea that a party the size of SF would have voluntary members who would tolerate that.

The poster I mentioned explained the process in a calm and reasoned way without sensationalist redtop tropes.

Yes. The idea that a party the size of SF would have voluntary members who would tolerate that.

The poster I mentioned explained the process in a calm and reasoned way without sensationalist redtop tropes.

The poster you mentioned has not been named yet. Who was the poster?

Would like to read the process for myself.

The poster you mentioned has not been named yet. Who was the poster?

Would like to read the process for myself.

I have a vague memory of who it was...they still post. They might contribute again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You just said a few minutes ago that you hadn't a clue about how SF elect leaders.

Why would you challenge someone else on their knowledge. He made a statement putting forward an opinion. You have no information to contradict it as you have admitted, so why don't you accept it?

• Advertisement

I have a vague memory of who it was...they still post. They might contribute again.

Amazing you have a vivid memory of what they post though down to the exact wording.

Very hard to take poster serious when it's this constant deflection and spin. Good night.

Advertisement