Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,850 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Rubbish.

I would not hang him, I am against the death penalty, but I note your indirect support of it.

If Martin Morris believes I have defamed him, let him sue.

Remarkable, when you think of it, if I defamed someone here, as you have, and offered that challenge 'sue me' as a validation I would probably and properly receive a ban and the post would be deleted.

*I did get the best laugh I got in a long while, when the guy pointing out the word 'but' as a defence, completely missed the 'if' in the sentence 'You would hang him 'if' the penalty was hanging' and inferred I am a supporter of the death penalty.

Too much fun! :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Never heard of Martin Morris until I read this thread.

It’ll be the site that will be sued if there was any suing would it not?

o i dont know , She could always go after the party, plenty of funds and a lower burden of proof in civil cases

could make herself a very rich woman

Never heard of Martin Morris until I read this thread.

It’ll be the site that will be sued if there was any suing would it not?

The intention was to name him.

For the record (with no opinion on guilt or innocence) he and his 4 co-accused turned up at court to defend themselves.
    The trial didn't go ahead, but some have found him guilty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Remarkable, when you think of it, if I defamed someone here, as you have, and offered that challenge 'sue me' as a validation I would probably and properly receive a ban and the post would be deleted.

*I did get the best laugh I got in a long while, when the guy pointing out the word 'but' as a defence, completely missed the 'if' in the sentence 'You would hang him 'if' the penalty was hanging' and inferred I am a supporter of the death penalty.

Too much fun! :D:D

It’s a remarkable thread. Innuendo and invective the order of the day in what they refer to as “the Sinn Fein thread” earlier.

It’s not the “Sinn Fein thread” it’s part 3 of a Sinn Fein bashing thread by fans of other political parties comprising from time to time of valid criticism but added to with copious amounts of innuendo and rumour mongering. They go way over the top, and it becomes rendered meaningless and self defeating.

o i dont know , She could always go after the party, plenty of funds and a lower burden of proof in civil cases

could make herself a very rich woman

What are you talking about

• Advertisement

It’s a remarkable thread. Innuendo and invective the order of the day in what they refer to as “the Sinn Fein thread” earlier.

It’s not the “Sinn Fein thread” it’s part 3 of a Sinn Fein bashing thread by fans of other political parties comprising from time to time of valid criticism but added to with copious amounts of innuendo and rumour mongering. They go way over the top, and it becomes rendered meaningless and self defeating.

Allegation = guilt if it's a Shinner.

Allegations and criminal investigations against others are spurious and time wasting though.

Allegation = guilt if it's a Shinner.

Allegations and criminal investigations against others are spurious and time wasting though.

Shinnester LOL

Shinnester LOL

That's the policy..shinnisterism.

they don't really care about democracy, or justice or victims or the people or the morals or the social compact - because it all gets thrown out the window when dealing with the Shinners - what the Shinnisterists CARE about is the preservation of the power swapped between FF and FG mainly. And they will insinuate, defame, misrepresent and lie to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

'I'm not a racist but....' style commentary in all it's glory.

oh jaysus Francie..

oh jaysus Francie..

Your opening sentence:

'I usually am a firm believer of 'not guilty until proven guilty' ... and then you go on to not believe in it and more. :)

Exactly the same style as 'I am not a racist, but....'

We all know what's coming when somebody says that line too.

• Advertisement

That's the policy..shinnisterism.

they don't really care about democracy, or justice or victims or the people or the morals or the social compact - because it all gets thrown out the window when dealing with the Shinners - what the Shinnisterists CARE about is the preservation of the power swapped between FF and FG mainly. And they will insinuate, defame, misrepresent and lie to do it.

Them Shinnesters, they're always at the jingoistic sabre rattling:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

skimpydoo's threadban lifted after discussion with poster

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What exactly is your point here? This sounds like some incoherent rambling that would be put on the front page of the Sunday Independent.

Are you Brendan O’Connor?

What was that famous quote from Pulp Fiction

“You heard me Punchy”.........:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The intention was to name him.

For the record (with no opinion on guilt or innocence) he and his 4 co-accused turned up at court to defend themselves.
    The trial didn't go ahead, but some have found him guilty anyway.

He is named all over the internet. First, the primary source:

https://mairiacahill.com/

Now some of the many secondary sources:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/revealed-the-reason-mairias-rape-case-did-not-proceed-30693265.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/topics/topics-7.1213540?article=true&tag_person=Martin+Morris

https://thebrokenelbow.com/tag/martin-morris/

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/09/14/news/sister-reject-going-to-police-with-sex-abuse-complaint-1433760/

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/mcdonald-protecting-ira-over-cahill-abuse-claims-claims-martin-37335346.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29739361

Is there a media outlet that hasn't named him?

Your protests lack any semblance of sincerity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The Citizen and Francie if ye want to start a new thread praising Sinn Fein and repeatedly answering each other’s posts maybe you could do that there instead of here.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Do not praise Sinn Fein in thread about Sinn Fein?

6 quote and posts between them in the last page. Get a room you guys!

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    The Citizen and Francie if ye want to start a new thread praising Sinn Fein and repeatedly answering each other’s posts maybe you could do that there instead of here.

Why should I or Francie there leave the thread, speaking for myself I'm not the one peddling baseless allegations on this thread.

I criticise Sinn Fein when it's due. This recent case of an ex SF member up in court for the Regency attacks is not a good look for SF and it's the reason why I came on the thread yesterday for the first time in ages. I've also made the point that SF badly need more candidates but in that search for candidates they obviously need to be careful about who comes forward for them.

By the same token there's a lot of comment on here which amounts to hearsay and rumours like posters saying the Kinahans are funding SF and yet this former SF member is being charged with attacking the Kinahans? Don't know how that works or how posters can come on here and spread rumours like that re Sinn Fein without a shred of evidence.

You'd prefer if I disappeared off the thread so that there's no challenge or questioning of these entirely baseless allegations it appears. That's not very democratic of you.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Gerry Kelly telling Martina Anderson to stand down. Is it the early 80’s?

blanch152 wrote: »

It isn't a 'protest', it is pointing out what you are doing. Which is revealing more about you than anything else, which is fine by me.

I have asked the mods can we all do it with anyone we please - name somebody as a rapist, or the perpetrator any crime.

Here is how the media do it, which has respect for people's rights.
    The man accused of her rape, Martin Morris, and four others separately accused of IRA involvement............,

You, nor I, nor the media or anyone else has heard a syllable of his defence, a defence he turned up to give but wasn't allowed to.

You should respect that, but you don't, nor do you respect the principle in other instances. As I said, reveals more about you than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Has there been any statement from anyone in Sinn Féin about this?

• Advertisement

Why should I or Francie there leave the thread, speaking for myself I'm not the one peddling baseless allegations on this thread.

I criticise Sinn Fein when it's due. This recent case of an ex SF member up in court for the Regency attacks is not a good look for SF and it's the reason why I came on the thread yesterday for the first time in ages. I've also made the point that SF badly need more candidates but in that search for candidates they obviously need to be careful about who comes forward for them.

By the same token there's a lot of comment on here which amounts to hearsay and rumours like posters saying the Kinahans are funding SF and yet this former SF member is being charged with attacking the Kinahans? Don't know how that works or how posters can come on here and spread rumours like that re Sinn Fein without a shred of evidence.

You'd prefer if I disappeared off the thread so that there's no challenge or questioning of these entirely baseless allegations it appears. That's not very democratic of you.

I don’t want you to become one of the disappeared. We have had enough of those already.

However 2 posters engaged in a 2 way conversation on a thread does nothing for debate.

Nowt like a bit of attempted censorship I suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I am a floating voter who voted for SF for the first time in the last election. I stated yesterday why I voted SF. If SF ever get in to government FF and FG will dramatically have to change what they have done in the past. Can a leopard change their spots? If SF get in government and are a disaster it will take a hell of a lot to get me to vote for them again.

We will never know how SF will do until they are in government, we have given FF and FG so many chances so why can't we give SF just one and see how it goes? I also live in the constituency of Eoghan Murphy and I am certain that SF will probably have Lynn Boylan running to get in. Yesterday it was noted on here that she is a cousin of Daniel Kinahan, well Gay and the late Jim Mitchell were cousins of The Penguin and they were not mired in controversy. The fact that the Kinahan and Hutch's are mentioned shows how scared the old guard cartel of FF and FG are off SF.

I don’t want you to become one of the disappeared. We have had enough of those already.

However 2 posters engaged in a 2 way conversation on a thread does nothing for debate.

Are we not engaged in a two way conversation now? Do you only have a problem with people that apparently agree with each other on some issues that you see as your opponents is that your problem?

It doesn't sound to me like you're interested in debate, you just ignored the comment I made to you where I actually stated I was questioning SF's vetting procedures in their pursuit of finding candidates for the growing support they have with the electorate.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Has there been any statement from anyone in Sinn Féin about this?

About what?

About what?

About what appears to be a bunch of Fine Gael fans on boards.ie taking it upon themselves to spread baseless accusations re the leaders of the opposition and then attempt to shut down questioning of these baseless allegations perhaps:pac:

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I am a floating voter who voted for SF for the first time in the last election. I stated yesterday why I voted SF. If SF ever get in to government FF and FG will dramatically have to change what they have done in the past. Can a leopard change their spots? If SF get in government and are a disaster it will take a hell of a lot to get me to vote for them again.

We will never know how SF will do until they are in government, we have given FF and FG so many chances so why can't we give SF just one and see how it goes? I also live in the constituency of Eoghan Murphy and I am certain that SF will probably have Lynn Boylan running to get in. Yesterday it was noted on here that she is a cousin of Daniel Kinahan, well Gay and the late Jim Mitchell were cousins of The Penguin and they were not mired in controversy. The fact that the Kinahan and Hutch's are mentioned shows how scared the old guard cartel of FF and FG are off SF.

You really need to rethink your expectations of what will be horse traded in a coalition with SF
    There is no Narnia
    I've no problem with them in government if thats whats negotiated
    What is certain is SF will then experience what its like to disapoint,to be realistic in other words
    Their supporters will also feel the downer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

im still waiting to hear what the ANBSFers have to say about the Sinn Fein GDPR issue. They were all about it during the past few weeks - gone pretty quiet now. A non story, it has turned out to be (well, quite a non specific SF story). So much for the gossip.

The missed point was that the party hadn’t really done much wrong.
    "Drawing attention to the issue by any one party is kind of like organising a circular firing squad"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40276490.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

You really need to rethink your expectations of what will be horse traded in a coalition with SF
    There is no Narnia
    I've no problem with them in government if thats whats negotiated
    What is certain is SF will then experience what its like to disapoint,to be realistic in other words
    Their supporters will also feel the downer

dont worry - sure blanch152 likes to tell us that SF will lose votes next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I am certain that SF will probably have Lynn Boylan running to get in.

SF have a lot to consider before making that call. AFAIK Boylan's 'home patch' is Tallaght; does she really want to base herself in DBS over the long term? If she were to win the by-election, could SF really expect to retain two seats in such a constituency in the next GE?

Advertisement