Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Any link to that?

It's on the gangland thread in current affairs.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/10540471

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Ask Amnesty International and Mary Robinson, former president and somebody who more than a litttle knowledge of human rights matters whose stature would benefit if we got rid of 'special' courts.

No matter how you spin it, "Good Republicans" and drug dealers want rid of the SCC.

People who speak out against these types tend to end up dead. Eamon Collins had a spike hammered through his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's on the gangland thread in current affairs.

That's the one Kinihan produced himself isn't it?

jh79 wrote: »
    No matter how you spin it, "Good Republicans" and drug dealers want rid of the SCC.

People who speak out against these types tend to end up dead. Eamon Collins had a spike hammered through his face.

I'd say drug dealers want rid of all courts jh79...just a guess!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whats this "documentary" Mr Doyle speaks of?

FG behind the Regency? I gotta here this one.

Im imagining Simpsons "Rock Bottom" -esque reporting.

"Stay back Mr Varadkar....stop....no, no, ...NOOOOO!"

There is a rap video too!

MTK got very polictical not long after the Conlan fight! Drug dealing on the increase in Republican areas too according to some. Could all be a big coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

That's the one Kinihan produced himself isn't it?

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/10540471

No its Dowdall on Joe Duffy.

The man himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

Things get very scumbaggy quick at one or two removes from SF's main players

Things get very scumbaggy quick at one or two removes from SF's main players

I was down at the RDS at the election count last year. You should have seen the lads hanging around with Dessie Ellis. Mother of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Interesting comparison of news today:

It's ironic that even the DUP leader can face a leadership challenge but such a transparent democratic process can never happen in the army council led SF.

Contrast that where the DUP members challenge the leadership to how the SF leadership dictates asks that the Derry SF leadership must stand aside.

So I have to agree with Francie that SF is an efficient political party, much like the CCP in China is an efficient political party.

I'd say drug dealers want rid of all courts jh79...just a guess!

Those at the top levels of criminality such as DK and "Good Republicans" would benefit and SF are obvious allies in that regard.

Anybody in theory could intimate a jury but those that are well organised such as large criminal gangs like the IRA will be better at it.

• Advertisement

Interesting comparison of news today:

It's ironic that even the DUP leader can face a leadership challenge but such a transparent democratic process can never happen in the army council led SF.

Contrast that where the DUP members challenge the leadership to how the SF leadership dictates asks that the Derry SF leadership must stand aside.

So I have to agree with Francie that SF is an efficient political party, much like the CCP in China is an efficient political party.

Michelle O' Neill was challenged by John O'Dowd, he lost, I can't remember by how many votes.

I know how the media spun the Derry situation...but what would any party do? Here is what SF actually say they did minus the 'shinister spin'.
    "Sinn Féin established a review group in the Foyle constituency in the context of next year's Assembly election. Derry Sinn Féin has accepted a recommendation from that review to set up an electoral strategy group to oversee preparation for those elections."

There goes your theories jimmy.

Those at the top levels of criminality such as DK and "Good Republicans" would benefit and SF are obvious allies in that regard.

Anybody in theory could intimate a jury but those that are well organised such as large criminal gangs like the IRA will be better at it.

'Special' courts are not normal democracy jh...many people are critical of them which doesn't mean they are 'allies' of criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Michelle O' Neill was challenged by John O'Dowd, he lost, I can't remember by how many votes.

I know how the media spun the Derry situation...but what would any party do? Here is what SF actually say they did minus the 'shinister spin'.

For someone who isnt a die hard Sin Fein supporter, man you give them great backing.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    People were thinking of no more corruption, no more brown envelopes, no more mates or families getting lucrative contracts, no more cosy links to big builders.

A good example of mates or families getting lucrative contracts is CPL which is owned by the sister in law of Jennifer Carroll MacNeill a FG TD.

Thats why I voted SF for the first time

When you say 'cosy links to big builders' - are you referring to former hunger striker Tom McFeeley who has cost the state more than €50m.

You'd wonder how a former hunger striker managed to get the funding to become a developer. Perhaps this is the SF housing policy in action.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    For someone who isnt a die hard Sin Fein supporter, man you give them great backing.

I just think it is great fun to debate with the shinister spinners tbh.

SF will have to work just as hard for my vote next time as they did the last time.

'Special' courts are not normal democracy jh...many people are critical of them which doesn't mean they are 'allies' of criminals.

You're some laugh. You claim I'm an ally of the DUP ( a foreign political party) because I would vote no on unification.

Many people are critical of special courts but they don't end up in the same room together unlike SF and MTK.

SF will have to work just as hard for my vote next time as they did the last time.

Murder, Rape, Racism etc all excused! How low would they have to go?

My bet is if they started wearing poppies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Sinn Fein only reversed its decision to keep the election results secret after heavy media criticism.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Ah here, everyone knows big John put in the 'challenge' in order to shore up O'Neills credentials. Took one for the team so we can all now pretend there was a process. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Seriously, quit the spoofing

I have never come across any person who emphatically defend any party as indefatigably and fervently as you do. And no disrespect, because I respect you as a poster here, but it comes across odd that you are on every single perceived SF criticism trying to defend them..

• Advertisement

You're some laugh. You claim I'm an ally of the DUP ( a foreign political party) because I would vote no on unification.

Many people are critical of special courts but they don't end up in the same room together unlike SF and MTK.

No...I claimed you would 'have to' ally with the likes of the DUP if you wanted to oppose a UI.

I don't know if others who are critical of 'special courts' are in photos with MTK or in the same room because nobody is looking for tenuous links with them.

I'm sure the Kinihans have been in loads of photos JH.

Not so fast Francie. "Sinn Féin grassroots left in dark on deputy leadership challenge"

Mary-lou :'McDonald justified the lack of hustings, saying the leadership took a view on how the contest would be handled 'bearing in mind it’s an internal position'

BTW - when Mary-Lou and MOL were appointed as leaders in the first place, who were the alternative choices?

Poor delusional John O'Dowd. Either he was a patsy or delusional to think that a political party that keeps a leader as long as Gerry for decades is somehow going to accept challengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

skimpydoo wrote: »
    People were thinking of no more corruption, no more brown envelopes, no more mates or families getting lucrative contracts, no more cosy links to big builders.

A good example of mates or families getting lucrative contracts is CPL which is owned by the sister in law of Jennifer Carroll MacNeill a FG TD.

Thats why I voted SF for the first time

I suggest that you have a look at the SF attendee list for their mega New York dinners.

The infamous galway tent is a small village fete in comparison.

As for CPL - they were a public company (they are now owned by a japanese company) and I think the largest recruitment and contract workers company in Ireland serving most of the top Irish and international companies that are here. You'd have to accept that they would win their fair share of government ocntracts too.

Pray, do tell. How hard did they work the last time? did you have a pothole that needed fixing?

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Sinn Fein only reversed its decision to keep the election results secret after heavy media criticism.

But it wasn't a secret - just like the ABU database...:D

walshb wrote: »
    Seriously, quit the spoofing

I have never come across any person who emphatically defend any party as indefatigably and fervently as you do. And no disrespect, because I respect you as a poster here, but it comes across odd that you are on every single perceived SF criticism trying to defend them..

Didn't defend them on so many things...most recently...the funeral and the GDPR probable issues.

I just love the pile-ons and the hypocrisies walshb and I love reacting to them. Because they are political one-upmanship in the main.

Pray, do tell. How hard did they work the last time? did you have a pothole that needed fixing?

I thought they were an effective opposition party and did the work that is supposed to be done in committee - calling people to account.

Made mistakes too, but overall they were worth a vote.

Not so fast Francie. "Sinn Féin grassroots left in dark on deputy leadership challenge"

Mary-lou :'McDonald justified the lack of hustings, saying the leadership took a view on how the contest would be handled 'bearing in mind it’s an internal position'

BTW - when Mary-Lou and MOL were appointed as leaders in the first place, who were the alternative choices?

Poor delusional John O'Dowd. Either he was a patsy or delusional to think that a political party that keeps a leader as long as Gerry for decades is somehow going to accept challengers.

I can't read the article.

But I wonder at what point people will get over the fact that not all parties doe things the same way. Some reserve the right to over rule the membership in a vote for leader for example.

I dont believe you. But sure thats your business.

• Advertisement

I can't read the article.

But I wonder at what point people will get over the fact that not all parties doe things the same way. Some reserve the right to over rule the membership in a vote for leader for example.

Not all parties are connected to murders though.

Advertisement