Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eireholidays

Just shows how much you know about trade talks. They don’t take place in public over a bowl of shamrock!

Correct, Since the pandemic hit the majority are done over Zoom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

And on the 1pm News the WHO is warning that thinking the vaccine allows you to drop your guard is wrong and unwise.
    But, let's ignore the warning and persist with this trip...what message does that send?

Exactly the same message SF were rightly accused of sending when they made the mistake of attending the funeral.

He's not going on a piss up to the Canaries or using a funeral to soapbox / placate knuckle draggers who want to lionize a scumbag terrorist.

Would you agree this is more important that giving a SF rep who probably never even met BS a selfie with MON and some airsoft guns?

jh79 wrote: »
    He's not going on a piss up to the Canaries or using a funeral to soapbox / placate knuckle draggers who want to lionize a scumbag terrorist.

Would you agree this is more important that giving a SF rep who probably never even met BS a selfie with MON and some airsoft guns?

Can you repeat that statement in English please?

And what has Martin O Neill got to do with anything, he was sacked a few years ago now, although his tactics would have thrown John Walters head first into Covid

Can you repeat that statement in English please?

And what has Martin O Neill got to do with anything, he was sacked a few years ago now, although his tactics would have thrown John Walters head first into Covid

It's common enough to use initials here. MON is Michelle O'Neil, leader of the UK /British branch of SF. The sperate entity that could accept a donation of 4 million.

A SF rep from Lucan had pictures of selfies with her and posing with airsoft guns (guns are culturally significant to SF members) on his social media.

It was a big story at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Can yous set a minimum requirement for him to meet,to.justify this trip and if he deosnt meet your minimum requirement (say x amount of fdi secured),should he resign??

I think social interactions should be kept to a minimum during a pandemic is vital,hence how i have no issue comdemning this funeral or garda horken funeral either.....can same be said for ffg supporters as regards condemning both??

The part in bold shows a complete lack of understanding of diplomacy and inter-governmental discussions. Tangible outcomes are not always clear.

For example, if Martin gets a private commitment from Biden that the US will support Ireland behind the scenes on the NI Protocol, Martin is not going to be in a position to come back here and tell you all about it. That would defeat the whole purpose of the thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well give Biden and Samantha Power time and they'll be bombing people into the acceptance of their gifts (aka terrorising some part of the world) as they do.

Government policy defended on the basis of 'shure, look at what themun's did' is never a good idea jh79

Well give Biden and Samantha Power time and they'll be bombing people into the acceptance of their gifts (aka terrorising some part of the world) as they do.

Government policy defended on the basis of 'shure, look at what themun's did' is never a good idea jh79

In that case, maybe Michelle should change her mind and go, they will have much to discuss in common.

It's common enough to use initials here. MON is Michelle O'Neil, leader of the UK /British branch of SF. The sperate entity that could accept a donation of 4 million.

A SF rep from Lucan had pictures of selfies with her and posing with airsoft guns (guns are culturally significant to SF members) on his social media.

It was a big story at the time.

Ah Michelle, I dont call any lady by her initials. Yes 4 million which the party was very grateful for. Was anything illegal done or are ya just outraged that the election showed us Sinn Fein along with Fine Fail are the big 2 parties now?

Looks to me,yous are unable and unwilling to set a minimum requirement to justify this trip and have simply adbandoned the premise of it being about fdi??

Can this private commitment not be achieved via zoom??

Espially since biden has already spoken out quite strongly and publically about these issues regarding brexit and gfa,is there a need for this to be private??

It is about diplomacy, relationships with the US government, with US multinationals, with US leaders, and US media. An awful lot there, not just FDI.

blanch152 wrote: »
    In that case, maybe Michelle should change her mind and go, they will have much to discuss in common.

Since when has Michelle ever bombed anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Since when has Michelle ever bombed anyone?

Associating yourself with former terrorists is not a good look.

Ah Michelle, I dont call any lady by her initials. Yes 4 million which the party was very grateful for. Was anything illegal done or are ya just outraged that the election showed us Sinn Fein along with Fine Fail are the big 2 parties now?

As a British political party they are entitled to that money. As long as it is only spent by British SF I have no issue with it.

What countries do you approve of?

As a British political party they are entitled to that money. As long as it is only spent by British SF I have no issue with it.

They are not a British party though. NI is not part of Great Britain and they do not do their jobs (represent their area in parliment)

What countries do you approve of?

What?

'approve of a country'?

How or why would you do that and for what reason?

The poster stated that Michelle had bombed people. Was that a lie?

Is that allowed around here. Leo is a bomber

They are not a British party though. NI is not part of Great Britain and they do not do their jobs (represent their area in parliment)

I can see SIPO getting handed their arse on this whole thing. But maybe that is for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

lol

What?

'approve of a country'?

How or why would you do that and for what reason?

What point were you trying to make? That he should not go because of the wars the US are involved in?

What point were you trying to make? That he should not go because of the wars the US are involved in?

I'm worried about the wars Biden is planning to start.

• Advertisement

The poster stated that Michelle had bombed people. Was that a lie?

Is that allowed around here. Leo is a bomber

Where was that said?

Michelle supports the bombing of innocent civilians in places like Birmingham, Manchester, Canary Wharf, Brighton, Mullaghmore etc. She has never disassociated herself from those actions.

It was you that brought 'terrorists' into it. I pointed out that it wouldn't be long before Joe would be terrorising some part of the world. He was hardly a week in office and he was threatening Myanmar.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Where was that said?

Michelle supports the bombing of innocent civilians in places like Birmingham, Manchester, Canary Wharf, Brighton, Mullaghmore etc. She has never disassociated herself from those actions.

Has Joe disassociated himself from all the place the US has bombed? Has Micheál or Leo or Eamonn disassociated themselves from providing Shannon to help them?

We can do this nonsense all day.

It was you that brought 'terrorists' into it. I pointed out that it wouldn't be long before Joe would be terrorising some part of the world. He was hardly a week in office and he was threatening Myanmar.

I wonder do Jeep make tanks? He's certainly planning something with Jeep and China. He also used a load of Jeeps for his fake crowd at his fake rally that time.

You think the Military Dictatorship should be left to do their thing?

You think the Military Dictatorship should be left to do their thing?

I think America doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to climbing on to the high moral ground like some here do as well.

Where you see humanitarians, I see 'humanitarian hawks', i.e. they'll pick and choose selfishly, what to police. If you wish to pretend otherwise, go ahead.

I think America doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to climbing on to the high moral ground like some here do as well.

Where you see humanitarians, I see 'humanitarian hawks', i.e. they'll pick and choose selfishly, what to police. If you wish to pretend otherwise, go ahead.

I still not seeing the relevance to MM going to the US. SF have had many a strange bedfellow over the years yet you vote for them so don't see where your moral high ground comes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Has Joe disassociated himself from all the place the US has bombed? Has Micheál or Leo or Eamonn disassociated themselves from providing Shannon to help them?

We can do this nonsense all day.

Good lad Francie, quite content to let Saddam and Basshar bomb and poison their own people while you stand by and look because it doesn’t suit your agenda..

Kinda fits your attitude.

I still not seeing the relevance to MM going to the US. SF have had many a strange bedfellow over the years yet you vote for them so don't see where your moral high ground comes from?

What relevance does Michelle O'Neill and a funeral have to Micheál going on a trip in a level 5 lockdown got?

• Advertisement

Good lad Francie, quite content to let Saddam and Basshar bomb and poison their own people while you stand by and look because it doesn’t suit your agenda..

Kinda fits your attitude.

One could say you were quite content to let Unionism and the British oppress your own people Brendi. It was in fact what partitionists did and still do - look the other way.

Advertisement