Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

20 posts back I was saying if somebody knowingly breaks the regs they should be sanctioned.

From the very start I have said SF may have issues here to answer to.

I have repeatedly said improper use is wrong. I have said anybody knowingly breaking the rules should be sanctioned.

The trouble you had with teeth pulling was your own inability to understand.

All of the above has mothing to do with the questions I asked about issues around people whose connections/character are dubious legitimately accessing Abú
    Its outside the regulations to resolve that
    You gave a good answer and then you ripped away any sincerity in that answer with the above obfuscation
    Sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,867 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

All of the above has mothing to do with the questions I asked about issues around people whose connections/character are dubious legitimately accessing Abú
    Its outside the regulations to resolve that
    You gave a good answer and then you ripped away any sincerity in tgat answers with the above obfuscation
    Sigh!

Surely you are not holding organisations responsible for people who are trusted to access data turning out to be of criminal intent?
    Would you be looking for resignations in the Gardai? Not the first time their systems were used by people with criminal intent.

All any organisation can do is put safeguards in place and sanction those who abuse them.

I trust many many organisations to do that from the Gardai to my Doctor to the local school,

Surely you are not holding organisations responsible for people who are trusted to access data turning out to be of criminal intent?
    Would you be looking for resignations in the Gardai? Not the first time their systems were used by people with criminal intent.

All any organisation can do is put safeguards in place and sanction those who abuse them.

I trust many many organisations to do that from the Gardai to my Doctor to the local school,

This thread is not about the Gardaí
    Its about an organisation putting forward candidates for election, that would be best not having the perception of any criminal associations dipping into its data base for potentially nefarious purposes
    I'm sure the mandarins in HQ are working on strategies to head off controversies around that or questions
    Sunday papers aren't shy
    You may get your new log in to help out in the scrutiny Francie,assuming they've all been changed
    Chop chop :)

This thread is not about the Gardaí
    Its about an organisation putting forward candidates for election, that would be best not having the perception of any criminal associations dipping into its data base for potentially nefarious purposes
    This thread is not about your perceptions either. Perceive away to your hearts content..
    I'm sure the mandarins in HQ are working on strategies to head off controversies around that or questions
    Sunday papers aren't shy
    You may get your new log in to help out in the scrutiny Francie,assuming they've all been changed
    Chop chop
    :)

WTF is that about?

This thread is not about your perceptions either. Perceive away to your hearts content..
    Its not me you have to worry about,I've no.plans to vote SF :)

WTF is that about?
    I waa thinking,someone with your devotion to the party would be first in to help vet and filter out anyone of dubvious probriety continuing to access Abú
    In these days of WfH,you'd need the new logi in details for the system wouldn't you :)

• Advertisement

Its not me you have to worry about,I've no.plans to vote SF :)

I waa thinking,someone with your devotion to the party would be first in to help vet and filter out anyone of dubvious probriety continuing to access Abú
    In these days of WfH,you'd need the new logi in details for the system wouldn't you :)

Why do you need to do that? I am not a member nor never have or will be a member of any political party.

If that is the best you can come up with to debate, then I feel sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

But the Data protection commissioner does.
    Any breaches of data protection in an organisation can result in penalties against the organisation and the Data protection officer in that organisation under GDPR regulations.

They take it seriously.

Edit: it's also possible for people to sue the organisation directly outside of the courts AFAIK.

Triangle wrote: »
    But the Data protection commissioner does.
    Any breaches of data protection in an organisation can result in penalties against the organisation and the Data protection officer in that organisation under GDPR regulations.

They take it seriously.

Yes, they do.

If you knowingly let a criminal access data.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Yes, they do.

A place that's hacked is liable, not doing checks on who has acess - makes them liable.
    Generally the onus is on the organisation to protect your data.

There are slight differences in the rules for governmental depts/public bodies like the gardai.

Yes, they do.

So is it your position that if you're known to Gardaí,if you are a person unlikely to pass a Garda vetting process for anything that needs it,you're good to go on Abú anyway as long as you haven't been convicted?

• Advertisement

Triangle wrote: »
    A place that's hacked is liable, not doing checks on who has acess - makes them liable.
    Generally the onus is on the organisation to protect your data.

There are slight differences in the rules for governmental depts/public bodies like the gardai.

If they are liable, then they should face whatever sanction is deemed fit.

Not sure what more I need to say on that.

So is it your position that if you're known to Gardaí,if you are a person unlikely to pass a Garda vetting process for anything that needs it,you're good to go on Abú anyway as long as you haven't been convicted?

You are pulling your own teeth now.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117033056&postcount=5333

Nope
    Still working on your dentures unfortunately,as your follow up posts over cooked the rowbacks with the fixadent

Nope
    Still working on your dentures unfortunately,as your follow up posts over cooked the rowbacks with the fixadent

Can't help you so.

I'll leave it there. Enough said on this topic until more info emerges/

Putting a database on the internet containing personal information gleaned from the electoral register, voting intentions, and perhaps little comments about voters from party activists, with only the most rudimentary of security controls to protect it was always going to be a fiasco in the making.

Obviously we all need to take a ‘wait and see’ approach but I’d be surprised if it hasn’t been breached tbh. Shambolic security controls. The richest political party in Europe couldn’t secure a database? Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

. The richest political party in Europe couldn’t secure a database? Jesus.

Thats quite a bold claim, where did you get that from?

smurgen wrote: »
    It's amazing that an opposition party thread gets such a level of focus as this. All of the things going on and this has more traffic than nearly any other thread in boards in politics or current affairs. The teams working on bumping it morning,noon and night are doing a stellar job.

Just 5 members have contributed 44% of all the posts to the thread. It could arguably be spun out into a WhatsApp group :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

Just 5 members have contributed 44% of all the posts to the thread. It could arguably be spun out into a WhatsApp group :)

😂😂😂

That made me laugh

Then lots of other people wouldn’t get to read it.

Nah, bad idea.

Then lots of other people wouldn’t get to read it.

Nah, bad idea.

I'm sure someone would leak it Doc! :)

• Advertisement

I'm sure someone would leak it Doc! :)

At least WhatsApp is encrypted,
    Francie.

At least WhatsApp is encrypted,
    Francie.

:) Funny. Didn't look very encrypted to me the last time I read somebody else's messages on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I assume the usual suspects have found a way to blame Sinn Fein for the nutting of the moderate former DUP leader Arlene Foster by the most reactionary elements in Unionism (and on the island of Ireland for that matter).

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I assume the usual suspects have found a way to blame Sinn Fein for the nutting of the moderate former DUP leader Arlene Foster by the most reactionary elements in Unionism (and on the island of Ireland for that matter).

No. Silly thing to suggest tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

No. Silly thing to suggest tbh.

Really? I'll take you up on that. I will bet that in the next month at least one poster here and/or one prominent media contributor will find a tortured logic to blame SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

:) Funny. Didn't look very encrypted to me the last time I read somebody else's messages on it.

Are you working for SF there Francie?
    It's illegal to read someone else's messages without their permission.
    If you have their permission or they show, you them then your point is irrelevant.
    Other than that looking at someone else's messages is illegal.

Are you working for SF there Francie?
    It's illegal to read someone else's messages without their permission.
    If you have their permission or they show, you them then your point is irrelevant.
    Other than that looking at someone else's messages is illegal.

Sense of humour deserted you Bish?

Nothing is encrypted when someone is prepared to leak or whistleblow. The last messages on Whatapp by somebody else that I read was in The Village Magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Sense of humour deserted you Bish?

Nothing is encrypted when someone is prepared to leak or whistleblow. The last messages on Whatapp by somebody else that I read was in The Village Magazine.

But it was shared Francie, not hacked into or gained by illegal means, there's a difference in that.

tdf7187 wrote: »

The victim complex has to stop lads - attacking the press for every minor criticism is a dirty tactic, and here you are criticising them for something that hasn't even happened.

Every party has negative articles written about them, but only when its sinn fein is it pounced on, amplified and spun into a conspiracy that the entire media establishment is out to get them.

• Advertisement

The victim complex has to stop lads

Yeh sure,
    Never mind the significance of what is written here, just look at the headlines in the lead up to the 2016 general election and tell me this paper isn't for sale to the power swap whenever it feels threatened.

https://www.rabble.ie/2016/02/25/its-payback-time/

Advertisement