Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What 'facts'?

There are no 'facts' which is why very few are commiting to what the majority clearly want in the south.
    It really is quite remarkable how much support there is for what is essentially at the moment a leap in the dark.

There is no point to the discussion now that we know what the majority clearly want in the North. An eight-point lead for Remain and that means not a chance of a border poll for years. Boris gets few things right but he seems to have nailed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,866 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The ETB is irrelevant - you brought the ETB into it, its nothing to do with the topic

What sinister slanting?? Its a fairly tame report about how SF process their requests. Nothing sinister about it

They don't require a 'bank statement' as the headline proclaims.
    They actually say the details other than the adress can be hidden.
    They require verification of address and suggest a number of ways to do that.
    The Indo sensationising again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blanch152 wrote: »
    There is no point to the discussion now that we know what the majority clearly want in the North. An eight-point lead for Remain and that means not a chance of a border poll for years. Boris gets few things right but he seems to have nailed that one.

Basing decisions on opinion polls now? What next, whichever way the wind blows?

blanch152 wrote: »
    So you reject the principle of consent which is the cornerstone of GDPR.

Where did I say that?

Fann Linn wrote: »

Take that up with Francie, whose post I was responding to:

few are commiting to what the majority clearly want in the south.
    It really is quite remarkable how much support there is for what is essentially at the moment a leap in the dark.

He is the one calling for decisions based on opinion polls.

• Advertisement

Where did I say that?

Here:
    I really don't care what info any party have on me, or any organisation for that matter, as long as it is used properly and in compliance.

You say you really don't care what info any party have on you as long as it is used properly and in compliance. That makes clear that you are rejecting the principle of consent in the gathering of information. A blanket consent of the type of information being gathered as you suggest is not consistent with GDPR.

Fann Linn wrote: »

This poll clearly says the people want a border poll...no disputing that.
    Time for the Irish government to get a plan and proposal together...then the opinions for and against can be properly judged.

At present it is the status quo versus nothing concrete or clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,493 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This poll clearly says the people want a border poll...no disputing that.
    Time for the Irish government to get a plan and proposal together...then the opinions for and against can be properly judged.

At present it is the status quo versus nothing concrete or clear.

Some people Francie........some people.

And now, instead of working as hard as possible to get clear of this pandemic and huge debt ballooning up, you want to start working on a UI.

This is what we can expect from SF.............God help this country if that happens.

Some people Francie........some people.

And now, instead of working as hard as possible to get clear of this pandemic and huge debt ballooning up, you want to start working on a UI.

This is what we can expect from SF.............God help this country if that happens.

When the maajority want something Brendi it is common place to call the 'the people'. As in The People of Ireland Chose SSM'

We are democrats, we know that some do not want it too.

I think SF will be chuffed that you reckon all those who want a BP are Shinners though.

When the maajority want something Brendi it is common place to call the 'the people'. As in The People of Ireland Chose SSM'

We are democrats, we know that some do not want it too.

I think SF will be chuffed that you reckon all those who want a BP are Shinners though.

So all the ‘people’ have been polled Francie.

Cannot remember anyone calling to ‘Casa Bendar’ to elicit my opinion.

Now that you mention it though, the hound came in with a mouthful of a cheap white shirt and black tie shreds there recently.

Maybe I was ‘polled’ .....who knows.

• Advertisement

So all the ‘people’ have been polled Francie.

Cannot remember anyone calling to ‘Casa Bendar’ to elicit my opinion.

Now that you mention it though, the hound came in with a mouthful of a cheap white shirt and black tie shreds there recently.

Maybe I was ‘polled’ .....who knows.

Ah right...you're in 'opinion polls mean nothing' mode. Didn't realise. Fair enough, I agree as it happens.

I preface all future remarks with 'if this opinion poll means anything....'

P.S. Why is your mutt attacking waiters? Was the starter off?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Madeoface

maccored wrote: »
    you obviously dont know many shinners. the ones I know are (like myself) employed and well paid.

Great to see you've worked out how a UI will be financed etc without the country having any kind of debate or discussion over it. Either that or you are talking 'IMO' rather than any kind of fact

I know loads, I grew up in an estate where all the workshy were fervent republicans. It gave them a focus other than supporting some Scottish soccer team.🙄 Never had time to find work but enough spons and time on hand to fund boozy soccer weekends in Glasgow.

That free money grew on a magic tree too that will obviously fund a UI. A UI I don't give two ****s about either way once the real working classes don't pick up the tab and the burden is shared with the welfare classes / work shy.

Send on link to any shinner UI costing, I've seen all the other fairy tales on Disney plus.

Madeoface wrote: »
    I know loads, I grew up in an estate where all the workshy were fervent republicans. It gave them a focus other than supporting some Scottish soccer team.�� Never had time to find work but enough spons and time on hand to fund boozy soccer weekends in Glasgow.

That free money grew on a magic tree too that will obviously fund a UI. A UI I don't give two ****s about either way once the real working classes don't pick up the tab and the burden is shared with the welfare classes / work shy.

Send on link to any shinner UI costing, I've seen all the other fairy tales on Disney plus.

69% in the south are Shinners? I'm sure they'll be delighted with that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Madeoface

69% in the south are Shinners? I'm sure they'll be delighted with that. :)

I'm probably in that % too Francie, until u tell me I will pay more for it than others in our society.

Tis like asking 'do you want a bottle of rare malt whisky normally out of your reach?'

I would answer yes.

Then question two clarifies, in actual fact u will have to pay for it. But Jonny down the road can have that same bottle cheaper than u can and he really wants that whisky; far more than you ever did, you just need to pay a bit more than usual.

Then it becomes moot. I'm happy enough with the status quo. I'll stick to the pints.

I'm probably in that % too Francie, until u tell me I will pay more for it than others in our society.

Tis like asking 'do you want a bottle of rare malt whisky normally out of your reach?'

I would answer yes.

Then question two clarifies, in actual fact u will have to pay for it. But Jonny down the road can have that same bottle cheaper than u can and he really wants that whisky; far more than you ever did, you just need to pay a bit more than usual.

Then it becomes moot. I'm happy enough with the status quo. I'll stick to the pints.

:)

What else are you not happy paying for and how is it going opting out?

It's a bull**** question, very few will answer in a positive way.

Put a proposal before the people and then we'll get a credible picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭jh79

What question should they of asked on whether people would fund a UI?

jh79 wrote: »
    What question should they of asked on whether people would fund a UI?

You ask that question when you put a proposal to the people with all the costs, possible pitfalls and the benefits for all.
    Do we want to build a new all island health system for example etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭jh79

You ask that question when you put a proposal to the people with all the costs, possible pitfalls and the benefits for all.

In the meantime there is still value in the question. The parties now will have to come up with a low cost solution or it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

We can't even build a children's hospital lol

We can't even build a children's hospital lol

FG FF can't build a hospital

• Advertisement

Its still useless without a majority in the North wanting it though
    Like trying to buy your neighbours house when they're not selling
    Ironically, the protocol gives the centre there the best of both worlds
    Its going to be Unionists next move, once they get some 'improvements' to it
    Its a UI's Achille's heel

I see Leo has asked SF to delete the Abú database. Proper order. I’d still like to know though if SF held information about a person above and beyond what was in the register.

Like could some unelected activist from West Belfast find out information on where a member of the Gardaí was living; what his voting preference might be; and, most importantly, what additional information was stored on that person - was there info on the colour of his house, a note on an angry dog in the garden, info on kids coming up to voting age etc etc.

It’s probably best for SF now that they delete it and hope it wasn’t hacked/compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I see Leo has asked SF to delete the Abú database. Proper order. I’d still like to know though if SF held information about a person above and beyond what was in the register.

Like could some unelected activist from West Belfast find out information on where a member of the Gardaí was living; what his voting preference might be; and, most importantly, what additional information was stored on that person - was there info on the colour of his house, a note on an angry dog in the garden, info on kids coming up to voting age etc etc.

It’s probably best for SF now that they delete it and hope it wasn’t hacked/compromised.

We will probably have to get a an independent commission set up to decommission it, it's the new weaponry it seems.
    Blackmail and all sorts of possibilities of fraudulent behaviour attached to this type of data base.
    This data base is taking politics to a new level of low.
    If any other party is involved in this type of info gathering they should be outed also.

We will probably have to get a an independent commission set up to decommission it, it's the new weaponry it seems.
    Blackmail and all sorts of possibilities of fraudulent behaviour attached to this type of data base.
    This data base is taking politics to a new level of low.
    If any other party is involved in this type of info gathering they should be outed also.

‘Put beyond use’ is the term to use Bish.

I can’t back this up but apparently SF ‘activists ‘ were seen throwing Tablets, phones and Laptops into a big barrel of Quik-Set cement in a lock-up premises near Rathcoole.

Working from an old template, someone suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

FG FF can't build a hospital

What sort of nonsense is this?

Have we no hospitals in the country?

Are we not in the middle of building the biggest children's hospital the country has ever seen?

How do you get away posting such lies and baseless accusations?

I can’t back this up but apparently SF ‘activists ‘ were seen throwing Tablets, phones and Laptops into a big barrel of Quik-Set cement in a lock-up premises near Rathcoole.

Get John de Chastelain back in to verify the database has been decommissioned. Maybe keep a few copies just in case, but say nothing about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I know loads, I grew up in an estate where all the workshy were fervent republicans. It gave them a focus other than supporting some Scottish soccer team.�� Never had time to find work but enough spons and time on hand to fund boozy soccer weekends in Glasgow.

Twas always thus.

The most fervent supporters of a UI are the ones who wouldn't be sticking their hand in their pockets to pay for it.

I remember in the mid-80's the Shinnerbots of the day were confidently predicting a UI by the turn of the millennium .

In 2,000 they were crowing about a UI by 2020.

Today's timeframe seems to be 'around 20 years from now'..

It's consistent at least. A point in the future where it's in your lifetime but not of any immediate danger of having to pay for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

I don't get all the posters saying "it will cost an extra 13 billion" it only costs that much because it's it's own entity within the UK any 6 counties of Ireland would be a money hole if they were their own entity within the UK, it's not like we would be taking on a separate state we would be incorporating it into our own

In relation to loyalist violence if there was any after a vote passed it would die out almost instantly as there is no possible result for them Britain wouldn't take them back and they would make that clear.

This blatant rubbish is just an excuse for partitionists wanting to keep Ireland partitioned.

Losing phones Brendie? Wonder whose 'template' they were working to there? :):)

• Advertisement

Marco23d wrote: »
    I don't get all the posters saying "it will cost an extra 13 billion" it only costs that much because it's it's own entity within the UK any 6 counties of Ireland would be a money hole if they were their own entity within the UK, it's not like we would be taking on a separate state we would be incorporating it into our own

In relation to loyalist violence if there was any after a vote passed it would die out almost instantly as there is no possible result for them Britain wouldn't take them back and they would make that clear.

This blatant rubbish is just an excuse for partitionists wanting to keep Ireland partitioned.

The only “blatant rubbish” here is in the post I quoted.

If you think that half the population who don’t want a UI will lie down and roll over and accept it, you need to take a more serious look at the issues, rather than pie-in- the - sky idealism.

I would like a UI it but not until the Unionist coterie are fully in favour and want the change.

Absolutely not safe now, very very far from it, the conditions are totally not right to be going down that road at this time or any time soon.

Advertisement