Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

Its ok to say you dont know Francie

Of course that would leave a problem someone raised about SF without an immediate deflection that doesnt actually resolve the problem

And god help us that would set off all sorts of alarms in serbia or wherever no doubt

Even if you believe the preposterous suggestion that party grunts actually have a say in the election of the leader then you have to deal with the reality that Mary Lou was the only candidate for the job. Remarkable.

The lads in the Felons Club decided she was the next President and that’s that. Everyone knows that. Denying that is real Comical Ali stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So, I cannot remember anyone informing me from other parties that they had my data.

Should be looked into and raps on knuckles/fines administered.

Write to the Data Protection Commissioner if you are so concerned.
    You can add the latest revelation by SF as your motivation to getting onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Amazing you have a vivid memory of what they post though down to the exact wording.

Very hard to take poster serious when it's this constant deflection and spin. Good night.

Vivid? Exact wording? :):) you guys sure love the inventions.
    It was a long explanation of which I can remember precisely:

It's a branch nomination process afaik.

Sorry you are upset, that's all I can remember.

markodaly wrote: »
    Write to the Data Protection Commissioner if you are so concerned.
    You can add the latest revelation by SF as your motivation to getting onto them.

I am not concerned in the slightest tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So the West Belfast branch nominates, and all others nod in agreement for fear of losing their kneecaps, have I got the process right?

markodaly wrote: »
    There is no 'may' about it. This is an absolute clear breach of GDPR.
    Data mining from Facebook and the electoral registry and chucking this data into your own private database, for private party use, use that no one has given permission to, is a clear breach of GDPR.

Anyone that has data belonging to you HAS to be upfront about it and if requested, they should delete that data ASAP when requested.

I hope the data protection regulator takes them to the cleaners.

It is worse if this data has been transferred to Serbia for processing there.

That is an unforgiveable breach of GDPR.

Hope those two SF supporters in Serbia were too busy to access the file.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I have no idea what you mean by "you guys"

Do you mean people who ask questions about SF?

Well you know there's only two groups that matter in a """conflict"""

With us or against us

Its great because anything you do then is justifiable

I have no idea what you mean by "you guys"

Do you mean people who ask questions about SF?

No, people who invent things like 'vivid memories' and 'exact words'. those 'guys'.

• Advertisement

Well you know there's only two groups that matter in a """conflict"""

With us or against us

Its great because anything you do then is justifiable

You also need to remember that Sinn Féin’s constitution does not recognise the Irish state established in 1922, its defences forces or its 1937 constitution.

They don’t publish their constitution on their website of course.

No, people who invent things like 'vivid memories' and 'exact words'. those 'guys'.

Are they any worse than the "vague memories" and "might posts here again" people?

Are they any worse than the "vague memories" and "might posts here again" people?

I answered you as honestly as I could. Got nothing but abuse.

I answered you as honestly as I could. Got nothing but abuse.

You sure did and thanks for that. It showed how when asked a straight question you deflected and tried to spin and use fictional posts\posters to make a point.

If you want to show the abuse you got from me please point it out.

You also need to remember that Sinn Féin’s constitution does not recognise the Irish state established in 1922, its defences forces or its 1937 constitution.

They don’t publish their constitution on their website of course.

I dont think anyone reading the tone of many of the sf posts in this thread could have any illusions about the contempt a significant strain of the party have for the 'free state' tbh

You sure did and thanks for that. It showed how when asked a straight question you deflected and tried to spin and use fictional posts\posters to make a point.

If you want to show the abuse you got from me please point it out.

You are calling me a liar with the 'fictional poster; comment, you invent a 'vivid memory' and 'exact words' to have a pop at me. Seems fairly abusive by anyone's reckoning.

Take it handy, I'll know for again.

You are calling me a liar with the 'fictional poster; comment, you invent a 'vivid memory' and 'exact words' to have a pop at me. Seems fairly abusive by anyone's reckoning.

Take it handy, I'll know for again.

Sure just link the post you were referring to and that will clear it all up.

Also I never called you a liar just find your posts a bit fictional at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I know that. But some lads on here seem to think the Shinners need to trawl FB to get addresses.

It is a sickening wonder about the Election Register - but even worse about the tables set at Election Polls. Different tables, different areas, so they know where voted for who.

Even worse, Local Area Councillors who abnegate local voters totally over to Sinn Fein. The Local Area Councillors can be v.rotten.
    They give Sinn Fein carte blanche, on the kute understanding with Sinn Fein that Sinn Fein never take or interfere with the other Councillors' smaller turf.

Yawn, i didnt have to go back two pages to find you saying to a poster that they were using "sensationalist redtop tropes" which is no more nor less the level you are on yr high horse about as soon as two things come up that require diversion because there's no answer

Again its probably ok to see what sf come up with here about these issues, you dont actually need to make the thread unworkable just because you dont have the responses right in front of you just for the minute

Sure just link the post you were referring to and that will clear it all up.

Also I never called you a liar just find your posts a bit fictional at times.

There you go again.

I answered honestly to be more or less accused of lying.

Let's just leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Can we, therefore, agree that MLMD was coronated by the boys in West Belfast and no other member of SF had a say?

There you go again.

I answered honestly to be more or less accused of lying.

Let's just leave it there.

I asked how was the leader of SF elected. You don't appear to know as does anyone else it seems.

You then went on to reference a random reply which you can't actually post to show it's genuine.

Your right let's leave it there if you think you answered anything honestly during this debate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

OK the last few pages of this thread have been pure nonsense

Francie, drop the trolling or you can take a break from this thread. Everyone else let's move on please

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

I asked how was the leader of SF elected. You don't appear to know as does anyone else it seems.

You then went on to reference a random reply which you can't actually post to show it's genuine.

Your right let's leave it there if you think you answered anything honestly during this debate.

Does 'elected' mean there were Opponents in an election?

If so, name the Opponents.

Recently I read, that Gerry Adams was 'Elected'.... 30 times!^*!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/lawto-stop-social-media-management-abroad-for-political-parties-after-sinn-fein-revelations-40301728.html

"He wants to ban parties from transferring funding or resources from branches of their organisation based outside of Ireland into the State for electoral purposes.

The new legislation will mean any transfer of “money or resources” will be treated as a political donation that will limit the amount parties can transfer between their organisation to €2,500."

This is good news. It is very wrong for political organisations outside the State to be able to buy influence in the State in this way.

"It is also aimed at banning politicians from receiving training or political advice paid for by units of their party based outside of the country.

It will also prohibit parties from commissioning and paying for political research outside of the State and transferring the findings to operations in the country.

It will also stop parties from deploying paid party officials based in other countries to campaign during elections in Ireland."

These measures are also welcome as no State should have their politics influenced by outsiders. The murky role played by FOSF in the US should become clearer thanks to this legislation.

Does 'elected' mean there were Opponents in an election?

If so, name the Opponents.

Recently I read, that Gerry Adams was 'Elected'.... 30 times!^*!

I think he is up there with Stalin, Castro and Kim Il Sung for longest serving political party leader.

Good company for Gerry.

Excellent news. Parties shouldn’t be allowed use ‘creative accounting’, the border, and overseas ‘party activists’ to undermine the democratic processes of the Irish State.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

More slates being lifted......not before their time.

At last we are exposing the pale flanks of those operating the levers in the Stygian darkness of the netherworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/lawto-stop-social-media-management-abroad-for-political-parties-after-sinn-fein-revelations-40301728.html

"He wants to ban parties from transferring funding or resources from branches of their organisation based outside of Ireland into the State for electoral purposes.

The new legislation will mean any transfer of “money or resources” will be treated as a political donation that will limit the amount parties can transfer between their organisation to €2,500."

This is good news. It is very wrong for political organisations outside the State to be able to buy influence in the State in this way.

"It is also aimed at banning politicians from receiving training or political advice paid for by units of their party based outside of the country.

It will also prohibit parties from commissioning and paying for political research outside of the State and transferring the findings to operations in the country.

It will also stop parties from deploying paid party officials based in other countries to campaign during elections in Ireland."

These measures are also welcome as no State should have their politics influenced by outsiders. The murky role played by FOSF in the US should become clearer thanks to this legislation.

I'm glad to see you've come around to the threat of foreign interference in our state via funding

I assume you're in favour of foreign religious organisations (hello Muslim Bortherhood) and commerical entities being similarly restricted in pumping money into this country in order to prevent outsiders interefering in our state

Or NGOs having political donation limits placed on the funds that government allocate to them from our taxes?

Or the EU being prevented from attaching political conditions to their COVID relief package?

Its all outsiders meddling in our affairs via finances so you must be agin it right?

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    I'm glad to see you've come around to the threat of foreign interference in our state via funding

I assume you're in favour of foreign religious organisations (hello Muslim Bortherhood) and commerical entities being similarly restricted in pumping money into this country in order to prevent outsiders interefering in our state

Or NGOs having political donation limits placed on the funds that government allocate to them from our taxes?

Or the EU being prevented from attaching political conditions to their COVID relief package?

Its all outsiders meddling in our affairs via finances so you must be agin it right?

This whataboutery is exactly why Sinn Fein are a threat to our democracy.

They don't realise or understand the difference between foreign money being pumped into the democratic processes of elections on the one hand and commercial undertakings on the other. A state's democracy is corrupt if foreign money and organisations can interfere in elections.

That there is resistance to stamping it out says it all about corruption and Sinn Fein.

Advertisement