Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Wouldn’t believe a word Drew Harris says, he has ample skin in the game with his background.

Of course you wouldn’t.

That’s the thing about Sinn Fein. They are so predictable.

Get criticised in the media, blame the media.

Get criticised by the police, blame the police.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

smurgen wrote: »
    Can you specify what members of sinn fein done the above? Actual names. I called leo Varadkar corrupt on a thread and got threadbanned this is extraordinary stuff on boards.

Even though,I've participated in this a bit,I won't anymore because its pointless
    SF Republicanism is what it is and is where it is now,its violent side very much parked in the history car park
    Theres a few salient points that theres no point denying and those are during the troubles those involved in the IRA campaign either financing it through robberies or just shooting or bombing were either SF supporters or members then
    SF wouldn't have ever expelled anyone involved that I can think of anyway off hand,,in fact they venerate them
    No point even trying to deny that or go down any roose asking for the poster to produce their membership cards

Now the poster you're replying to is just angry about that
    They're entitled to their point of view but the country has mostly moved on
    Its not healthy to Dwell at this stage in my humble opinion over this
    It changes nothing
    There isn't point or rhyme or reason to it
    Theres about 20 years worth of the exact same exchanges on this site
    I'm often a devils advocate on internet debate
    These ones though tempting at times aren't worth it
    A dead end

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Both the PSNI and An Garda Siochana believe that the army council of the provisional IRA control both Sinn Fein and the PIRA. The overarching aim of the army council is a United Ireland and while in the past this goal was pursued by the “ballot box and armalite” strategy, currently the strategy is exclusively using the ballot box.

In other words both the police forces on this island believe that Sinn Fein is a political party with its own army, the IRA and the IRA is an army with its own political party, Sinn Fein.

www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/what-evidence-is-there-that-the-ira-still-controls-sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-1.4182679%3fmode=amp

I voted for the GFA.

Implicit in that is welcoming people into democratic politics. It positively encourages them to enter politics. I took that seriously. I take the IMC seriously too and I watched the decommissioning process.
    Sinn Fein have fulfilled what they said they would...the conflict war is over, the IRA are now exclusively dedicated to a UI by peaceful democratic means.
    I am convinced of that, otherwise they would not get my vote.

I will not exclude them, like some insist on doing. They have a right to fulfil their mandate as much as any other democratic does.

Did you vote for the GFA?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

murder
    terrorism
    assisting and concealing child abuse
    rape
    treason
    bank robbery
    subverting courts
    smuggling
    fraud
    gunrunning
    theft
    hate crimes
    slandering victims
    lying
    cheating
    stealing and
    murder

to start with .
    i put murder in there twice coz of all the murder

So basically the same as the other two main parties?

Of course you wouldn’t.

That’s the thing about Sinn Fein. They are so predictable.

Get criticised in the media, blame the media.

Get criticised by the police, blame the police.

Have you ever read the independent?

They are obviously completely against Sinn Fein and overwhelmingly try to discredit them during elections.

If only the provos had have been more like Michael Collins and sent the boys round to smash up the place and threaten them, they've been kissing their asses ever since.

• Advertisement

I voted for the GFA.

Implicit in that is welcoming people into democratic politics. It positively encourages them to enter politics. I took that seriously. I take the IMC seriously too and I watched the decommissioning process.
    Sinn Fein have fulfilled what they said they would...the conflict war is over, the IRA are now exclusively dedicated to a UI by peaceful democratic means.

I will not exclude them, like some insist on doing. They have a right to fulfil their mandate as much as any other democratic does.

If I reply yes will it be entered in the Abu system?

I voted for the GFA.

SF are too left wing for me at the moment but strangely,I'm not entirely convinced they are left wing
    I suspect in government they would be more centrist as they are populist
    The likes of PBP will probably grow a bit after a period of SF being in government,if they're not in it
    There'll be another shake up of the left

Marco23d wrote: »
    Have you ever read the independent?

They are obviously completely against Sinn Fein and overwhelmingly try to discredit them during elections.

If only the provos had have been more like Michael Collins and sent the boys round to smash up the place and threaten them, they've been kissing their asses ever since.

And An Poblacht is overwhelmingly supportive of Sinn Fein and critical of other political parties. The independent just happens to be more popular than An Poblacht.

Did you support the attacks on the Charlie Hebdo offices? You know where the offices of a publication were attacked because they disagreed with what was published.

And An Poblacht is overwhelmingly supportive of Sinn Fein and critical of other political parties. The independent just happens to be more popular than An Poblacht.

Did you support the attacks on the Charlie Hebdo offices? You know where the offices of a publication were attacked because they disagreed with what was published.

All I was saying was that after Michael Collins sent the boys round they never talked bad about the old IRA or Fine Gael again.

And that is an absolutely ridiculous comparison as one is the most popular newspaper in Ireland which is meant to be "unbiased" and "fair" especially during elections while An Phoblacht is Sinn Feins personal newspaper published by Sinn Fein.

SF are too left wing for me at the moment but strangely,I'm not entirely convinced they are left wing
    I suspect in government they would be more centrist as they are populist
    The likes of PBP will probably grow a bit after a period of SF being in government,if they're not in it
    There'll be another shake up of the left

Not sure if we have a true version of either in our main parties.

I'm left on some issues more to the right on others. Never allowed my self to be hemmed in by either term tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

How d you suggest people remember their dead?

I'd suggest a sitting TD have no part in celebrating a man who was part of an organisation that did not recognise the state, an organisation that's ultimate goal was to overthrow the state and an organisation that killed members of the Gardai and many innocent Irish men and women.

Sinn Fein are looking highly likely ro be apart of the next government. Having sitting TDS involved in this criac is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

If I reply yes will it be entered in the Abu system?

No but FFG might. Imagine tracking and monitoring the likes of cervical cancer victims. Creepy.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40080437.html

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Wow, more staggering baseless accusations... it sounds like you have info that neither the Gardaí/PSNI have. If you do have such info then there’s a duty on you to report it to relevant authorities.

That’s the second poster you have suggested that they should report incidents to the police ?

Yet in another post you wouldn’t believe a word from Drew Harris ? (Head of Policing ).

I know SF/IRA had a large number of high profile members who were informers and the way you keep telling posters here to go to the police with any info they may have I can see a pattern .

No but FFG might. Imagine tracking and monitoring the likes of cervical cancer victims. Creepy.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40080437.html
    Creepy? Lol come on now
    The article says the government ordered this yet presents no evidence that its anything other than the departments modern version of scanning the papers to see whats going on
    Dept officials do have morning meetings discussing these things and deciding what can or cannot be actioned
    Vicki Phelan does not have her social media set to private
    Her campaigns should be reaching department ears and I'd say She would prefer if they were

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40275416.html?type=amp

Little bit of unrest up in the Maiden City......uhmmm

I see the ‘front seat passenger’ getting involved there too.

Surely we don’t want these running our country ........eh?

Lot of anger up there.....

Fair dues to them. There must a good few party activists in Derry getting ‘cold feet’ about the whole thing these days. Always a town that was at the forefront of change.

Slates being lifted, Brendan.

The SDLP - they haven’t gone away you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

give me a responsible party who isnt afraid to make changes any day. thats exactly what they're doing

This is what you said

Quote: maccored
    ah right, so its grand that 'the authorities' get to peek at everything then. yeah .. right

You are doing a good enough job of misrepresenting yourself.

in reply to the post about the government isnt the authorities. christ sake - do try to keep up with what reply is to what post.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Adams was a brother.

A low stoop to defend generations of lax regulation and blind eye turning not to mention corruption.

Look over there doesn't work Safesurfer.

Liam Adams wasn't the only case of Sinn Fein/IRA looking after child abusers.

Gerry Adams in his own blog admitted to it happening:

"The IRA on occasion shot alleged sex offenders or expelled them."

This was at a time when the IRA had the full support of Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Can you specify what members of sinn fein done the above? Actual names. I called leo Varadkar corrupt on a thread and got threadbanned this is extraordinary stuff on boards.

Seamus Marley, Dessie Ellis, Martin Ferris, Bobby Storey, Gerry Adams, to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thread closed for review

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

There is a lot of empty rhetoric and deflection going on in this thread. I would urge people to discuss the topic in hand in good faith OR dont post, if your answer is simply going to deflect from the topic in hand.

Further issues in this thread are going to mean threadbans and/or cards.

Thread reopened

The usual 'shinester spinning' again. The story won't work without the shinester spin, so throw in 'the 'secret' equivalent - 'members where told to keep it out of public view'...:) :) Yet once again the world and it's mother knows about it. :) So fecking obvious this stuff.

As maccored says what could be possibly wrong with sorting out problems where you are losing ground?
    A Sinn Féin spokesperson said: "Sinn Féin established a review group in the Foyle constituency in the context of next year's Assembly election. Derry Sinn Féin has accepted a recommendation from that review to set up an electoral strategy group to oversee preparation for those elections."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1386985076043419650?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Ex SF Councilor charged with a gangland murder.
    Why is it, it seems that this stuff always follows SF.

Last week it was all about the secret Abu database, which was very sinister.
    Now, it's this guy with deep and long-standing connections to the party charged with a vicious murder.

markodaly wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1386985076043419650?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Now, it's this guy with deep and long-standing connections to the party charged with a vicious murder.

you do understand what 'ex' means, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

markodaly wrote: »

Sinister database?Good Lord. Philip Ryan's gone to ground since FG had to rejig their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

maccored wrote: »
    you do understand what 'ex' means, yes?

Yep but dirt sticks....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

gifted wrote: »
    Yep but dirt sticks....

You're right on that point. Just look at #Leotheleak. Still going strong despite all his supporters on here saying, 'nuthin to see here, move along lads'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Advertisement