Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Oh, he was convicted of shooting Arlene's father? Must have missed that court case.

Sinn Fein doesn't do courts unless they are running them or just go straight to the sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You know exactly what I mean
    Its an end to sectarianism
    Current strategy on that is rug pulling high

Sorry, you've lost me. 'rug pulling high'?

'Sectarianism'?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Marco23d wrote: »
    I'm lost completely, for years the regency murder was supposed to have been to do with the Kinahan hutch feud and now all of a sudden it's the real IRA/New IRA.

What's changed?

Suddenly?

It's old news.

Presumably Hutches have dissident connections

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/victim-shot-over-regency-hotel-attack-link-as-new-ira-drawn-into-feud-34663260.html
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30719597.html
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/ira-murder-boxing-weigh-revenge-7334850

The RIRA leader's brother seemingly was killed by the Kinahans, but it is not very clear if this was for 'supplying guns for the regency hit' or was on an entirely unrelated matter. While Gardai initially didn't rule it out they later said they believed it was not connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Didn't defend them on so many things...most recently...the funeral and the GDPR probable issues.

I just love the pile-ons and the hypocrisies walshb and I love reacting to them. Because they are political one-upmanship in the main.

You do defend them on the funeral and GDPR issues.

On the funeral, you refuse to say that Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy should follow Dara Calleary's example and resign because they should have known that the funeral they attended was in breach of Covid rules.

On the GDPR issues, you accepted from the start that there would be GDPR issues, but that they are trivial and no heads should roll.

Technically, you can argue that you weren't defending them, but your extremely nuanced criticism amounted to exactly the same thing as defending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

Could be a serious split in SF. Remember when Mary lou said there was two separate entities SF Ireland and SF United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Well apparently SF Ireland is on the Hutch side and SF UK is firmly in the Kinihan side. This could be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

piplip87 wrote: »
    Could be a serious split in SF. Remember when Mary lou said there was two separate entities SF Ireland and SF United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Well apparently SF Ireland is on the Hutch side and SF UK is firmly in the Kinihan side. This could be interesting.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You do defend them on the funeral and GDPR issues.

On the funeral, you refuse to say that Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy should follow Dara Calleary's example and resign because they should have known that the funeral they attended was in breach of Covid rules.[/

On the GDPR issues, you accepted from the start that there would be GDPR issues, but that they are trivial and no heads should roll.

Technically, you can argue that you weren't defending them, but your extremely nuanced criticism amounted to exactly the same thing as defending them.

The lies again.

Where did I say they 'are trivial issues and no heads should roll'?

P.S. I said SF got the funeral wrong from the get go.

I also never called for anyone's resignation for breaking Covid regs FF FG SF or anyone else. FACT.
    I did call for Hogan's resignation when he lied...3 times.

2 years ago there was news stories about this person torturing someone, why is this going to hurt Sinn Fein anymore than it did then?

And judging by the last election it didn't hurt them at all.

None of this will hurt them in the elections because they are selling a populist agenda, and they can't even get that right when it comes to the big sell that is housing.

They're exceptionally good at capturing the protest vote - but their real viewpoints on how Ireland should be modeled on, don't get as much attention:

Cuba!
    The infatuation with Venezuela.
    Let's not forget how much they wish they could be running things like Sryzia .

Unionists attend the funerals of ex BA ex Uda ex UVF etc all the time. They also celebrate and remember their dead.

We do it here too, remembering those who fought against unionists and killed them just as profoundly as they did us.
    Sf remember their dead too.

Nobody has the right to say you cannot remember your dead, don't be ridiculous.

Seeing as you're a fan of holding to account - what funerals have they attended of specific people that have murdered.

How about some facts to back that up.

The lies again.

I also never called for anyone's resignation for breaking Covid regs FF FG SF or anyone else. FACT.

I'm curious Francie,how many times does SF have to get things wrong from the get go as you put it before you reconsider the love you have for them?
    I'd be concerned that the Dowdall mis step is only the tip of the iceberg
    A p1ssed off MsM won't be long funding out if it is

• Advertisement

when it comes to the big sell that is housing.

It's ironic that people don't give a damn about the criminal terrorist connections because they want Sinn Fein to build houses, but SF in local government actually consistently opposes development

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

I wouldn't be happy with a unionist party being in the Dail either.

And if a Unionist politician attended the funeral of a UVF member people would call them out for it, and rightly so.
    Unionist politicians have never been shy about supporting sectarian loyalist killers, they even share a stage supporting them:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/mccrea-defends-show-of-support-for-wright-1.83433

190821110-e61f56de-63e3-4242-96c1-b0c11814384b.jpg
    Screenshot-20210427-214945-Twitter.jpg

Arlene met LCC/UDA/UVF representatives a few weeks ago too. She had had meetings with loyalist paramilitaries many times, such as in 2017 with Jackie McDonald, UDA leader, when that group endorsed DUP candidates ahead of elections.

I don't recall much outrage from politicians in the 26 counties about these things. I wonder why.

Seeing as you're a fan of holding to account - what funerals have they attended of specific people that have murdered.

How about some facts to back that up.

:) why would I need 'proof'...nobody else is being expected to prove anything on here. :)

BTW, I presume loyalists are unionists, so google any of the long line of loyalists killers who have died and see who was at his funeral.

I'm curious Francie,how many times does SF have to get things wrong from the get go as you put it before you reconsider the love you have for them?
    I'd be concerned that the Dowdall mis step is only the tip of the iceberg
    A p1ssed off MsM won't be long funding out if it is

I have a long way to go to be honest given what I ignored, turned a blind eye to (as all their voters actually do) when I voted for FF, FG, Lab, Greens, all of whom I have voted for in the past.

Normal One wrote: »
    Unionist politicians have never been shy about supporting sectarian loyalist killers, they even share a stage supporting them:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/mccrea-defends-show-of-support-for-wright-1.83433

190821110-e61f56de-63e3-4242-96c1-b0c11814384b.jpg
    Screenshot-20210427-214945-Twitter.jpg

Arlene met LCC/UDA/UVF representatives a few weeks ago too. She had had meetings with loyalist paramilitaries many times, such as in 2017 with Jackie McDonald, UDA leader, when that group endorsed DUP candidates ahead of elections.

I don't recall much outrage from politicians in the 26 counties about these things. I wonder why.

Almost every single one of the top loyalists were working for MI5 so it's not any different to commemorating British soldiers or whoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I'm lost completely, for years the regency murder was supposed to have been to do with the Kinahan hutch feud and now all of a sudden it's the real IRA/New IRA.

What's changed?

Hutches with the help of Dowdall and the lads up north.

This all well known.

The bugging of Dowdalls car with the Monk inside will reveal a lot more.

10 hours of it.

:) why would I need 'proof'...nobody else is being expected to prove anything on here. :)

BTW, I presume loyalists are unionists, so google any of the long line of loyalists killers who have died and see who was at his funeral.

That just says you are making stuff up.
    Caught again.

Maybe because the DUP aren't running in the 26.

I have a long way to go to be honest given what I ignored, turned a blind eye to (as all their voters actually do) when I voted for FF, FG, Lab, Greens, all of whom I have voted for in the past.

Forever and ever Amen so
    Now's as good a time as any to repeat noone here on the opposing side believes that anyone as prolifically supportive of them here for years as you,ever voted for anyone else,but hey ho carry on with that one
    I mulled last night would there ever be circumstances I'd vote for SF and yet again today I'm fed more shinister fodder to bring me to my senses

2 years ago there was news stories about this person torturing someone, why is this going to hurt Sinn Fein anymore than it did then?

And judging by the last election it didn't hurt them at all.

Who said it will hurt Sinn Féin.

We know their supporters aren't put off by this type of stuff.

I don't mean that in a crass way, but people still vote for SF knowing the history.

It probably means nothing when it comes to elections but it just is another story to add to the many.

• Advertisement

Forever and ever Amen so
    Now's as good a time as any to repeat noone here on the opposing side believes that anyone as prolifically supportive of them here for years as you,ever voted for anyone else,but hey ho carry on with that one
    I mulled last night would there ever be circumstances I'd vote for SF and yet again today I'm fed more shinister fodder to bring me to my senses

I'm a few years ahead of you...I began to wonder why I was being fed the unrelenting fodder - all of it tasting the same and making me behave a certain way..around 2016.

Then I saw the Indo headlines from that election all in a row as I posted earlier...it was a Paulian moment to be honest.

https://www.rabble.ie/2016/02/25/its-payback-time/

My only goal now really is the end of the power swap and a UI. Who I'll be voting for in 5 years or 10 years...no idea.

How many elected DUP representatives have been convicted of terrorist offences or actually in charge of terrorist organizations?
    Then ... Ferris... Ellis ... Gerry.

I'm not sure what your point is unless you're trying to say that Arlene ain't no queen.

image.jpg

The lies again.

We can put this a different way.

Dara Calleary broke Covid restrictions, and resigned because he should have known about them. FF (and their government partners) demonstrated that they are operating to high standards.

Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy broke Covid restrictions, but didn't resign even though they should have known about them. SF demonstrated that they operate to lower standards than the FF/FG/Green government.

What I don't understand is a poster like yourself who continuously accuses the FF/FG/Green government of low standards and incompetence accepts even lower standards from Sinn Fein without a thought.

As for the GDPR issue, if the Abu database has been constructed without consent, and contains any information other than the information on the electoral register, and is accessible to every SF member that is a really really serious issue. No escaping it.

Hutches with the help of Dowdall and the lads up north.

This all well known.

The bugging of Dowdalls car with the Monk inside will reveal a lot more.

10 hours of it.

What lads up north?

How many elected DUP representatives have been convicted of terrorist offences or actually in charge of terrorist organizations?

I'm not sure what your point is unless you're trying to say that Arlene ain't no queen.

image.jpg

See yer wan on the right of the picture Jimmy, her ancestor made the people who raised a private army and brought thousands of guns back into Irish politics a Lord's of the Empire.
    Imagine that, you can threaten the very state when you are Unionist and they make you a Lord.

We know that the leaders of Sinn Fein - Gerry Adams, Mary-Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill - have attended the funerals of terrorist killers. Give us one example of Arlene Foster attending the funeral of a terrorist killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

image.jpg

Have you ever heard of Ulster Resistance? My point is that the DUP and unionists were and are up to their knees in loyalist violence.

I'm glad you posted that pic, it shows what peace and reconciliation can achieve when that is in focus, rather than political footballs.

blanch152 wrote: »
    We can put this a different way.

Dara Calleary broke Covid restrictions, and resigned because he should have known about them. FF (and their government partners) demonstrated that they are operating to high standards.

Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy broke Covid restrictions, but didn't resign even though they should have known about them. SF demonstrated that they operate to lower standards than the FF/FG/Green government.

What I don't understand is a poster like yourself who continuously accuses the FF/FG/Green government of low standards and incompetence accepts even lower standards from Sinn Fein without a thought.

blanch...read slowly...I DID NOT CALL FOR ANY RESIGNATIONS...therefore your nonsense about my 'standards; is waffle for the sake of it.
    As for the GDPR issue, if the Abu database has been constructed without consent, and contains any information other than the information on the electoral register, and is accessible to every SF member that is a really really serious issue. No escaping it.

Are you going to retract you lie about what I said?

Far as I know it is an issue punishable by a fine. It's not anything like an issue where the penalty is a spell in jail.

What lads up north?

Dissidents.

Google flat cap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Lads, what is with the latest, 'Shinister' nonsense? Is that the mandated follow up to #notanormalparty that seems to have died a death?

Awful lot of this discussion has devolved into meme level attempts at witticism, personal digs at Francie and a whole heap of smugness.

As usual, my primary complaint remains that the primary school level b*llocks completely undermines legitimate criticism by making half the posters look unhinged level paranoid. Reds under the bed level stuff half the time.

Advertisement