Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

blanch152 wrote: »
    We know that the leaders of Sinn Fein - Gerry Adams, Mary-Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill - have attended the funerals of terrorist killers. Give us one example of Arlene Foster attending the funeral of a terrorist killer.

Come on, you've missed an open goal here....
    https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/martin-mcguinness-funeral-applause-for-arlene-foster-as-she-takes-her-seat-in-st-columbas-church-35559947.html
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

blanch...read slowly...I DID NOT CALL FOR ANY RESIGNATIONS...therefore your nonsense about my 'standards; is waffle for the sake of it.

Your standards are lower than the standards that the FF/FG/Green government hold themselves to. That is known.

The fact that you didn't call for resignations only confirms that.
    Are you going to retract you lie about what I said?

Far as I know it is an issue punishable by a fine. It's not anything like an issue where the penalty is a spell in jail.

Throughout this thread you have shown you don't know much about GDPR, so let's just leave the discussion at that.

Normal One wrote: »

Well done for pointing out the error of my ways.

I accept that I was wrong. Arlene Foster has attended the funeral of a terrorist - Martin McGuinness.

Not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

Dissidents.

Google flat cap.

I guessed that but why do you think they are from up north?

There seems to be a misconception among a lot of people that republican paramilitaries are all from up north when most of them are from the republic, same during the troubles in fact the entire leadership were from the republic in the early 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Lads, what is with the latest, 'Shinister' nonsense? Is that the mandated follow up to #notanormalparty that seems to have died a death?

Awful lot of this discussion has devolved into meme level attempts at witticism, personal digs at Francie and a whole heap of smugness.

As usual, my primary complaint remains that the primary school level b*llocks completely undermines legitimate criticism by making half the posters look unhinged level paranoid. Reds under the bed level stuff half the time.

What legitimate criticism?

• Advertisement

Marco23d wrote: »
    I guessed that but why do you think they are from up north?

There seems to be a misconception among a lot of people that republican paramilitaries are all from up north when most of them are from the republic, same during the troubles in fact the entire leadership were from the republic in the early 70s.

Eh because flat cap was from the North.

Dowdall was bugged organising guns up north for the regency hit.

Some light reading for you.

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/what-the-monk-and-mary-lou-mcdonald-have-in-common-35785950.html

What point are you trying to make here?

That the South owns the Ra??

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/what-the-monk-and-mary-lou-mcdonald-have-in-common-35785950.html

What point are you trying to make here?

That the South owns the Ra??

Sorry I'm just not very in touch with "Gangland Ireland" it's not my thing so this thread has lost me completely recently.

I'm a few years ahead of you...I began to wonder why I was being fed the unrelenting fodder - all of it tasting the same and making me behave a certain way..around 2016.

Then I saw the Indo headlines from that election all in a row as I posted earlier...it was a Paulian moment to be honest.

https://www.rabble.ie/2016/02/25/its-payback-time/

My only goal now really is the end of the power swap and a UI. Who I'll be voting for in 5 years or 10 years...no idea.

I don't get it,one of he best countries in the world to live in,yet you thinknit needs the Sinn Féin show with all its current baggage to run it
    As for your devotion to and recent conversion to SF
    I'm a Giraffe,did I tell you that yet?
    Well you heard it here first,I'll hapilly remind when relevant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭wetlandsboy

Lads, what is with the latest, 'Shinister' nonsense? Is that the mandated follow up to #notanormalparty that seems to have died a death?

Awful lot of this discussion has devolved into meme level attempts at witticism, personal digs at Francie and a whole heap of smugness.

As usual, my primary complaint remains that the primary school level b*llocks completely undermines legitimate criticism by making half the posters look unhinged level paranoid. Reds under the bed level stuff half the time.

I assume your tongue is firmly in cheek? After all, isn’t it SF and their misinformed supporters who use terms like #Leotheleak or sone such nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Tough day for Sinn Fein. How do you explain away a gangland criminal within your party, working closely with the party leader?

Spare a thought for poor Francie.
    64 posts and still going.

Francie Abú!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Your standards are lower than the standards that the FF/FG/Green government hold themselves to. That is known.

The fact that you didn't call for resignations only confirms that.

Throughout this thread you have shown you don't know much about GDPR, so let's just leave the discussion at that.

So what is the penalty? How many people have gone to jail for breaking GSPR regs blanch?

I stated facts...you have a hard time with them it seems.

Marco23d wrote: »
    Sorry I'm just not very in touch with "Gangland Ireland" it's not my thing so this thread has lost me completely recently.

Neither are many people.

Seems most people don't associate it with political parties.

Except one......

Tough day for Sinn Fein. How do you explain away a gangland criminal within your party, working closely with the party leader?

Francie Abú!

Going by social media, Eoghan Murphy in the morning and Arlene in the afternoon kept Twitter busy...haven't seen this story trend all day. Usually indicative that the only people who care are the usual crew on here.

Going by social media, Eoghan Murphy in the morning and Arlene in the afternoon kept Twitter busy...haven't seen this story trend all day. Usually indicative that the only people who care are the usual crew on here.

Maybe people realise its par for the course at this stage.

Nothing surprises anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Francie Abú!

you dont

you explain nothing you just deflect , and whatabout till people lose interest

page 1 of the shinner party play book

Maybe people realise its par for the course at this stage.

Nothing surprises anymore.

Or, as happened in the election campaign, it is just more dirt throwing hoping something...anything will stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

See yer wan on the right of the picture Jimmy, her ancestor made the people who raised a private army and brought thousands of guns back into Irish politics a Lord's of the Empire.
    Imagine that, you can threaten the very state when you are a Unionist and they make you a Lord.

Private army? One of those two was in charge of the private army in Derry who murdered a census form collector Joanne Mathers in 1981, and the other is a British tourist attraction.

I wouldn't support any party of either of those people.

So what is the penalty? How many people have gone to jail for breaking GSPR regs blanch?

I stated facts...you have a hard time with them it seems.

I don't know, I don't even know what GSPR regs are.

Private army? One of those two was in charge of the private army in Derry who murdered a census form collector Joanne Mathers in 1981, and the other is a British tourist attraction.

The other is the Head of the British Armed Forces actually Jimmy. Who shot some people in Derry if you remember and who have locked away the files on bombing two of my local towns and our capital city, in which her forces were allegedly involved.

Mad old world eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Those are new stories - The gangland connections to Sinn Fein - it's business as usual.

• Advertisement

I don't know, I don't even know what GSPR regs are.

Aw you got me blanch...you got me good!

But I did notice you have no 'facts' to refute what I said.

The other is the Head of the British Armed Forces actually Jimmy. Who shot some people in Derry if you remember and who have locked away the files on bombing two of my local towns and our capital city, in which her forces were allegedly involved.

Mad old world eh?

If they were only allegedly involved, they get a free pass from you, don't they?

Or is that only applied to one side?

If they were only allegedly involved, they get a free pass from you, don't they?

Or is that only applied to one side?

Yes...in the case Dublin Monaghan Belturbet...not for the stuff they did do though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

What legitimate criticism?

The initial actual discussion of the GDPR breach(es), their complete and utter lack of economically viable policies, the actual association with Dowdall, their questionable financials, the lack of political nous in certain parts of the party, I could go on all feckin night.....what isn't legitimate criticism is descending into idiotic memes and soundbites, or throwing sh*t at the wall and hoping it sticks, or just schoolboy ganging up attempts at bullying another poster who disagrees on points while falsely attributing positions to him?
    I assume your tongue is firmly in cheek? After all, isn’t it SF and their misinformed supporters who use terms like #Leotheleak or sone such nonsense?

If you think #leotheleak is somehow more low brow than the absolute doldrums that is the 'shinister' pun, or the previously recurring #notanormalparty, I can't help you much. They're both absolute lowest common denominator nonsense that should have no part in sensible political discourse. Absolutely pathetic on both counts, but I don't think the knuckledraggers posting #leotheleak have half the pseudoinflated opinions of themselves that those I'm talking about hold.

The initial actual discussion of the GDPR breach(es), their complete and utter lack of economically viable policies, the actual association with Dowdall, their questionable financials, the lack of political nous in certain parts of the party, I could go on all feckin night.....what isn't legitimate criticism is descending into idiotic memes and soundbites, or throwing sh*t at the wall and hoping it sticks, or just schoolboy ganging up attempts at bullying another poster who disagrees on points while falsely attributing positions to him?

If you think #leotheleak is somehow more low brow than the absolute doldrums that is the 'shinister' pun, or the previously recurring #notanormalparty, I can't help you much. They're both absolute lowest common denominator nonsense that should have no part in sensible political discourse. Absolutely pathetic on both counts, but I don't think the knuckledraggers posting #leotheleak have half the pseudoinflated opinions of themselves that those I'm talking about hold.

So there is bullying going on is this thread now??

Ah here.

Seriously, posters give it and have to be able to take it.

Don't you be here for the Leo memes and twitter gifs we're gifted with each day??

Bullying.

Come on.

So there is bullying going on is this thread now??

Ah here.

Seriously, posters give it and have to be able to take it.

Bullying.

Come on.

I see an awful lot more give than take from certain circles. Some particular posters of which I know are all too happy to run off to the report post button when it suits them.

But yes, I'd consider misquoting, falsely attributing statements and presenting complete and utter strawman positions as if they're representative of another poster ad bullying, particularly when it is a consistent and concerned effort from one group of posters.

To be clear, I'm not insinuating that it is an intentionally concerted effort, with orders coming from on high (though that is the level of nonsense that has been thrown at Francie on here, I wouldn't lower myself to that level).

EDIT: I notice you've added an edit of your own in regarding Leo memes since I posted....that would've been a great gotcha if I hadn't addressed the low brow Leo meme level sh*te directly in the bloody post you quoted.

I see an awful lot more give than take from certain circles. Some particular posters of which I know are all too happy to run off to the report post button when it suits them.

But yes, I'd consider misquoting, falsely attributing statements and presenting complete and utter strawman positions as if they're representative of another poster ad bullying, particularly when it is a consistent and concerned effort from one group of posters.

To be clear, I'm not insinuating that it is an intentionally concerted effort, with orders coming from on high (though that is the level of nonsense that has been thrown at Francie on here, I wouldn't lower myself to that level).

You should report all this new information.

Some accusations you're throwing around.

Maybe needs investigating.

To be clear there is usually 3-4 posters in here on Francies side.

They have vanished today.

You should report all this new information.

Some accusations you're throwing around.

Maybe needs investigating.

To be clear there is usually 3-4 posters in here on Francies side.

They have vanished today.

It's there for anyone to see; one of the prime instigators straight in there without even a kiss to thank your post and all.

Instead of pithy nonsense, you can feel free to actually counter the points I'm making, or alternatively feel free to ignore.

You could also resort to calling me a Shinnerbot, a sock puppet or any of the usual retorts for anyone with a touch more nuance to their opinion than considering SF the devil himself incarnate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Perhaps in FG's "mainland", England.
    There does seem to be a mad attempt by FG and its friends in the media to associate SF with crime. In the past, there were even two well known FG front benchers who were first cousins to a major gangland figure.
    Well, it is the Indo.

This latest "get SF" story seems to have been pushed down the news cycle by the shock resignation of Eoghan Murphy. At least the Indo hasn't blamed that on SF... yet.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

The killing of Joanne Mathers always made me very suspicious it came two days before the Bobby sands election vote when the IRA had ceased all offensive operations for the hunger strike.

That they would put an end to this cessation two days before the election to kill a young woman collecting census forms is quite bizarre and hard to believe.

Advertisement