Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

or efficient political parties? Not interested in parish rivalries?

The level of emotional sensationalism (including Philip Ryan) in this is hilarious. Even more so since we have discovered that other parties are not compliant either.

A 'secret' database which every member had access to and who could have told somebody outside the party about at any time????? God gimme strength! :)

You are stating that “every member had access to” the Abu database.
    Is this true and if so when was it revealed?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

or efficient political parties? Not interested in parish rivalries?

The level of emotional sensationalism (including Philip Ryan) in this is hilarious. Even more so since we have discovered that other parties are not compliant either.

A 'secret' database which every member had access to and who could have told somebody outside the party about at any time????? God gimme strength! :)

If every member had access to the database, then there almost certainly is a huge breach of GDPR.

Your hatred is making your analogies even more irrational.

A relevant analogy would be every driver had killed someone when drunk but the media only go after one person.

There’s not an organisation in the State that is GDPR compliant, including the DPC, compliance is an aspiration not a possibility.

If Sinn Féin are doing something nefarious with the data then that’s the story but the Indo placing a (so far) ridiculous story about non-compliance when all organisations are in the same boat then forgive me whilst I laugh it off as the Indo just being the Indo.

Just like there are degrees of road traffic offences from breaking a speeding limit or an amber light to drunkenly killing a pedestrian, there are degrees of GDPR offences from unknowingly having a setting on a website to deliberately constructing a database of people without their consent and using it to profile their political opinions with information gathered from other sources.

Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

blanch152 wrote: »
    Just like there are degrees of road traffic offences from breaking a speeding limit or an amber light to drunkenly killing a pedestrian, there are degrees of GDPR offences from unknowingly having a setting on a website to deliberately constructing a database of people without their consent and using it to profile their political opinions with information gathered from other sources.

Simple as.

same as if a soldier kills someone is ok but if anyone else does, its murder. Yeah blanch152 - we all know of your 'degrees'

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    You are stating that “every member had access to” the Abu database.
    Is this true and if so when was it revealed?

Didn't Philip say his source was a booklet sent to members on how to use the system? He quoted from it.

Like...how to keep a 'secret', send a document with details of the 'secret' out into the world. :)

• Advertisement

If you watch last nights Prime Time on the RTE Player you will see Sinn Fein leader Mary Lou Mc Donald being interviewed by Fran Mc Nulty admitting the party was not in compliance.

She was more equivocal about whether blowing up children on a boat off Mullaghmore was wrong or not.

Its amazing the oul gossip isnt it. Someone's opinion of what someone said suddenly becomes what that person meant when they said it - rather than someone elses opinion on what they said.

And then the pontificating of things that happened in the north

As i say - a link to where sf 'admit' to breaking GDPR whenever you're ready.

maccored wrote: »
    Its amazing the oul gossip isnt it. Someone's opinion of what someone said suddenly becomes what that person meant when they said it - rather than someone elses opinion on what they said.

A lot of waffle there but even in the nuanced geographical nomenclature of Sinn Fein, Mullaghmore is in the south.

Didn't Philip say his source was a booklet sent to members on how to use the system? He quoted from it.

Like...how to keep a 'secret', send a document with details of the 'secret' out into the world. :)

Francie you stated that “ALL” Sinn Fein members had access to the password protected Abu database.

Is this true or untrue?

Paschal Donohue gets a few seconds questioning on FG of the past, says how is he responsible for something that happened when he was 8?....RTE apologise.
    Mary Lou gets several minutes questioning on something that happened when she was 10...RTE....nothing.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I would suggest that a ‘link’ to where SF admitted anything would be difficult to find.

Connolly House is fairly watertight.

• Advertisement

Francie you stated that “ALL” Sinn Fein members had access to the password protected Abu database.

Is this true or untrue?

No idea...read Philip Ryan's article if you are concerned.

A lot of waffle there but even in the nuanced geographical nomenclature of Sinn Fein, Mullaghmore is in the south.

because that's where he happened to be. Why was he killed? because of the campaign for freedom in the republic? I dont think so.

still waiting on that quote. I can give you a quote though:

"Insisting what the party has done is fully legal, Ms McDonald said that the two breaches identified have now been addressed."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40272914.html

I would suggest that a ‘link’ to where SF admitted anything would be difficult to find.

more opinion not based on fact.

Why are you making stuff up then?

Own your statement

A 'secret' database which every member had access to

Why are you making stuff up then?

there seems to be a lot of people making stuff up in this thread. stones and glasshouses comes to mind

The sad thing about this GDPR controversy, notwithstanding how serious it is, is that it is overshadowing Mary-Lou's despicable comments on Mountbatten bombing last night. She refused to say that it was wrong for an IRA terrorist sitting on a pier to push a button and detonate a bomb killing children that he could see from where he was sitting.

because that's where he happened to be. Why was he killed? because of the campaign for freedom in the republic? I dont think so.

still waiting on that quote. I can give you a quote though:

"Insisting what the party has done is fully legal, Ms McDonald said that the two breaches identified have now been addressed."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40272914.html

Childish behavior. Our dear leader is right until I read the quote where she admits she was wrong.

Look at your own quote above.

If there were no breaches why would they have to be addressed?
    I presume you are not a child and therefore capable of reasoning.

Own your statement

And I told you where I got that information from...Philip Ryan's original article on this. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Childish behavior. Our dear leader is right until I read the quote where she admits she was wrong.

Look at your own quote above.

If there were no breaches why would they have to be addressed?
    I presume you are not a child and therefore capable of reasoning.

You could also say if there is no leaking why is it being addressed by the Gardai and the DPP?

• Advertisement

skimpydoo wrote: »
    You could also say if there is no leaking why is it being addressed by the Gardai and the DPP?

MLMCD admitted that there was no data protection officer in place which is a breach of data protection. This is the issue that was “addressed”.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Too bad, because I have.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112767805&postcount=1315

I also called out Paddy Holohan's blatant misogyny. And there are other examples.

Yes, I remember that, but failed to call out his blatant racism and homophobia.
    You actually just ignored me on all follow-up questions.

Yes, but you defended Paddy Holohan's blatant homophobia and racism.

You also indulged in misogynistic blame the victim practices in the case of Mairia Cahill.

You also defended the sectarian councillor with the Kingsmill bread.

Your record on these issues is far from clean.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with this.

Non - Story... eh?

medium-17.jpg

markodaly wrote: »
    Yes, I remember that, but failed to call out his blatant racism and homophobia.
    You actually just ignored me on all follow-up questions.

I didn't see it as racist or homophobic comment, stupid and ignorant and clumsy = yes.

Non - Story... eh?

medium-17.jpg

Indo agenda laid bare. We know other parties broke regs too...but SF. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I didn't see it as racist or homophobic comment, stupid and ignorant and clumsy = yes.

Making a comment that someone isn't suited to being Taoiseach because his father is Indian and having a male partner isn't traditional, certainly sounds racist and homophobic to most ears.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Making a comment that someone isn't suited to being Taoiseach because his father is Indian and having a male partner isn't traditional, certainly sounds racist and homophobic to most ears.

We all know that, but for some reason, some posters will excuse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

We all know that, but for some reason, some posters will excuse it.

The same crowd who might excuse the blowing up a boat with with a couple of innocent children and others on it.

Just shows you...........

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

That wasnt my understanding of what he was trying to clumsily say.

Sorry to have my own opinion. :)

Advertisement