Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    I see an awful lot more give than take from certain circles. Some particular posters of which I know are all too happy to run off to the report post button when it suits them.

But yes, I'd consider misquoting, falsely attributing statements and presenting complete and utter strawman positions as if they're representative of another poster ad bullying, particularly when it is a consistent and concerned effort from one group of posters.

To be clear, I'm not insinuating that it is an intentionally concerted effort, with orders coming from on high (though that is the level of nonsense that has been thrown at Francie on here, I wouldn't lower myself to that level).

Went off to watch a gardening video there and put my seedlings in for the night. :)

As anyone can see I enjoy a debate, but the constant lies and misrepresentation by certain posters who just run away without apology are tiresome and galling.

If your argument has any validity at all, there should be no need to lie and misrepresent. Glad I am not the only one to notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Went off to watch a gardening video there and put my seedlings in for the night. :)

As anyone can see I enjoy a debate, but the constant lies and misrepresentation by certain posters who just run away without apology are tiresome and galling.

If your argument has any validity at all, there should be no need to lie and misrepresent. Glad I am not the only one to notice it.

In fairness Francie, I've disagreed with varying levels of vehemence with an awful lot you've posted in our interactions on here, but I'm just fed up with the sheer intellectual dishonesty of some of the misrepresentation and misattribution that goes on in this thread in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

jmcc wrote: »
    Perhaps in FG's "mainland", England.

There does seem to be a mad attempt by FG and its friends in the media to associate SF with crime. In the past, there were even two well known FG front benchers who were first cousins to a major gangland figure.

Well, it is the Indo.

This latest "get SF" story seems to have been pushed down the news cycle by the shock resignation of Eoghan Murphy. At least the Indo hasn't blamed that on SF... yet.

Regards...jmcc

That is hilarious. FG are deliberately associating SF with crime?

Your argument is that FG frontbenchers are related to someone vs actual SF members who commit crimes.

Well, that's mad Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Lads, what is with the latest, 'Shinister' nonsense? Is that the mandated follow up to #notanormalparty that seems to have died a death?

Awful lot of this discussion has devolved into meme level attempts at witticism, personal digs at Francie and a whole heap of smugness.

As usual, my primary complaint remains that the primary school level b*llocks completely undermines legitimate criticism by making half the posters look unhinged level paranoid. Reds under the bed level stuff half the time.

It is sinister when, under different circumstances, someone who is involved in serious organised crime could be a Sinn Fein government TD, or who knows, maybe a minister, even minister for justice.

Dowdall could have been a SF candidate in almost any constituency in the last GE and have got elected.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

In fairness Francie, I've disagreed with varying levels of vehemence with an awful lot you've posted in our interactions on here, but I'm just fed up with the sheer intellectual dishonesty of some of the misrepresentation and misattribution that goes on in this thread in particular.

You have and I appreciate your respect for the principles of debate...do not lie and misrepresent the other person no matter what you think of their opinion.

• Advertisement

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    It is sinister when, under different circumstances, someone who is involved in serious organised crime could be a Sinn Fein government TD, or who knows, maybe a minister, even minister for justice.

Dowdall could have been a SF candidate in almost any constituency in the last GE and have got elected.
    He was a councillor and got rumbled....a tad sensationalist there perhaps SS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

That is hilarious. FG are deliberately associating SF with crime?
    Trying to. The SF database issue seems to have been sidelined due to landing FG and other parties in the crap over GDPR/privacy breaches.
    Your argument is that FG frontbenchers are related to someone vs actual SF members who commit crimes.
    My argument is that FG and its friends in the media are desparate to associate SF with crime as it takes the spotlight over FFG's poor performance in government.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Trying to. The SF database issue seems to have been sidelined due to landing FG and other parties in the crap over GDPR/privacy breaches.

My argument is that FG and its friends in the media are desparate to associate SF with crime as it takes the spotlight over FFG's poor performance in government.

Regards...jmcc

SF have been associated with SF/IRA(crime) for 40 or so years in the media!!!!!

You think it's some conspiracy all of a sudden????

Ah lads.

I don't even have a problem with that; Dowdall is clearly a scumbag and questions should certainly be asked about his involvement with SF (though the hyperbole of going from that to 'minister for justice'....that's a stretch). An inanimate carbon rod could've been a SF candidate in almost any constituency in the last GE and got elected, that's a shocking indictment of the other parties and the faith the electorate have in them than anything else. SF success reminds me of Brewsters Millions and his, 'none of the above' schebango more than any great politicking on their behalf.

My issue isn't with criticism of SF; I'm happy enough to do so myself. It is with the puerile, meme-level nonsense coming though, like the absolute w*nkfest that is perfectly summed up by the likes of the, 'Shinister' thing catching on among some most recently, and all the circle-jerk back patting that goes with it.

I don't even have a problem with that; Dowdall is clearly a scumbag and questions should certainly be asked about his involvement with SF (though the hyperbole of going from that to 'minister for justice'....that's a stretch). An inanimate carbon rod could've been a SF candidate in almost any constituency in the last GE and got elected, that's a shocking indictment of the other parties and the faith the electorate than anything else. SF success reminds me of Brewsters Millions and his, 'none of the above' schebango more than any great politicking on their behalf.

My issue isn't with criticism of SF; I'm happy enough to do so myself. It is with the puerile, meme-level nonsense coming though, like the absolute w*nkfest that is perfectly summed up by the likes of the, 'Shinister' thing catching on among some most recently, and all the circle-jerk back patting that goes with it.

OK we get it.

You're not happy with the treatment of Francie.

As he said, he's a big lad, let's move on.

You seem obsessed and very angry.

• Advertisement

A long day for a lot of folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Perhaps in FG's "mainland", England.

There does seem to be a mad attempt by FG and its friends in the media to associate SF with crime. In the past, there were even two well known FG front benchers who were first cousins to a major gangland figure.

Well, it is the Indo.

This latest "get SF" story seems to have been pushed down the news cycle by the shock resignation of Eoghan Murphy. At least the Indo hasn't blamed that on SF... yet.

Regards...jmcc

Regards...jmcc

First I want to thank you for your previous reply to me. It was the best post I have ever seen you make. You responded to points I made with evidence, something I have never seen you do before.

Second thing is that I am going to point out that these current posts are not the same quality. It is the usual deflection, ham-fisted distraction, big lie of a media conspiracy. It's low-grade agitprop, which I'm going to point out is contravening the rules about off-topic discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Regards...jmcc

And non-SF posters get accused of lies and misrepresentation??!!???

No other party has a central database recording the voting opinions of every voter in the country without their consent and accessible to every member of Sinn Fein.

It is only those ignorant of GDPR that downplay this scenario.

First I want to thank you for your previous reply to me. It was the best post I have ever seen you make. You responded to points I made with evidence, something I have never seen you do before.

Second thing is that I am going to point out that these current posts are not the same quality. It is the usual deflection, ham-fisted distraction, big lie of a media conspiracy. It's low-grade agitprop, which I'm going to point, is contravening the rules about off-topic discussion.

Bullying, don't forget that one.

OK we get it.

You're not happy with the treatment of Francie.

As he said, he's a big lad, let's move on.

You seem obsessed.

See the bit where I said if you can't address the point, feel free to jog on? You can take that option any time, or could actually respond to content instead of attempting low grade insults instead. I'd suggest one or the other rather than trying to continue with the playground nonsense though.

I seem obsessed? You're jumping into posts that are in reply to other posters, that make precisely zero reference to the poster you're talking about to try and wedge your incredible insight into the conversation....perhaps look elsewhere for the obsession, pal.

See the bit where I said if you can't address the point, feel free to jog on? You can take that option any time, or could actually respond to content instead of attempting low grade insults instead. I'd suggest one or the other rather than trying to continue with the playground nonsense though.

I seem obsessed? You're jumping into posts that are in reply to other posters, that make precisely zero reference to the poster you're talking about to try and wedge your incredible insight into the conversation....perhaps look elsewhere for the obsession, pal.

Why are you so hell bent on defending Francie all of a sudden?

We get it. You feel sorry for him.

Doesn't mean we agree with you.

You're spending a lot of time going around in circles about it.

Thanks lad:)

Just going to mention something that I don't think was discussed here, yesterday Sinn Féin's TD Matt Carthy gave the keynote address at a commemoration for Provisional IRA man Séamus McElwain, who killed 10 people, and apparently attempted to murder Arlene Foster's father.

Again, SF having its cake and eating it about IRA connections.

Just going to mention something that I don't think was discussed here, yesterday Sinn Féin's TD Matt Carthy gave the keynote address at a commemoration for Provisional IRA man Séamus McElwain, who killed 10 people, and apparently attempted to murder Arlene Foster's father.

Again, SF having its cake and eating it about IRA connections.

Collateral damage.

Why are you so hell bent on defending Francie all of a sudden?

We get it. You feel sorry for him.

Doesn't mean we agree with you.

You're spending a lot of time going around in circles about it.

Thanks lad:)

Another post where my only mention of Francie is specifying that I didn't reference him in my previous post....is it projection or do you have comprehension issues?

....and I'M allegedly the obsessed one? Sleep well pal, I'm off to bed.

Another post where my only mention of Francie is specifying that I didn't reference him in my previous post....is it projection or do you have comprehension issues?

....and I'M allegedly the obsessed one? Sleep well pal, I'm off to bed.

C ya.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    And non-SF posters get accused of lies and misrepresentation??!!???

No other party has a central database recording the voting opinions of every voter in the country without their consent and accessible to every member of Sinn Fein.

It is only those ignorant of GDPR that downplay this scenario.
    SF has been pilloried in the Sindo/Indo over this issue and its basis was an electioneering document for SF canvassers. The actual content and schema of the database were unknown. The problem is that the Sindo focus on the subject also brought other parties into the frame over breaches of GDPR and data privacy. SF spun the issue and engaged with the DPC. There is no word yet on those breaches by other parties.

SF is, as a party, a very effective media operator. The other parties are not really in the same league. It has had decades of adverse publicity and dealing with a hostile media where as FF, FG and Labour have been intertwined with the Dublin media.

The latest attempt to associate SF with criminality has been bumped down the news cycle due to the shock resignation of Eoghan Murphy. The speculation about the byelection caused by this resignation and the upcoming submission of the Varadkar file to the DPP are going to knock SF off the top of the news cycle for a while.

Regards...jmcc

SF has been pilloried in the Sindo/Indo over this issue and its basis was an electioneering document for SF canvassers. The actual content and schema of the database were unknown. The problem is that the Sindo focus on the subject also brought other parties into the frame over breaches of GDPR and data privacy. SF spun the issue and engaged with the DPC. There is no word yet on those breaches by other parties.

SF is, as a party, a very effective media operator. The other parties are not really in the same league. It has had decades of adverse publicity and dealing with a hostile media where as FF, FG and Labour have been intertwined with the Dublin media.

The latest attempt to associate SF with criminality has been bumped down the news cycle due to the shock resignation of Eoghan Murphy. The speculation about the byelection caused by this resignation and the upcoming submission of the Varadkar file to the DPP are going to knock SF off the top of the news cycle for a while.

Regards...jmcc

Arlene did her bit today too. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

He was a councillor and got rumbled....a tad sensationalist there perhaps SS?

rumbled ?

He is clearly a violent criminal involved in serious organized crime at the highest level while also a member of your party

rumbled suggests he was caught stealing stationery

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Its no secret that some of the old school SF TD's have connections to gangland but in working class areas where they get elected nobody seems to have a problem with that as long as they can "deliver" for their constituents.

Arlene did her bit today too. :)
    A leadership challenge? That could be interesting as the next leader will be, potentially, the DUP leader for the Border Poll. Is SF responsible for this too? :) The North seems even more complex for SF in media terms but there seems to be more balance there.

Regards...jmcc

rumbled ?

He is clearly a violent criminal involved in serious organized crime at the highest level while also a member of your party

rumbled suggests he was caught stealing stationery

Clearly?

So the Indo is wrong here? He seemed to have even the Gardai fooled. You spoofing there Stevo?

On paper, Dowdall looked like the perfect choice to chauffeur a man being hunted by criminals. At the time, Dowdall had no convictions, respectability of sorts and a valid driver's licence, as well as being a trusted northside family friend. He had absolutely no involvement in the gang warfare, according to Garda sources, or in the Regency Hotel attack.

Regards...jmcc

This post doesn't even make any sense.

Same old 'big media conspiracy' line, but now with added contradiciton.

Jmcc makes a few points:
    1. SF had no data protection breaches because it was a very simple, non secret-database. All the parties had data protection breaches.
    2. SF is the real media mover and shaker. On the other hand the other parties have got much more control and experience
    3. The media outlets are totally biased and are headlining an item designed to associate.. sorry I need to collect myself.. associate Sinn Fein with criminality. On the other hand the media outlets will immediately drop this because they aren't particularly partisan and will care about Eoghan Murphy resigning.

Sure I've always said that SF members seem to feel that holding patently contradictory views makes sense.

Clearly?

So the Indo is wrong here? He seemed to have even the Gardai fooled. You spoofing there Stevo?

yeap clearly .

an ideal candidate

for the SCC

yeap clearly .

an ideal candidate

for the SCC

Yet again...gets caught out...switches point being made. :)

• Advertisement

Yet again...gets caught out...switches point being made. :)

your not accusing me of deflection are you Francie ?

lol the irony :):):)

Advertisement