Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

“Websites for TDs from Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael, the Green Party, Sinn Féin, and the Social Democrats were not compliant, an analysis by the Irish Examiner found.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40273802.html

Looks like the FGers jumped in a tad too quickly here... as was pointed out to them umpteen times already on the thread.

The Indo has had to change tack too if Fionnan Sheenan's article is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

“Websites for TDs from Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael, the Green Party, Sinn Féin, and the Social Democrats were not compliant, an analysis by the Irish Examiner found.”

Looks like the FGers jumped in a tad too quickly here... as was pointed out to them umpteen times already on the thread.

I'm old enough to remember when a political party breaching GDPR was something which should be solely left to the DPC and a complete non story. What a difference a few days make

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

not much of a hack then ....
    I don't write about politics or current affairs. I stick to what I know and not what I don't know.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

multiple off topic posts removed
    This is the SINN FEIN thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I don't write about politics or current affairs. I stick to what I know and not what I don't know.

and your unaware about every thing else ?

seems a bit unlikely that your not aware of the connection between the ira and sf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

and your unaware about every thing else ?

seems a bit unlikely that your not aware of the connection between the ira and sf
    I am aware they were linked in the past as FF and FG were to the original IRA which like the Provisional IRA has disbanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I am aware they were linked in the past as FF and FG were to the original IRA which like the Provisional IRA has disbanded.

You mean like FF & FG in the 1940s?

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

But SF insisted they were compliant, went on rants about their compliance, denied any wrong doing, called themselves victims of a smear campaign, then admitted that their whole defense was a lie and admitted the truth.
    Blaming everyone else doesn't change that.
    SF are virtually admitting they're worse than all the other parties they chime on and on about.
    Absolute chancers they are and they've been found out, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Most Irish political parties have breached data protection rules (*).The anti-SF gangbang is just reflective of the media being in the ownership of powerful vested interests. Evidently the establishment media is worried that the FF/FG government is unpopular. Obvious distraction tactics.

* https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/expert-says-most-irish-political-parties-have-breached-data-protection-rules-1117027.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

But SF insisted they were compliant, went on rants about their compliance, denied any wrong doing, called themselves victims of a smear campaign, then admitted that their whole defense was a lie and admitted the truth.
    Blaming everyone else doesn't change that.
    SF are virtually admitting they're worse than all the other parties they chime on and on about.
    Absolute chancers they are and they've been found out, again.

I'm amazed at how ye lads in here come up with a narrative all of yer own and the vigour of how SF are pursued. Tell me weren't you one of the lads defending this breach of GDPR from government? The info sharing of flight data with department of social protection. We're heather humphreys or leo Varadkar ever forced to explain this afterwards? FOI on how the data was shared has been denied.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40042313.html

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    I'm amazed at how ye lads in here come up with a narrative all of yer own and the vigour of how SF are pursued. Tell me weren't you one of the lads defending this breach of GDPR from government? The info sharing of flight data with department of social protection. We're heather humphreys or leo Varadkar ever forced to explain this afterwards? FOI on how the data was shared has been denied.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40042313.html

What are you on about?
    Sinn féin lied and lied wouldn't you say?

What are you on about?
    Sinn féin lied and lied wouldn't you say?

The outrage machine has derailed. Unlucky again I guess. Also someone might want to check on Philip Ryan. He's gone very very quiet on twitter.:D

The outrage machine has derailed. Unlucky again I guess. Also someone might want to check on Philip Ryan. He's gone very very quiet on twitter.:D

Gone very quiet on Twitter? He has literally tweeted everyday for the past number of days. Maybe this is regarded as little activity by the Sinn Fein digital army tweeting and posting on threads like this almost every hour.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Gone very quiet on Twitter? He has literally tweeted everyday for the past number of days. Maybe this is regarded as little activity by the Sinn Fein digital army tweeting and posting on threads like this almost every hour.

Stopped yesterday. Mere retweets since his beloved Leo's website was taken down. Lol

Stopped yesterday. Mere retweets since his beloved Leo's website was taken down. Lol

Have you seen the shinnerbot pile on.

Any criticism of Sinn Fein elicits vitriolic ad hominem attacks.

I love the way these threads here and other platforms basically become public whatsapp groups from time to time when one side or the other is not here :D
    All to get a rise out of each other
    We're all at it so much,we've forgotten nobody cares

It seems the, scrutiny will continue.
    Mick Clifford is giving it wellie today.
    SF deserve the scrutiny they're getting?
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40273325.html

Pride comes before the fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

It seems the, scrutiny will continue.
    Mick Clifford is giving it wellie today.
    SF deserve the scrutiny they're getting?
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40273325.html

At least it’s implicit in this article that Sinn Féin are treated completely differently to all other political parties.

At least it’s implicit in this article that Sinn Féin are treated completely differently to all other political parties.

'I'd love my media to treat them all the same tbh Mick'. No chance of that yet. :)

If they had with this story Philip Ryan wouldn't look like the agenda driven 'journalist' he is.

• Advertisement

Ireland must be one of a few countries where the MSM are more like trolls than social media commentators.

https://twitter.com/FCTwenteBenson/status/1386246812219187201?s=19

Ireland must be one of a few countries where the MSM are more like trolls than social media commentators.

https://twitter.com/FCTwenteBenson/status/1386246812219187201?s=19

Clifford seems to be missing a bit of self awareness lately...this is as crude as 'The media is right...says the media'.

Have I Got News For You content. :)

I like that concept that SF have of someone moving from being a voter or supporter to becoming fully ‘republicanised’.

Where someone has drank the green kool aid and ends up minimising rape, torture, and murder; denigrating journalists for doing their job; expecting a completely different set of standards for SF than everyone else, and generally acting like a member of a cult. Absolute and unwavering loyalty.

I like that concept that SF have of someone moving from being a voter or supporter to becoming fully ‘republicanised’.

Where someone has drank the green kool aid and ends up minimising rape, torture, and murder; denigrating journalists for doing their job; expecting a completely different set of standards for SF than everyone else, and generally acting like a member of a cult. Absolute and unwavering loyalty.

You couldn't get a better example of 'a completely different set of standards for SF than everyone else' than a breathless sensational story about them which resulted in everyone else running for cover and scrambling to cover up their own lapses Doc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

You couldn't get a better example of 'a completely different set of standards for SF than everyone else' than a breathless sensational story about them which resulted in everyone else running for cover and scrambling to cover up their own lapses Doc. :)

...whilst anyone with a modicum of knowledge of GDPR would have known that ALL political parties are in the same boat.

It’s obvious this story was fed to Philip Ryan.

...whilst anyone with a modicum of knowledge of GDPR would have known that ALL political parties are in the same boat.

It’s obvious this story was fed to Philip Ryan.

Would be my impression, fed and taken rather than independently minded journalism. If you were a proper journalist you would quite easily have discovered it all in a couple of clicks as it turns out. Not how it's done at the Indo.

Would be my impression, fed and taken rather than independently minded journalism. If you were a proper journalist you would quite easily have discovered it all in a couple of clicks as it turns out. Not how it's done at the Indo.

If it is so easy to find out the facts why did you state as a fact that ALL SF members had access to the “secret” database and then ran away from your statement when asked if your “fact” was true?

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    If it is so easy to find out the facts why did you state as a fact that ALL SF members had access to the “secret” database and then ran away from your statement when asked if your “fact” was true?

I quoted what Mr Ryan said in his original piece SS...that SF members have access to the Abu system. You can read it online if it hasn't been put behind a paywall.

Not sure what difference it makes in the scheme of things other than you have a bone to play with.

I quoted what Mr Ryan said in his original piece SS...that SF members have access to the Abu system. You can read it online if it hasn't been put behind a paywall.

Not sure what difference it makes in the scheme of things other than you have a bone to play with.

No, you didn’t “quote” anything. You attempted to downplay the situation by claiming that ALL members had access to the Abu system.

Sometimes telling the truth is easier than defending a lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Would you be able to check if B. Bendar on it Francie?

Just asking... don’t worry if you haven’t access.

Advertisement