Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Depend on whistleblowers and journalists to reveal this stuff?

Are you for real?

Maybe under Sinn Féin’s utopian new republic all wrongdoing will be detected but back in the real world that’s not how it works.

You are aware that most of the really important revelations come from whistleblowers and journalists are you not?

From Watergate to the beef or planning tribunals, the Dowra affair, the Lowry affair etc, etc, etc.

No amount of “active” oversight can eliminate all wrongdoing.

Even in the case of whistleblowers and reporting of wrongdoing, it may be ineffective if reported to the wrong people like the rape and child sex abuse reported to Gerry Adams and other members of Sinn Fein.

Adams was a brother.

A low stoop to defend generations of lax regulation and blind eye turning not to mention corruption.

Look over there doesn't work Safesurfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Adams was a brother.

A low stoop to defend generations of lax regulation and blind eye turning not to mention corruption.

Look over there doesn't work Safesurfer.

Your whole defence of Sinn Fein is “look over there”.

His brother wasn’t the only abuse he hid.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Your whole defence of Sinn Fein is “look over there”.

His brother wasn’t the only abuse he hid.

Whether he did or not, that doesn't make my point invalid. The very essence of what you did to defend that was to point somewhere else.

I took part in the discussion of Adams when it happened. I didn't defend what he did, I accepted his apology for how he handled it, which was badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

But but but the Indo...

But but but the IRA...

Whether he did or not, that doesn't make my point invalid. The very essence of what you did to defend that was to point somewhere else.

I took part in the discussion of Adams when it happened. I didn't defend what he did, I accepted his apology for how he handled it, which was badly.

That’s mighty forgiving of you, Francie.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

the victims are the ones who get to accept or reject his apology not you Francie

thats one of the things that people will always hold against sf the way it treats its many many victims

the victims are the ones who get to accept or reject his apology not you Francie

thats one of the things that people will always hold against sf the way it treats its many many victims

But all political parties that held power here have 'victims' of their incompetence, policies and corruption. Have you been asleep for the last decade or more?

I accepted his apology, the victims have their choice too. I don't exploit them the way some exploit selective ones.

But all political parties that held power here have 'victims' of their incompetence, policies and corruption. Have you been asleep for the last decade or more?

I accepted his apology, the victims have their choice too. I don't exploit them the way some exploit selective ones.

more whataboutery from the party manual ?

this is the sf thread , we are talking about sf crimes and the crimes of sf members

more whataboutery from the party manual ?

this is the sf thread , we are talking about sf crimes and the crimes of sf members

What crimes was Gerry Adams convicted of? None in relation to the mishandling of his brother, that I know of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

Some bloody joke people going on about Sinn Fein being corrupt just look at the two parties who have been in power that last 100 years I watched an American video on YouTube earlier about corruption in Irish parties looking back at the 90s and still going on to this day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m0wAbQUMfWs

It says about how Fianna Fail leaders are living a life of luxury completely unexplainable by their salaries, as it says in the video "they make the Mafia look like clowns".

Only difference is that those two parties have large control and support from the media so they don't talk about it much and they use the media to destroy their only opposition Sinn Fein also many of them were on payroll from MI5 during the troubles in exchange for information and favours.

• Advertisement

What crimes was Gerry Adams convicted of? None in relation to the mishandling of his brother, that I know of.

"what about " the victims of sf crimes Francie do you forgive sf on their behalf ?

"what about " the victims of sf crimes Francie do you forgive sf on their behalf ?

What crimes have SF committed Stevo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Any different to what's going on in the 'Gunplot' podcast by RTE, by a party of Govt.

But but but the IRA...

But but but Mick Clifford

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Any different to what's going on in the 'Gunplot' podcast by RTE, by a party of Govt.

Yup
    The word condemn came a lot sooner I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

And here was me thinking the mishandling was the other way round.

murder
    terrorism
    assisting and concealing child abuse
    rape
    treason
    bank robbery
    subverting courts
    smuggling
    fraud
    gunrunning
    theft
    hate crimes
    slandering victims
    lying
    cheating
    stealing and
    murder

to start with .
    i put murder in there twice coz of all the murder

murder
    terrorism
    rape
    treason
    bank robbery
    subverting courts
    smuggling
    fraud
    gunrunning
    theft
    hate crimes
    slandering victims
    lying
    cheating
    stealing and
    murder

to start with .

I figured that's were you were going. I read the GFA and had great difficulty voting for it as it was a leap of faith.
    You should read it too.

I figured that's were you were going. I read the GFA and had great difficulty voting for it as it was a leap of faith.
    You should read it too.

do you think the gfa agreement absolves sf of all its crimes like a magic wand ?

they still did what they did and are still guilty and the victims still suffered

do you think the gfa agreement absolves sf of all its crimes like a magic wand ?

they still did what they did and are still guilty and the victims still suffered

SF didn't do this Stevo, you know this. SF is a political party.

And to cut this conversation shor...no I don't think any one group confessing to what they did is good for the country. It has to be all participants in the conflict/war in a Truth Recovery process, or do what the parties who became the power swap did, lock away all the info until anyone involved is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

murder
    terrorism
    rape
    treason
    bank robbery
    subverting courts
    smuggling
    fraud
    gunrunning
    theft
    hate crimes
    slandering victims
    lying
    cheating
    stealing and
    murder

to start with .

Can you specify what members of sinn fein done the above? Actual names. I called leo Varadkar corrupt on a thread and got threadbanned this is extraordinary stuff on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Your argument appears to be that there should be no oversight of Irish political parties, would that be a fair assessment?

Nope - my ‘argument’ (observation, in reality) is that a poster claims SF dont host data in the south because ‘authorities’ would be able to view it, and they dint seem to realise that without proper cause, ‘authorities’ would have no right to be peeking at anyones data.

Though keep mis-representing what i posted. Knock yourself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

People have a right to have their data protected. If Sinn Fein or any other party hold data on an individual which has not been consented to then whose responsibility is it to vindicate individual rights if not the authorities?

Who should investigate data protection if not “the authorities”.

Would you like it to be done in secret by an independent observer as with decommissioning?

Thats precisely my point - people have a right to have their data protected.

maccored wrote: »
    Nope - my ‘argument’ (observation, in reality) is that a poster claims SF dont host data in the south because ‘authorities’ would be able to view it, and they dint seem to realise that without proper cause, ‘authorities’ would have no right to be peeking at anyones data.

Though keep mis-representing what i posted. Knock yourself out.

This is what you said

Quote: maccored
    ah right, so its grand that 'the authorities' get to peek at everything then. yeah .. right

You are doing a good enough job of misrepresenting yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

I see SF commerating another murdering thug tonight. I see the usual suspects saying he was murdered. The muppet was attempting to ambush an RUC base and got shot. Play stupid games .......

murder
    terrorism
    rape
    treason
    bank robbery
    subverting courts
    smuggling
    fraud
    gunrunning
    theft
    hate crimes
    slandering victims
    lying
    cheating
    stealing and
    murder

to start with .

Wow, more staggering baseless accusations... it sounds like you have info that neither the Gardaí/PSNI have. If you do have such info then there’s a duty on you to report it to relevant authorities.

piplip87 wrote: »
    I see SF commerating another murdering thug tonight. I see the usual suspects saying he was murdered. The muppet was attempting to ambush an RUC base and got shot. Play stupid games .......

How d you suggest people remember their dead?

SF didn't do this Stevo, you know this. SF is a political party.

And to cut this conversation shor...no I don't think any one group confessing to what they did is good for the country. It has to be all participants in the conflict/war in a Truth Recovery process, or do what the parties who became the power swap did, lock away all the info until anyone involved is dead.

Both the PSNI and An Garda Siochana believe that the army council of the provisional IRA control both Sinn Fein and the PIRA. The overarching aim of the army council is a United Ireland and while in the past this goal was pursued by the “ballot box and armalite” strategy, currently the strategy is exclusively using the ballot box.

In other words both the police forces on this island believe that Sinn Fein is a political party with its own army, the IRA and the IRA is an army with its own political party, Sinn Fein.

www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/what-evidence-is-there-that-the-ira-still-controls-sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-1.4182679%3fmode=amp

Both the PSNI and An Garda Siochana believe that the army council of the provisional IRA control both Sinn Fein and the PIRA. The overarching aim of the army council is a United Ireland and while in the past this goal was pursued by the “ballot box and armalite” strategy, currently the strategy is exclusively using the ballot box.

In other words both the police forces on this island believe that Sinn Fein is a political party with its own army, the IRA and the IRA is an army with its own political party, Sinn Fein.

www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/what-evidence-is-there-that-the-ira-still-controls-sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-1.4182679%3fmode=amp

Wouldn’t believe a word Drew Harris says, he has ample skin in the game with his background.

• Advertisement

Marco23d wrote: »
    Some bloody joke people going on about Sinn Fein being corrupt just look at the two parties who have been in power that last 100 years I watched an American video on YouTube earlier about corruption in Irish parties looking back at the 90s and still going on to this day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m0wAbQUMfWs

It says about how Fianna Fail leaders are living a life of luxury completely unexplainable by their salaries, as it says in the video "they make the Mafia look like clowns".

Only difference is that those two parties have large control and support from the media so they don't talk about it much and they use the media to destroy their only opposition Sinn Fein also many of them were on payroll from MI5 during the troubles in exchange for information and favours.

You saw it on a YouTube video. Oh wow. Wait till you see the actual footage of Bigfoot, your mind will be actually blown!

If the media is being used to “destroy their only opposition Sinn Fein”, they are doing a bloody bad job of it.

We know that Sinn Fein members were actually in the pay of British security services.

Please show us your evidence about FF and FG that “many of them were on the payroll from MI5 during the troubles in exchange for information and favours”.

Extraordinary claims call for extraordinary evidence. Do you have any evidence?

Advertisement