Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

I see a descension into racism apologism is not beyond a SF poster now
    I'm not shocked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Paddy Holohan also has his own opinion, Francie. A misogynistic, racist and homophobic opinion, but yes, an opinion nonetheless.
    That is the man you defended to the hilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I see a descension into racism apologism is not beyond a SF poster now
    I'm not shocked :)

How would I be 'apologising' for something I didn't call racism? :)

It was stupid ignorant and clumsy. As I said at the time.
    I called it out, in other words.

markodaly wrote: »
    Paddy Holohan also has his own opinion, Francie. A misogynistic, racist and homophobic opinion, but yes, an opinion nonetheless.
    That is the man you defended to the hilt.

Calling out that he was stupid ignorant, clumsy and misogynistic is 'defending to the hilt?' :):)

Yes saying it was anything but racism(and homophobic) is text book apologism
    10 out of 10 :)

• Advertisement

Yes saying it was anything but racism(and homophobic) is text book apologism
    10 out of 10 :)

So it's you who decides and it's us who must follow? Touch of the dictator there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So it's you who decides and it's us who must follow? Touch of the dictator there.

Given that Holohan apologised directly to Varadkar for his remarks, it would seem that you are singular in deciding that they weren't homophobic and racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

markodaly wrote: »
    Non - Story... eh?

medium-17.jpg

its a story the indo. its been a story in the indo for two weeks nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Stupid but not racist
    Foolish but not homophobic
    Ignorant but not xenophobic.

Classic whataboutery there tbh.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Childish behavior. Our dear leader is right until I read the quote where she admits she was wrong.

Look at your own quote above.

If there were no breaches why would they have to be addressed?
    I presume you are not a child and therefore capable of reasoning.

childish behaviour, says the person talking about 'our leader' etc etc. get this into context - the minor breaches they're talking about arent the one you were talking about. SF have made no admission to being in the wrong, contrary to what you have claimed.

Childish indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

maccored wrote: »
    childish behaviour, says the person talking about 'our leader' etc etc. get this into context - the minor breaches they're talking about arent the one you were talking about. SF have made no admission to being in the wrong, contrary to what you have claimed.

Childish indeed.

Mary Lou agreed they had been in breach of legislation in her interview with Fran Mc Nulty.
    Lying is so intrinsically linked with Sinn Fein truth is viewed with suspicion.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Mary Lou agreed they had been in breach of legislation in her interview with Fran Mc Nulty.
    Lying is so intrinsically linked with Sinn Fein truth is viewed with suspicion.

if you want to get your knickers in a twist over the difference between a data protection officer and a data compliance officer - then go for it.

Considering - as has been outlined - that those issues are now resolved to the satisfaction of all ... what compliance issues are you concerned about?

Answer - none. Lets wait to see what the end result is - as has already been pointed out, rather than dancing around handbags gossiping.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Given that Holohan apologised directly to Varadkar for his remarks, it would seem that you are singular in deciding that they weren't homophobic and racist.

He apologised saying that his comments had been mis-interpreted and he was sorry Varadkar and anyone else had taken them for homopobia and racism. . And then went on to explain what he intended to mean. You can find it all on the internet if you can be bothered.

So the dictatorial dictate you guys like handing out can be ignored if you have a mind of your own...which I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

this story will ultimately amount to nothing, the exact same as the big fuss and high expectations some made about that funeral that they harped on about since last june !!!

build it up, build it up, and then have to take it all down again men and women !!!!

completely much ado about nothing in my opinion !

yer man on prime time trying to blame the loyalist violence on the idea of a border poll is ****ing hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

if you want to get your knickers in a twist over the difference between a data protection officer and a data compliance officer - then go for it.

Considering - as has been outlined - that those issues are now resolved to the satisfaction of all ... what compliance issues are you concerned about?

Answer - none. Lets wait to see what the end result is - as has already been pointed out, rather than dancing around handbags gossiping.

Delighted that you have finally got round to watching the interview you were commenting on.

“Dancing round handbags gossiping”? Why not throw in a few more misogynistic cliches while you are at it.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

its a story the indo. its been a story in the indo for two weeks nearly.
    So story is about a bunch of numpties dumping a load of bullshít and the other is a typical Indo anti-SF story? Good job they included the picture. :)

Regards...jmcc

Delighted that you have finally got round to watching the interview you were commenting on.

“Dancing round handbags gossiping”? Why not throw in a few more misogynistic cliches while you are at it.

whats misogynistic about it? Men can dance and have handbags and as we can see from this whole thread, both men and women can gossip. it's you being sexist about it.

Are you sure you watched that interview?

jmcc wrote: »
    So story is about a bunch of numpties dumping a load of bullshít and the other is a typical Indo anti-SF story? Good job they included the picture. :)

Regards...jmcc

that seems to be the case. apparently its not a non story because the indo (who started it) are still banging on about it.

that seems to be the case. apparently its not a non story because the indo (who started it) are still banging on about it.
    The Sindo/Indo has also landed its friends in the other political parties in the crap because they have their own databases which will have to be checked for compliance with GDPR.

All parties now have to appear before the Oireachtas Housing Committee and answer questions on their online activities. That hidden Facebook tracking link on the FG website may be one of the things that will be brought up. RTE seems to have landed FG in the crap on that one. At this stage the Indo is probably producing more methane than the national herd and effecting Global Warming. Surprised that Philip Ryan hasn't managed to drag Greta Thunberg into some story to condemn SF.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

have to say though Safesurfer, every time I see your username i think 'thats a great Julian Cope tune'.

The Sindo/Indo has also landed its friends in the other political parties in the crap because they have their own databases which will have to be checked for compliance with GDPR.

All parties now have to appear before the Oireachtas Housing Committee and answer questions on their online activities. That hidden Facebook tracking link on the FG website may be one of the things that will be brought up. RTE seems to have landed FG in the crap on that one. At this stage the Indo is probably producing more methane than the national herd and effecting Global Warming. Surprised that Philip Ryan hasn't managed to drag Greta Thunberg into some story to condemn SF. :)

Regards...jmcc

I think - like a few posters on here - that in the indo is really a closet SF fan. all the rubbish drives up the Shinner vote

I think - like a few posters on here - that in the indo is really a closet SF fan. all the rubbish drives up the Shinner vote
    It may not be that subtle. The Indo has always been deeply linked to the status quo parties. The problem is that print newspapers, as an industry, are dying. The newspapers have had to resort to sensationalism to drive sales. The laughable thing is that the frontpage article of the Indo is just a rehash of what was on Primetime. It is literally yesterday's news today.

There was an idea being floated about government funds to bail out their cronies in the newspaper business and that might not happen if SF got into government. When all that government Covid advertising dries up, some newspapers, including the Sindo/Indo and (the Belfast Telegraph is also an IN&M newspaper), are going to find things difficult. Digital subscriptions are not replacing lost print copy sales. The IN&M group was sold a few years ago in a firesale to the Mediahuis company. Denis O'Brien spent about 500 million acquiring the largest block of shares in IN&M and made a loss of about 450 million on his shares. The Irish Times was selling over 100K copies a day about ten years go. It was scraping 50K sales a day before Covid. The old political parties are also experiencing a collapse in support. There was a time when the FF/FG/Labour would get over 80% support. Labour collapsed from 37 seats to 7 in the space of one GE. FF and FF are now finding it hard to get over 50% of the vote combined. FF used to get around 40%. SF's support in the younger demographics is higher than that of FF. The problem is that there is a powershift with Irish politics effectively reorganising around a Left/Right axis with SF being left of centre(ish) and FF/FG being right of centre. The problem is that the voters cannot see any difference between FF and FG now. Politics has moved on but the Sindo/Indo is still stuck in the 1970s.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

I see the Cult of SF is in flow flow these past two days. Pointing out the the independent might store some data outside the EU...... ..You know data that user consensually share with the Independant when signing up. Whatever about the leadership and TDS some of the pirate flag supporters are the most ignorant, stupidest politically unaware people in this country.

piplip87 wrote: »
    I see the Cult of SF is in flow flow these past two days. Pointing out the the independent might store some data outside the EU...... ..You know data that user consensually share with the Independant when signing up. Whatever about the leadership and TDS some of the pirate flag supporters are the most ignorant, stupidest politically unaware people in this country.

What data are you guys using to assess that these people are from SF?

The guy who meme'd Philip Ryan for instance?

Please tell us your methods...coz fecked if I can make a link.

I see the Cult of SF is in flow flow these past two days. Pointing out the the independent might store some data outside the EU...... ..You know data that user consensually share with the Independant when signing up.
    Must have missed that one. There was a mention of FF exporting data of users to the US (outside of the EU) and it was posted in a Tweet by Ming Flanagan.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

What data are you guys using to assess that these people are from SF?

The guy who meme'd Philip Ryan for instance?

Please tell us your methods...coz fecked if I can make a link.

I think the assumption is, if you ain't supporting of, or highlight FF/FG incompetence on the internet, you must be shinner, which is a complete fable of the highest order.

Also, don't forget trolls on the internet can imitate party supporters of particular party's and post negative and hateful bile in order to portray supporters as a certain type of cohort. Don't believe me? There's a guy on here who's openly admitted to being a member of several Sinn Facebook groups here. Pruning just because you're in a group, doesn't = you're there for good intentions or because you're necessarily a party supporter.

Unfortunately again their supporters let them down though. I follow a few SF accounts and I am a member of a few SF groups on Facebook. The abuse Micheal Martin and Micheal D took for expressing condolences after the death is unreal yet the exact same accounts are now hailing Michelle and Marylou for doing the same.
    come to think of it, it's the same guy you just quoted. :cool:

I was a FF voter up until last year, and both my father, and my grandfather were proudly serving members of the party. I'm not quite ready to give SF my vote just yet, but let's see how they do in this opposition role.

Yet people wrongly assume I'm a shinner by default. The pirate flag thing is weird though, just odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

All parties now have to appear before the Oireachtas Housing Committee and answer questions on their online activities. That hidden Facebook tracking link on the FG website may be one of the things that will be brought up. RTE seems to have landed FG in the crap on that one. At this stage the Indo is probably producing more methane than the national herd and effecting Global Warming. Surprised that Philip Ryan hasn't managed to drag Greta Thunberg into some story to condemn SF.

Regards...jmcc

Its popcorn time.

https://twitter.com/michael_o_regan/status/1385669340989698049?s=21

skimpydoo wrote: »
    In the words of the immortal quote from Aliens, "Game over, man!" :)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

In the words of the immortal quote from Aliens, "Game over, man!" :)

Regards...jmcc
    If you read some of the replies, a few FG TD's have pulled their websites offline. It looks like FG won't want Philip Ryan darkening their doors again.

Advertisement